just2good

Ghostbusters (Reboot) 2016 sets rumors and discussion

Looks neat ! I'm loving the minifigs. I'm wondering if this is a LEGO exclusive or will it be sold in random brick and mortar stores..

Looks neat ! I'm loving the minifigs. I'm wondering if this is a LEGO exclusive or will it be sold in random brick and mortar stores..

If LEGO have any sense they'll make it available on Amazon at least.

I imagine it's just a promotional announcement. The Mystery Mansion got a press release, but it was available everywhere with the rest of the sets. This should be no different, as it doesn't fit the typical D2C bill.

I heard it has a limited release, like a D2C. Probably will hit Toys"R"Us as well, like the ECTO-1 did on release. For me at least.

I had no doubt that this set would deliver, and it did. Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones' hair pieces look phenomenal, the Ecto-1 looks like an overall improvement from the last set to feature the vehicle, and the inclusion of Chris Hemsworth, the bike, and the ghost are really nice. Loving the mini figure heads, too. I can think of a lot of uses for them.

Is Melissa Mccarthy's hair piece new, or is it just Padme's?

Yates, Holtzmann, and Tollan's hair are all new pieces! So yes!

Well, at least there's something to complain about...heaven forbid we enjoy a set. :laugh:

Edited by 8BrickMario

That pic isn't even matching up the minifigure with the right Ghostbusters character. :P

My point is the colors are on the wrong characters, I matched up the collars.

I don't care for the movie/car, BUT am I really seeing a 2x2 wedge plate there? That's the part that Lego should have been producing since the 80's!

Happy to see that they didn't go with minidolls. I almost expected them to do that.

Not a bad looking set overall, but the monster looks kind of silly with the red arms and head piece on a trans black body and head. Still, nice to see the CMF Gargoyle's pieces in new variations.

Edited by x105Black

My point is the colors are on the wrong characters, I matched up the collars.

Does it really matter? I don't think people would be too concerned if a collar flap is down instead of up...

In any case, the set looks very good, the hairpieces are a welcome addition.

Happy to see that they didn't go with minidolls. I almost expected them to do that.

Not a bad looking set overall, but the monster looks kind of silly with the red arms and head piece on a trans black body and head. Still, nice to see the CMF Gargoyle's pieces in new variations.

Looking again, I have to agree. At least painting the ears or horns dark grey would have helped. We'll have to see the demon's design in the film (if it's even in the film) to be sure.

Does it really matter? I don't think people would be too concerned if a collar flap is down instead of up...

TLG decided to make a bunch of new torso prints = expensive = important

This IP is only for old nerds, so they'l notice ;)

Holy smokes, this looks great :wub: And it came out of nowhere too, I really didn't expect an official reveal like that this soon :thumbup: Definitely a must-buy!

No, but a major point for LEGO collectors and this a LEGO nerd site, not a movie review site, mate .

The collars not matching is kind of an oversight, but not a big deal. I'm wondering where this alternate torso appears:

2vl9ria.jpg

Looking at the minifigures in the set image, I don't see that strap.

Hey, the blonde lady gets two torsos; one with the belt and one without.

She may actually get another head too-- one photo shows a head with no glasses whatsoever. Strange.

Might there be a second set? Or a Dimensions pack; they have the license, so it makes sense the new Ghostbusters could appear in the game.

The collars not matching is kind of an oversight, but not a big deal. I'm wondering where this alternate torso appears:

Looking at the minifigures in the set image, I don't see that strap.

They're being super nice people and including almost 2 versions of her :sweet: -

HemDKUa.png

Might there be a second set? Or a Dimensions pack; they have the license, so it makes sense the new Ghostbusters could appear in the game.

Oh, good point, that's right, we are getting Dimensions packs for these.