eurotrash

MOC: Bob's Burgers Restaurant

MOC: Bob's Burgers Restaurant

I was challenged to build the restaurant from the TV show. It's been an excellent adventure into the deepest parts of teh interweb as I tried to grab as much source material as possible. Some of it was contradictory - indeed I found three different roof lines used in various episodes (I finally settled on the most frequently used one).

22391156528_90d6bd8300_c.jpg

22188373033_974d43d3c1_c.jpg

22621530180_e0212f1ce3_c.jpg

Credit to Terry Akuna for the awesome graphics http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010629990106&fref=ts

22188372233_43e737f920_c.jpg

I still need to build the interior but I've already started constructing Mort's "It's your funeral" building next door.

Comments, criticism and ridicule most welcome!

#Beefsquatch

way cool. i quite enjoy that show and your build has captured it well. i look forward to see the next additions :)

I've been wanting to build one for our modular street for shows.

I was about to ask about the graphics because that is one thing that is keeping me from doing it. I don't know how to make my own.

Neat build overall. I think I'd end up doing it a little differently, which is good. A few different approaches to the same source material.

It'll be neat seeing Mort's. And the one in constant flux on the other side looks neat too.

Maybe, I'll also do Jimmy Pesto's for good measure.

Keep up the good work.

Great building overall, but the stand out for me are the roofline and the tiled roof!

Looking forward to seeing the interior and the funeral place.

9198929916_b0540e73a9_o.png

This is great. I love the colour scheme.

And indeed please make interior ! :classic:

From which show is this ?

I was about to ask about the graphics because that is one thing that is keeping me from doing it. I don't know how to make my own.

Terry Akuna did these graphics. I just simply emailed him the images, he emailed back the proofs, we agreed a price and a few days later they were ready. Thoroughly recommended.

I would definitly buy some instructions if you sold them!

It's highly unlikely that I'll ever do instructions, but if you want to build your own just let me know if there are pictures of specific areas that you need for clarification. What I will say is that you'll need 40+ 1x1 headlight bricks in yellow.

9198929916_b0540e73a9_o.png

Thank you so much for the blog post! It's much appreciated.

From which show is this ?

tina.jpg

http://www.fox.com/bobs-burgers

:classic:

Thanks for all the comments!

I love it. Now you need the Funeral Home next door. So you can start rumors about Bob's ingredients. That should fit in with your genuinely "wrong side of the tracks" city layout perfectly.

The details on the back are also pretty nice.

Fantastic building! I especially like the backyard!

I tried to keep it as in the show with the dumpster, wooden pallets, strange water heater-thing?, lights, and fire escape.

header_with_bob.jpg

I love it. Now you need the Funeral Home next door. So you can start rumors about Bob's ingredients. That should fit in with your genuinely "wrong side of the tracks" city layout perfectly.

There's even less source material for the Funeral home. That's making it challenging - I guess I'll just have to watch even more episodes and be ready with the pause button :classic: