LiLmeFromDaFuture

[WIP] MOC of the AT-ST Walker in LDD

However, the ankles will not be of much concern since I am using 92013.GIF (92013), which is very stiff, but I am still considering your design for the inter-leg bars as a ultimate option.

Is that join really stiffer than 62712? I only picked that one for the look, but I've played with other forms, they all seemed to have the same stiffness to me.

Is that join really stiffer than 62712? I only picked that one for the look, but I've played with other forms, they all seemed to have the same stiffness to me.

They appear to be of the same mold used for Hero Factory elements, so I believe it would be better than the previous ones.

On 16/08/2016 at 7:10 AM, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

28930968751_5e5e39a42c_c.jpg

Besides endeavoring to fill in the gaps on the back of the head, I always wanted to fix that particular joint to the body. Why would not that limit the possibility? Why indeed it will, but it will also make standing the walker on its own two legs less of a balancing act, as there is less articulation to manage—makes it more playable actually!

Though I accomplished this with few parts and minimal redesigning as possible, I had to use 64311.JPG (64311), which is currently out of production, and its most relevant color to that of an AT-ST is black. However, in the necessary redesigning to implement the new joints, the belly is now flatter with simple use of the 6 x 4 inverted slope cutout—looks infinitely better!

28901930342_e03ce8d4e6_c.jpg

28930969061_60e5f73d69_c.jpg

28901928192_8e14d69873_c.jpg

Additionally, I was never completely satisfied with the previous version of the concussion grenade launcher, but now after noticing the nice part usage of 92906.JPG (92906), to look the part on the upcoming Lego AT-ST set for Rogue One, it appeared to be a great idea to use the same (since nothing else seemed to work for certain reasons) and it turned out great!

28974331566_8c9f9721ae_c.jpg

Could you make an LDD file for the legs and "torso" I suppose you'd call it? (For those who haven't seen one of my posts on his AT-AT I mentioned I was combining AT-ST mocs) for this specific version that is. This version is the best in my opinion.

Edited by Tracytron

10 hours ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

I will have to find an alternative to uploading the file, as originally I could just do that from eurobricks, but I believe it is no longer supported.

What's no longer supported?

3 hours ago, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

Ever since a major overhaul was issued to eurobricks (before you joined), the LFX attachment was not supported, though I also have not tried in a while.

I downloaded an LFX file a few days back in here so it does

Another BlueRender of my AT-ST this time compared with LEGO's AT-ST for the upcoming movie Star Wars Rogue One

Also, notice how I positioned the stance of my AT-ST similar to what we saw in the second trailer of Rogue One.

30118496680_37e785fd26_c.jpg

On 16/08/2016 at 4:06 PM, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

I'm in love with this AT-DP ! :D

I also very like your AT-ST design. It have great details and the way you contructed the legs looks very stable. I'm looking to create an AT-ST MOC and find inspiration in existing ones (like Anothergol great design) but most of them looks unstable.

Ramses25

Why can't Lego ever produce an accurate model of this vehicle? It boggles the mind.

And let me second the call for an LDD of that AT-DP - that's awesome.

Edited by ProvenceTristram

19 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

I'm in love with this AT-DP ! :D

I also very like your AT-ST design. It have great details and the way you contructed the legs looks very stable. I'm looking to create an AT-ST MOC and find inspiration in existing ones (like Anothergol great design) but most of them looks unstable.

Ramses25

19 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

Why can't Lego ever produce an accurate model of this vehicle? It boggles the mind.

And let me second the call for an LDD of that AT-DP - that's awesome.

Just to be clear, the walkers in the picture belong to michaelozzie (the original topic of this photo exists here), so you could ask him about his fantastic AT-DP.  On his AT-ST, he used the design for the faceplate armor to enhance the aesthetics of his walker as well did I, and it looks great in real bricks.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I would love to see and LDD of the AT-ST as well.  It looks like an excellent combination of accurate shapes and durability.  I've never been happy with any of the versions Lego has produced, so I would love to build this thing.

2 hours ago, RaptorBandito said:

Sorry to bump an old thread but I would love to see and LDD of the AT-ST as well.  It looks like an excellent combination of accurate shapes and durability.  I've never been happy with any of the versions Lego has produced, so I would love to build this thing.

In its perfect time, yes, but at the moment I am still working on modifications…