just2good

Ghostbusters (Reboot) 2016 sets rumors and discussion

We're only getting one (I think)

75828 Ghostbusters - $79.99 NZD

They wouldn't make one set for a license. Would we have rather 1 largish set with a high price or multiple small sets with a smaller price to make more profit?

They wouldn't make one set for a license. Would we have rather 1 largish set with a high price or multiple small sets with a smaller price to make more profit?

The Big Bang Theory

They made two for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Why are you guys already criticizing about the movie? We haven't seen a trailer or anything other than pictures. Dan Aykroyd said it may be funnier than the original. We'll never know until we see the full movie. I understand everybody has their opinion. I enjoy criticism but not when you haven't even seen the movie. :hmpf_bad:

Just not a fan of unnecessary reboots.

Well, that's just my 2 cents.

Edited by LegoPercyJ

Just not a fan of unnecessary reboots.

Well, that's just my 2 cents.

Agreed, I see no purpose in ruining a classic. However, I do want to see the *set* (singular as of now). I think Lego could do some really cool things with the new Ecto-1 or whatever they're calling it nowadays. And it would just be so nice if it'd fit four people now.

Chinese Headquarters playset! Meghan McCarthy minifigure with unfunny speech bubble accessory! :ugh:

I actually think that's hugely offensive not only to Melissa McCarthy but to fat people in general.

I'm... horizontally challenged... but I don't get how that's an insult to fat people. Am I missing some slang the kids are using nowadays? Is there some "Chinese headquarters" reference that I don't get?

Anyway, I'm with the crowd that thinks a reboot is a bad idea, and I don't understand why we can't just have a Ghostbusters:TNG, where these women are daughters or something of the original Ghostbusters, or, I don't know... why does it have to be a "reboot." Reboot is usually reserved for something you thought was good, but could have been done better. They simply are not going to top the original Ghostbusters.

However, I'm looking forward to seeing it and hoping they do a good job with it, and if it gets us some good LEGO sets, then it's all good... after all, none of us have any stake, financially or otherwise, in how well the movie does, so who cares? So if there's already only going to be one other set (besides HQ), then I don't see what difference it makes.

I'm... horizontally challenged... but I don't get how that's an insult to fat people. Am I missing some slang the kids are using nowadays? Is there some "Chinese headquarters" reference that I don't get?

No. Some posts have just been taken out of context and warped into failed attempts at arguments.

Fortunately, it was a failed attempt at starting an argument, so I shall say no more in hopes that this also goes somewhat unnoticed by arguers.

I just hope these sets have super jumpers. That way kids that don't like the movie can break their figs legs off in revenge. :grin:

No. Some posts have just been taken out of context and warped into failed attempts at arguments.

Fortunately, it was a failed attempt at starting an argument, so I shall say no more in hopes that this also goes somewhat unnoticed by arguers.

I just hope these sets have super jumpers. That way kids that don't like the movie can break their figs legs off in revenge. :grin:

Actually, it wasn't an attempt at an argument. The post must have been edited because there was definitely an unfunny reference to Melissa McCarthy's weight in that post.

LEGODalekbuster523, fair enough. I apologize for the unfounded accusation.

I hope these sets are decent. I dislike sets that are below a level of decency.

LEGODalekbuster523, fair enough. I apologize for the unfounded accusation.

I hope these sets are decent. I dislike sets that are below a level of decency.

Agreed, Lego have definitely done a good job on the current Ghostbusters sets so I would be very suprised if they suddenly did a bad job.

This was tweeted by Paul Feig, director of the new movie.

ml6kInh.png

Again, I believe we're getting a singular set (75828) and a few Dimensions packs.

Edited by CM4Sci

This was tweeted by Paul Feig, director of the new movie.

ml6kInh.png

Again, I believe we're getting a singular set (75828) and a few Dimensions packs.

Don't find that too surprising really; it saves LEGO time making pointless small sets nobody will buy to make something a range when all you really want is the new Ecto-1. Will be great to have some Dimensions packs based on the reboot; I love the idea of having Peter Venkman, (hopefully) Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore and Ray Stantz on the toy pad at the same time as three of the female reboot Ghostbusters.

It's based on the new ECTO :sweet:

That's great to hear. The only set I will likely want based on the reboot (even though it looks absolutely amazing) unless there's anything special about the Chinese restaurant HQ and it's not simply just a standard Chinese Restaurant. I can't really see what they could do with a Chinese Restaurant though because it's not as 'exciting' as a firehouse converted into a headquarters (no pole for the characters to slide down, for example).

One set is bizarre, if JW got six and Scooby got five :S

Though I'm glad we're getting more female dimensions characters and finally a woman of colour! :D

One set is bizarre, if JW got six and Scooby got five :S

I'd rather one brilliant set than six pointless ones. That's the problem with most of the licensed themes: they create so many redundant sets just to make it a 'range'.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

So, there's going to be one set with the restaurant as headquarter and a new ecto-1 and a few reboot dimensions packs? As long as they're not Friends-style they have my attention :-)

So, there's going to be one set with the restaurant as headquarter and a new ecto-1 and a few reboot dimensions packs? As long as they're not Friends-style they have my attention :-)

No, sounds like one set based on the new Ecto-1 and a few Dimensions packs.

I'd rather one brilliant set than six pointless ones. That's the problem with most of the licensed themes: they create so many redundant sets just to make it a 'range'.

I guess that fits in with Jurassic World, but the sets were redundant just so kids could capture the dinosaurs. :P

The Lone Ranger, Age of Ultron and Prince and Persia had nice waves of sets based on a single movie. We know for a fact there's a least a single location in the movie;the hq, so why not make it?

We know for a fact there's a least a single location in the movie;the hq, so why not make it?

As I said, I think it depends if there's anything interesting about the building exterior other than it being a chinese restaurant. A chinese restaurant is not as exciting a location as a firehouse.