sander1992

MOC: Large landscape with Islanders, Imperial Guards, Soldiers and Arm

Hello All,

I have exhibited at Legoworld in the Netherlands this year with a landscape based on the first pirates series. The landscape is 7 meters long and 1.25 wide. I created this landscape with my brother and it took ,roughly said, 5 months to built. We wanted a bigger landscape, but we did not have that many blue baseplates. :pir-grin:

The landscape contains a small town with a wall around it. There is a small harbor and a bit of countryside. Behind the wall is a big sea with several Islands of the Imperial soldier. There is one big island with Islanders. :pir-laugh: The island contains a volcano, several waterfalls and cottages of the Islanders. Across the sea is a fortress of the Imperial Armada. In the end corners of the landscape are several pirate hideouts and a city of gold (Eldorado?).

Here is the link to the pictures.

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=560054

Questions and comments/feedback are welcome.

Sincerely,

Sander

Wow. That is one seriously impressive layout. You've got everything and lots of it. The town is nice, the forts are fine, and the overall attention to detail is excellent. I like the Armada section the most because it's rare to see something that big built for them. But you've also represented the Islanders really well, and the city of gold looks great. The volume of parts (especially vegetation) is just enormous. The texturing of the beaches is good vs just putting down a single layer of plates and calling it done. I'm also impressed that you actually bothered to use so many trans-clear parts to show movement of the water; most people would just use plain blue baseplates and this looks so much better. The only problem is the lack of photos in this post - something this good really needs to be showcased better than just a link to a gallery. For anyone reading this, do yourself a favor and look through the entire gallery. It's well worth it. I'm sure Benny would agree...

Excellent work, especially considering the sheer size and the fact that two people did it all.

This is really cool, I am just on my phone at the moment so haven't looked at it all properly (I agree with Captain Dee a few photos in the thread would be nice, or perhaps a video if you have one? Since a single shot may not do the whole thing justice). I am going to return to this and study the photos properly but from what I have seen it looks amazing. Really liking the island and those waves :-)

The images will need to be downsized before posting, but I recommend adding a lot of images to your post. :pir-wub:

Wow, just wow... the love for details is just stunning. I guess I could look at the pictures a third and fourth time and still see something wonderful.

I really appreciate that you integrated a lot of the classic sets and not only the vessels. Must have been even greater seeing it in real.

Thank you all for your comments. pirate_classic.gif

@ Captain Dee: I was surprised myself how things turned out with the Armada section. I just used the colors of set nr. 6244 (light gray, white and green) and the fortress actually worked out pretty good. I wanted waves in the sea, because a few years ago was a group of people with a pirate layout that did not have waves. It was boring to look at and I wanted to prevent that.

@: Brickon: There is a video made by Maico Arts. He is known by the Great Ball Contraption (GBC).

Here is the link.

The landscape is shown between 3:34-4:06.

I got a few pictures downsized, but not all of them.

I show them to you as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the comments. pirate_classic.gif

Amazing!!!!

Maybe the best Large scale Pirate moc i've ever seen!

Only one thing, take better pictures cause it's beautiful and it's a shame to spoil the effect of this

This is a stunning creation! Even faved it to have it as reference. Pictures from afar don't do justice to your excellent work! I wish i was at Legoworld to admire it from close up.

It took some time, but I have an account on Flickr.

Now a little experiment.

22899829366_6e22f4dbd6_c.jpg

Like Anakin said: It's working!pir_laugh2.gif

I am sorry it took so long. I had to prepare the town and countryside for a local store.

Pictures from the local store owner: https://www.facebook.com/legowinkelhoornenzwaag/

I got some more pictures.

22936937241_5e59d39d45_c.jpg

22533664449_652da0cf47_c.jpg

A few pictures of the town.

22925805375_ba9118e8c3_c.jpg

22507508418_223ac8df05_c.jpg

22737818620_8001779fa3_c.jpg

22304667363_b7d0ea704b_c.jpg

22533665359_24ecc6d6f4_c.jpg

Edited by sander1992

Thank you all. pirate_classic.gif

@ Larsy: We don't have the space either. I had to built the islands and sea on my knees in the living room. pirate_laugh2.gif

That was a lot of work and the knees were hurting back then.

I don't know if I am exaggerating right now, but it is a honor being post at the frontpage.

To celebrate that, I add some pictures of the island and the city of gold.

22533666079_9fe01560a0_c.jpg

22925806575_d2801c4426_c.jpg

22912387352_bf63777c81_c.jpg

22533666329_005dce7a5a_c.jpg

22899832816_853ca9dfd5_c.jpg

22899833186_f38a93e646_c.jpg

22304669653_9fd5834387_c.jpg

Enjoy! pirate_wink.gif

There are 2 Armada ships in your guge diarama. It seems you used all the pirate sets ever issued. Do you know any LEGO buildings issued for Armada? ( I know there is a small post with green doors). How long have you been collecting and creating LEGO sets to become such skillful master builders?!!! Such an unspeakable piece of art with unusual building techniques. I wish I learn from you. It looks very realistic.

There are 2 Armada ships in your guge diarama. It seems you used all the pirate sets ever issued. Do you know any LEGO buildings issued for Armada? ( I know there is a small post with green doors). How long have you been collecting and creating LEGO sets to become such skillful master builders?!!! Such an unspeakable piece of art with unusual building techniques. I wish I learn from you. It looks very realistic.

The small set with the green doors is the only set of the armada. I have two of those sets. The fortress is built in the same color scheme to make it recognizable. I have been collecting sets for 18 years. The last 6/7 years I started to create landscapes and every year I want bigger or more detailed landscapes. You can learn a lot from classic-castle. I do not see myself as a master builder. For example Gary The Procrastinator uses a lot of techniques and creates very detailed dioramas

What a massive and fun dio! Just screams for you to grab your favorite minifig and start playing. Congrats on a fanastic work.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks! Funny thing is, during Legoworld a lot of people said the same thing. pir_laugh2.gif

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately 6244 is the only building of the armada set Are their 2 ships from 6280 set? Or have you got the exclusive 6299? What's the difference between them, I wonder? There are hips of interesting details in your diorama to talk about. Thanks.