Sign in to follow this  
Martini26

[MOD] FO Special Forces TIE Figter - 75101

My little modyfication of the First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter set nr 75101 ;)

Hope that you like it - one of my first mods here ;)

22813755419_9d008eaafc_z.jpg

LDD file includes JPN366 modyfications of lower cannons and black plates 1x4 instead 1x6

75101-mod.lxf

Edited by Martini26

Still looks better than the standard Lego set (which for an eye watering sixty quid rip-off price should have at least had the inner spokes!...)

Edited by r5-j2

Looks like...

(8) 1 x 2 plate w/ 1 stud LBG

(4) 1 x 4 plate BLACK

(8) 1 x 4 hinge plate LBG

(8) 1 x 1 round plate LBG

(4) 1 x 8 plate BLACK

(8) 1 x 12 plate BLACK

(8) 1 x 2 plate BLACK

(4) 2 x 2 plate LBG or (4) 2 x 3 plate LBG

(4) 2 x 10 plate LBG

(4) 1 x 6 plate BLACK

Correct?

Edited by JPN366

Looks like...

(8) 1 x 2 plate w/ 1 stud LBG

Yes sir ;)

moded: inner solars spokes, lower cannon

My next mod will be 75102 (engines, wings etc.)... working on it all the time!

Edited by Martini26

Was it a simple process to add the inner spokes? That's the main reason that's holding me back from getting this.

Yes, no problem using hinge plate 1x4! Plates 1x12 are little expensive but worth it and now TIE looks like real!

Inner spokes are great, an essential addition. Shame TLG didn't rate them highly enough to include them

Yes sir ;)

moded: inner solars spokes, cannon (like in 75053 - Ghost model)

Here is my order from BL with parts for modyfication:

22497995559_dc5361a5fd_z.jpgspis by Martini26, on Flickr

without parts for the cannon ;)

.lxf file of this mod attached - maybe someone want/can build a better version ;)

My next mod will be 75102 (engines, wings etc.)... working on it all the time!

Awesome, I'm definitely ordering the parts to MOD mine. I don't usually do much MOD'ing, but I think in this case, it is essential. Looking at it without the inner spokes, it just doesn't look right. Thank you for making this MOD, I would have never noticed the lack of inner spokes. I like your MOD for the cannons under the cockpit, but I might do something different after looking at pictures of the "real" ship. This is what I'm going to do for the cannons...

(1) Turntable 2 x 2 Plate Base BLACK

(1) Turntable 2 x 2 Plate Top LBG

(2) Minifig Tool Light Sabre Hilt BLACK

(2) 1 x 2 Plate w/ Handles BLACK

(2) Minifig Telescope BLACK

(2) 1 x 1 Round Plate BLACK

(2) 1 x 1 Round Plate TRANS RED

Speaking of MOD'ing the X-Wing, I noticed it needed MOD's bad. It seems LEGO didn't "complete" the FO TIE and the X-Wing. I'm going to change the wing cannons and make them how they are done in the 9493 set, just the extension part, not the wing mount. And I'm adding some black slope pieces to the engines, which seems odd that LEGO didn't do that.

(4) Curved Slope 2 x 2 BLACK

(8) Curved Slope 4 x 1 Double BLACK

(4) 1 x 1 Brick BLACK or DARK GRAY or ORANGE

(4) Slope 25 Degree Angle 1 x 3 BLACK

(1) 1 x 2 Tile BLACK

(4) 1 X 1 Cone BLACK

(4) Bar 6 BLACK

(4) 2 X 2 Dish 016 Inverted BLACK

Actually, I might do the FO TIE cannons like you did, except I will probably attach them to the turn table and double them.

Have

Actually, I might do the FO TIE cannons like you did, except I will probably attach them to the turn table and double them.

Have you got any project in LDD what you want to do?

Don't forget to add some pictures when you done ;)

Have

Have you got any project in LDD what you want to do?

Don't forget to add some pictures when you done ;)

I'll sandbox it in LDD and mess around with some pieces from my LEGO room to see how it works before I order anything. I want to physically see if the telescopes work, otherwise I'll stick with the lightsaber hilts. I have to wait until pay day to get the pieces for your FO TIE MOD and the MOD I want to do for the X-Wing. I'll definitely share pictures. I think my idea for the X-Wing engines is on point and simple.

This set has grown on me, at first I was disappointed with the value. But after awhile you forget about the price and enjoy it for what it is... a really well designed set.

The only mods i made to it were adding black 1x1 slopes near the spokes to help reduce the studded look.

This set has grown on me, at first I was disappointed with the value. But after awhile you forget about the price and enjoy it for what it is... a really well designed set.

They can be picked up for a sensible price from Amazon now anyways. Yep, it's a great set. Love the way TLG did the black arm band thingies on the pylons. Now, we just need TLG to produce a new system scale OT TIE Fighter to match.

Totally doing this mod on my FO TIE. Thanks for sharing!

Better version of this mod in the first post (with JPN366 changes) ;)

My little modyfication of the First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter set nr 75101 ;)

Hope that you like it - one of my first mods here ;)

22483167388_b027dfa4f4_z.jpgFO SF TIE Fighter by Martini26, on Flickr

LDD file includes JPN366 modyfications of lower cannons and black plates 1x4 instead 1x6

Can you reset pictures again please?

Has someone modified the wings attachement? It seems that there is a vulnerable part there when wings hit a bit ....

Pictures reseted ;)

Attachement of wings is ok in this mod.

Modified once more lower gun ;)

24473573270_fd50e1a2ba_z.jpg

Edited by Martini26

Veery nice, but I do think that the turret on the underside is too big now in comparison to the size of the real one (which is barely noticable and in system scale not really good to recreate).

Inner Spokes look very good, I did a similar modification, but mine are just attached by the 1x1 round plate (which is more sturdy than one would believe aka the spokes stay in position when untouched) and the inner centre of the panel attachment is too big in comparison to the outer centre.

Also, even though the lasers the TIE shoots are green, the shooters themselves or lights or whatever it is are red on the real model, arent they?

img_6757.jpg

Reference:

kqv24jop.png

Edited by BigEl

Are those even the lasers? I am no expert on this, but it seems weird that on every other toy as well as reference material we see red (even in the movie) while the TIE shoots green lasers.

The turret underneath shoots definitely green lasers as well but has no color on it that would suggest it.

jkx6x47f.jpg

Veery nice, but I do think that the turret on the underside is too big now in comparison to the size of the real one (which is barely noticable and in system scale not really good to recreate).

Inner Spokes look very good, I did a similar modification, but mine are just attached by the 1x1 round plate (which is more sturdy than one would believe aka the spokes stay in position when untouched) and the inner centre of the panel attachment is too big in comparison to the outer centre.

Also, even though the lasers the TIE shoots are green, the shooters themselves or lights or whatever it is are red on the real model, arent they?

BigEl give us some more pictures of your TIE version, especially wing from cockpit side (inside) ;) What extra parts you used to rebuild the wing?

Edited by Martini26