just2good

Ghostbusters (Reboot) 2016 sets rumors and discussion

Uh.. buy a set, and you get double the VIP points it's worth.

So if you buy a GBHQ, you get about 700 Points = $35

This. And it starts the 7th. :laugh:

So many people said that the movie was probably gonna flop. Now that the trailer is out, I would say (along with so many thumbs down for the trailer on youtube) it is definitely gonna flop. The 2016 reboot set is the last one in the GB line. Given that the movie will flop, no new generation is gonna be interested at all to visit the classic 80s GB. The firehouse HQ is not gonna do that great in the after-market. I am no GB fan but I can surely feel their pain after they see the trailer. A total disaster.

And it makes me all the more want to give this set a pass.

Doesn't seem like there's much set potential. The most memorable ghost was the really tall one. Effects look cool but not necessarily goose. Disliking the film is no reason to avoid a good set, though.

I want a Gozer as well. We are so close from being to recreate those two films now, just need a Gozer, Vego, and Stay Puft.

Gozer, like Walter Peck, could be pieced together. White legs and torso, flesh hands, brown spiky hair, a possessed face like Dana's from the Firehouse, done. Maybe the Giant Man figure from the Marvel Super Hero Airport Battle could be a template for a Stay Puft figure?

Effects look cool but not necessarily goose.

"Goose"?

I don't know. The trailer's not totally convincing, but I've seen Paul Feig and Melissa McCarthy yield hilarious stuff, and everything I don't like about the trailer has to do with how it's cut together and the music cut in, which shouldn't reflect the movie itself. I'm still cautiously optimistic.

That said, I think if we were going to get more LEGO sets beyond the one we know about (and what appear to possibly be LEGO Dimensions packs based on this version), we'd probably have heard about them by now.

(Do we know yet whether those "GB" releases on the list of post-Wave 5 LEGO Dimensions packs are in fact additional Ghostbusters packs at all, and if they are, whether they're for the reboot or originals?)

The trailer looks good to me. Seems the vibe is fairly similar to that of the originals. New characters, same concept. The Ecto-1 being a hearse fits the whole idea quite well, I feel.

And so many ghosts! Good. That's a great sign for sets to come.

I liked the trailer and think there is a number of potential set ideas in the future, should Lego want to add more.

With all the ghost-catching weapons, we could see a bear-trap or even those pistols (even if just the current pistol mold). There are tons of ghost, including that tall one, which could be made. Possessed Melissa McCarthy could be an option. I think there could easily be more than one set out of this is Lego gets creative.

"Goose"?

Whoops, I meant "good."

I do like the idea of the ghosts assembling in order instead of individuals wreaking havoc, and the designs are cool and look great even though it's painfully CG. The trailer didn't show us anything providing context for the set, though.

Edited by 8BrickMario

So many people said that the movie was probably gonna flop. Now that the trailer is out, I would say (along with so many thumbs down for the trailer on youtube) it is definitely gonna flop. The 2016 reboot set is the last one in the GB line. Given that the movie will flop, no new generation is gonna be interested at all to visit the classic 80s GB. The firehouse HQ is not gonna do that great in the after-market. I am no GB fan but I can surely feel their pain after they see the trailer. A total disaster.

And it makes me all the more want to give this set a pass.

I disagree, there's no way this is going to be a flop.

Ghostbusters + Paul Feig should equal a big box office success.

The only part that bothers me is Kristin Wiig. She's painfully unfunny. The rest have a chance to make it decent.

The new HQ looks like it's a Chinese restaurant with a garage on the side. They could also consider other locations - the subway, Times Square, the theater/whatever the wig place is...

I would like the restaurant HQ. These Ghostbusters won't have to use the "last of the petty cash" to get their Chinese food!

The new HQ looks like it's a Chinese restaurant with a garage on the side. They could also consider other locations - the subway, Times Square, the theater/whatever the wig place is...

I'd love to see these as sets. I want to see the really big ghost that lingers through Time Square in LEGO form.

TRAILER TALK=NOT HERE. END OF DISCUSSION

PS - Writing 'I know this is off topic but…', 'I know we aren't supposed to talk about this, but…' - NO. STOP. If you know you're not supposed to be having a certain type of discussion here, THEN DON'T.

You might say, but CloneyO, why not? Who cares? Go with the flow? Well, if we went with the flow, this could turn into a films forum, and that's not the point. We have the Culture & Multimedia section on EB because we know you'd like to discuss non-LEGO stuff with all the wonderful folks with whom you're discussing LEGO stuff. Still, EB is primarily a LEGO site and the discussion needs to stick to LEGO.

PPS I will lock this topic if non-LEGO discussion continues.

I would like the restaurant HQ. These Ghostbusters won't have to use the "last of the petty cash" to get their Chinese food!

I'm not sure it looks visually interesting enough really. I could see a small set based on the underground station where it looks like Patty initially works though.

Is this a May release or later in the summer? for some reason I thought i could buy it in March, It's hard to follow what comes out when.

I don't care about the movie, i don't even have to see it, I just want the hairpieces and all the other interesting parts.

I'm super excited for the movie, and super excited to have this set in my hands!

There's definite potential for future sets;

- Restaraunt Headquarters (Give LEGO a chance to re-sue the takeaway boxes from TBBT. Possessed Melissa McArthy anyone?)

- Times Square (After seeing the scale of Giant-Man, LEGO could easily make the 'Jack Skellington' ghost)

- Subway (A subway themed set would be awesome! Maybe half a carriage, Patty in her work outift and a ghost. There's the station with the Ghostbusters logo on the wall!)

However, if LEGO started to plan the sets, they won't be out until next year... So we might have to wait until Ghostbusters 2 comes out ;)

- Restaraunt Headquarters (Give LEGO a chance to re-sue the takeaway boxes from TBBT. Possessed Melissa McArthy anyone?)

If anything, it would be the Chinese Takeaway sueing them. :wink:

Guys, I am sorry, if this is a silly question, but is there only one set for the upcoming movie or will TLG reveal others just a bit closer to the premiere in July?