Rick

Expand the Winter Village Contest VI

So here's a (long, meandering) question with respect to keeping entries along the lines of existing sets:

I realize that the 10173 Holiday Train predated the launch of the Winter Village line, but I've always thought of it as sort of the pilot that sold the series. Every year I set up my WV sets under my Christmas Tree and the railway is the thing that really ties everything together. For several years the holiday train orbited my village until it was retired in favor of the Emerald NIght.

Further, the official sets to date _have_ included vehicles (trucks, plows, wagons, sleighs, etc) though usually as a complement to the building itself; the Winter Village Market being the notable exception in that it was really a Carousel (which I'll call a vehicle, as it expends energy to take you in circles (like taking a cab in Boston)) with a handful of vendor booths for context.

So my question is this: Is a small Winter Village themed train with platform fair game for this competition or is it too much of a departure from the general trend in the series to have the building be the lion's share of the build?

To answer a couple of questions: every member of EB is free to enter, irrespective of where you're from.

So my question is this: Is a small Winter Village themed train with platform fair game for this competition or is it too much of a departure from the general trend in the series to have the building be the lion's share of the build?

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what constitutes an addition to the Winter Village line. We rely on people voting for creations that they see as a fitting addition to the line.

Can I use an illegal connection?

You shouldn't have asked. :grin: If it's obviously an illegal connection, it might deter people from voting for it. Personally, I think the challenge of LEGO is to work around problems and avoid illegal connections.

I got a question about the rule: Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.

Is it ok if I use original Lego decals from another set? I won't modify them. Our should I make my own then?

Edited by Nieks

Is it ok if I use original Lego decals from another set?

No problem.

To avoid any confusion about the deadline for submitting your entries: you have a little over 4 hours left from the time of this post.

Hello! I didn't find the terms of voting and the date of announcement of winner.

Where can I see all the entries?

Thank you;)

Hello! I didn't find the terms of voting and the date of announcement of winner.

Where can I see all the entries?

It's here. Sorry for the slight delay.

Just saw the voting thread.

You people do realise you're a bunch of sadists, don't you?

Five points only?

Well, this might take a while.

I've narrowed it down to 18 in the first go, and to 11 in the second go (with a lot of pain).

Six more to go... :hmpf_bad:

Excuse me, but where is my entry?

Sorry, despite double-checking everything, it seems I missed it.

Entry 58. Central Square is now added to the list of entries. Should anyone who already voted wish to change his/her vote because of this, this is of course allowed (in that case, simply edit your vote).