Sign in to follow this  
PaddyBricksplitter

GB HQ Mini Modular House Series

Hi All,

I am working on a theme mashup series. The formula is, theme + 16x16 modular houses = Fun.

That way all our favorite Lego themes can live on one street. I have built 3 so far but I am waiting for the right coloured parts to arrive before I post them. Anyway here's the first house. The pic is a little dull because of the terrible weather I'm sure we will be having in Ireland for the next 6 months.

Hope ya like it.

22801583995_7697f94245_c.jpg

Holy my busters spirits.

This is adorable :wub:

Would make a nice placement for all the people ( probably myself included ) that wont be able to afford the official Ghostbuster headquarters set.

This is a very nice build indeed, and you managed to capture all the highlights in so little space.

What can i say ..

Seriously love it ! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Holy my busters spirits.

This is adorable :wub:

Would make a nice placement for all the people ( probably myself included ) that wont be able to afford the official Ghostbuster headquarters set.

This is a very nice build indeed, and you managed to capture all the highlights in so little space.

What can i say ..

Seriously love it ! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks but I cant take all the credit I just copied the building techniques from the official set images and shrunk them to fit a 16x16 plate. Any one could do it and build their own. It certainly saved on valuable shelve space ;)

You've come up with a great mashup idea PaddyBrickSplitter. The GBHQ scales down really well, all the detail is there to make for a great looking building. I'm definitely going to try a build in this style.

Smaller is better! This is a GB HQ I would like to have! The "official" looks too large to me.

Thanks for sharing this.

Andy D

Great Build! A good way to display the GB figures.

Thx, well you can display about one XD

This is super cute! I can't wait to see the other ones.

Thx, me too!

You've come up with a great mashup idea PaddyBrickSplitter. The GBHQ scales down really well, all the detail is there to make for a great looking building. I'm definitely going to try a build in this style.

Go ahead, it's really fun doing these, making sets into little houses is good for laughs.

It looks fantastic even after shrinking it to that size.

Iconic design I guess and a good job by the Lego designers.

Smaller is better! This is a GB HQ I would like to have! The "official" looks too large to me.

Thanks for sharing this.

Andy D

Thanks Andy. The official one looks too big for my shelves. I guess I need new shelves.

What fun! I look forward to seeing more of these! I hope one of them is the Hill Valley Court House.

Glad you think so. I have done two more houses from the licensed i.p. themes. I will post them when the parts arrive.

Very nice job! I like the way you've scaled it down yet you've kept the key features in there which makes it instantly recognizable.

Wow!! Just a real beauty! I might try that one too... But I am really bad at building such things without any instructions. The color is also very rare in my collection...mhmm.

Edit: is there any kind of interieur in your build?

Edited by KCMatze

Fantastic job, Paddy! Really like the architecture. :thumbup:

:) thx Graham.

Very nice job! I like the way you've scaled it down yet you've kept the key features in there which makes it instantly recognizable.

Thank you Tariq.

This

Is.

Awesome!

:D

Wow!! Just a real beauty! I might try that one too... But I am really bad at building such things without any instructions. The color is also very rare in my collection...mhmm.

Edit: is there any kind of interieur in your build?

There's not much of an inside, just some stairs and a wall but there is room for a few details like putting a bed upstairs.

Fantastic! Can't wait to see what else you come up with! :wub::moar:

EDIT: Corrected typo :blush:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Fantastic! Can't wait to see what else you come up with! :wub::moar:

EDIT: Corrected typo :blush:

Thanks man, should be able to post the next one tomorrow. Might start a new thread as it's Star Wars instead of GB.

This is great! Good idea with the mini build, Paddy. :thumbup:

I especially like the details, like the a/c in the window and the slime bubbling up through the sidewalk. Just brilliant!

Nice! And a good alternative for the real set (for the ones that can't afford it, or don't have enough shelfspace anymore)

This is great! Good idea with the mini build, Paddy. :thumbup:

I especially like the details, like the a/c in the window and the slime bubbling up through the sidewalk. Just brilliant!

Thanks, regarding the details, the ac unit is built that way in the official set, and it has the slime too, just a little more. I tried ti keep the same building techniques I saw in the official images.

Nice! And a good alternative for the real set (for the ones that can't afford it, or don't have enough shelfspace anymore)

No shelf space, that's sounds like me :) thx

This looks great. never would have thought it would work so well at that scale.

Glad you think so. Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

Very well done. Interesting idea for sure.

I won't be doing this same scale, but I think I may continue on with my modular scaled HQ, but use some of these techniques. As in making the front doors smaller and whatnot to compensate for the scale. Maybe I'll build ecto-1 scooters they can ride. Might make it easier on a smaller scale.

Very well done. Interesting idea for sure.

I won't be doing this same scale, but I think I may continue on with my modular scaled HQ, but use some of these techniques. As in making the front doors smaller and whatnot to compensate for the scale. Maybe I'll build ecto-1 scooters they can ride. Might make it easier on a smaller scale.

Thanks. This was intended to be a theme mashup rather than a straight scaling down of the set. I have seen one guy who did the grey and black station from the first movie at a modular house scale. You should continue with yours an add it to the mix.

This would look even cooler with the dimensions Ecto-1 coming out the door.

good idea :)

Sorry to bump this thread but were you able to modify any other modular building? Thanks!

By the way, this is amazing. It's inspiring and creative. Will definitely try something like this out!

Edited by TheLazyChicken