brunojj1

[MOC] BMW M4 DTM 1:10 racecar with PF

Hmm, after reading the post from Blackbird.... I am still undecided, if i should build this model with "only" 2 XL Motors, 2 Battery Boxes, 2 Receivers and lights.

Is there a "real" power loss?

You can always go back and add more motors later. Brunojj's Ferrari uses 2XL motors and works great.

Thanks to Jaap who now also made the stickers for the black "BMW Bank" version, so everything is complete now.

They can be ordered at his design studio: http://www.jaaptechnic.com/p/2d-3d-design.html

800x566.jpg

Side note: this is a service provided from Jaap and I personally don´t earn a single penny from this. Jaap is not a profit oriented business company and the reasonable prices cover just the high costs for machinery equipment and material.

Thanks for promoting this Brunojj1!

My work is done at this point. It was a pleasure designing these sheets!

Anyone interested in this nice BMW can now complete their build with some high quality stickers just like official LEGO sets.

Keep on building :wink:

I really enjoy MOC models and these two are my favorite, thank you Bruno for both models :wink:

Edited by Enricott666

Hello Everybody ,

Just finished this great model.

It was at verry nice to build this RC Car , the quality from the building instruktions are great ,Thank's for Sharing .

Also the stickers deignd by Jaap Technic are from exellent quality .

The model i build are with the 4 XL motor's ,i used 2 battery box with AAA batteries and as discribed at the begin af this topic ,the battery box is going into safety when you are driving .

Is this problem solved when i use 2 recharchibale battery box from Lego ???.

(Sorry for bad english)

Here some pictures

DSC_0095_zps862urkhy.jpg

DSC_0094_zpskmj30vq8.jpg

DSC_0093_zpspeo6dacd.jpg

DSC_0096_zpsr4838vkv.jpg

Hello Everybody ,

Just finished this great model.

It was at verry nice to build this RC Car , the quality from the building instruktions are great ,Thank's for Sharing .

Also the stickers deignd by Jaap Technic are from exellent quality .

The model i build are with the 4 XL motor's ,i used 2 battery box with AAA batteries and as discribed at the begin af this topic ,the battery box is going into safety when you are driving .

Is this problem solved when i use 2 recharchibale battery box from Lego ???.

Thanks for sharing too! It´s the first time I see the "Shell" version. It seems to me there went something wrong at the front hood. Its edges should be lower and meet the grill behind it. The front lights should go 1 stud outward. If the front tires scrub the lights, use a travel limiter as shown before in this thread.

Regarding the batteries: I think it wouldn´t help to use the (expensive!) rechargeables, even if they save some weight. Even if you would use a third battery for the steering, the problem with the so called PTC termistance engagement would occur anyway. Simple solution: a lower gear reduction behind the differential (instructions: option B).

My Audi DTM is on sale for only 1 Euro :(

1599-times worse model than the BMW.

Thanks for sharing! One is missing, but I don´t mind if you don´t like it :wink:

Hi Bruno! Somebody from Kerpen, Germany offers copy of your BMW on ebay kleinanzeigen for 1599€! I think it's a no-go to make money with other peoples ideas!

https://m.ebay-klein...018315-249-1828

It might be Michael Schumacher´s poor little neighbour who couldn´t get involved into the racing business, so he decided to make his living on selling smaller ones :laugh: ... He will be lucky if to sell it for half of the asked price, IMO.

My Audi DTM is on sale for only 1 Euro :(

1599-times worse model than the BMW.

Really? I´d like to put my bid too, if you would post a link :wink:

Hi Bruno! Somebody from Kerpen, Germany offers copy of your BMW on ebay kleinanzeigen for 1599€! I think it's a no-go to make money with other peoples ideas!

For that price he should have at least bought the stickers.

Thanks for sharing! One is missing, but I don´t mind if you don´t like it :wink:

Now you make me feel bad, I do like the black version, it certainly highlights the cars lines however the $$ for PF components, wheel covers and chrome cups are killing me - maybe one day I shall complete the set.

OMR

PS For Australian AFOL's these shall be on display at BrickExpo Canberra - July, BrisBricks Brisbane - October & Brickvention Melbourne - January

26542500221_40f19f48f3_z.jpgM4 DTM Racing Trio by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Edited by OneMoreRobot

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but this is the best place to ask this question.  I have had the BMW parts and stickers waiting to be built for awhile but was originally waiting for the buwizz which as we all know has been delayed for awhile.  Anyways, I decided to build it when the Mercedes DTM was released and am slowly building it. 

I noticed an issue with the "M Power" sticker; it seems way too big.  I am building the Yellow version if that matters.  It looks like the sticker along with the /// (blue, purple, red) sticker will be partly sitting off the 1x2 beams.  Since it is the end of the sticker, I can't see how this is going to work.

Can someone post close up pics of the back so I can see how it has been done please?

Thanks,