FiliusRucilo

[MOC] Schrippenkneter's Bakery

22043778093_40eb46d9d4_c.jpg

Bäckerei Schrippenkneter by Filius Ruclio on Flickr

Best bakery in town!

The corner-building in the Bricksuferstrasse is owned by Schrippenkneter's since 1852. Schrippenkneter cultivates baking tradition since then. Today Alois and his trainee Tim supply Snottingen with freshly baked croissants and so on. (As every day!) While in the second floor baking is ongoing Alois' wife Alice sells the daily production in the first floor parlor. In the third floor Karl Schrippenkneter is enjoying his retierement. Today the chimney sweep is doing his job on the rooftop.

Schrippenkneter's backery is a modular building with nearly 3430 parts and was build between may and october 2015.

I used SNOT building techniques for the facade and the roof.

All pictures on Flickr

22676222591_357e97100c_c.jpg

Mjam! by Filius Rucilo on Flickr

22477175440_21c3c1ced4_c.jpg

Alois with cake by Filius Rucilo on Flickr

22043946613_12977a5bf8_c.jpg

Parlor by Filius Rucilo on Flickr

22477215880_dd06e0d6a4_c.jpg

Chim chiminey... by Filius Rucilo on Flickr

Wow this fantastic, both inside and out. I am really drawn to all the baked goods and the counter, that set up is perfect.

I blogged it already, and I really need to comment it here as well. Although it might look too much black and white, it's really packed with details on the facade. The tiles create a nice and subtle effect, the roof has an interesting texture, and the style of the corner building with the corner sticking out from the rest of the build in higher floors, gives it a very majestic feel. I'd probably add more support to this corner, to help the structure. The interiors is agreat as well. There's lots of inspirational details, like the bakery stand on wheels, or the green table in the top floor (I'd prefer a clear one - it's on my wish list now thanks to you!). Well done!

This build is just so well done that i cant even believe it.

First of all the tiled facade, the decals are excellent and fits the build to perfection.

Then there is the interior which is just beyond amazing.

It really looks like everything just fits each other.

Stunning MOC i must say.

I soooo love it !! :wub: :wub:

Edited by KlodsBrik

Great building, love pretty much every detail. Nice texture on the facade with the tiles, and nice design overall. Interiors are great too, very spacious feel throughout!

The only thing that would make this even more perfect in my books would be dormer windows in the roof instead of the skylights. I'd guess you aimed for the top floor to look retrofitted, and you did a nice job on that, but I guess I just prefer purer designs.

Still, this is easily one of the best modular MOCs I've seen lately, very clean and neat build, nothing really stands out negatively or clashes.

This is just beautiful. It's definitely on of the best modulars I've seen in a long time, and there are a lot of them around! At first glance, the window sills and the grille tiles used on the roof catch my eye, as well as the section with round tiles on the pavement in front of the main entrance. And the tower itself, of course. And the base really sets it apart. So well done.

Now I'm off to Flickr to drool some more :)

How could I not like this? Especially the baker of course :wink: . But also the cleanliness of the design (which doesn't need dormer windows) and the overall use of tiles.

Amazing building, I love the exterior walls on the top stories, interesting technique which I don't believe I have seen before! And the roof technique is very good too!

Fantastic build all 'round :laugh: happy building

A very well-crafted creation, inside and out.

Nice details and a great house design.

I particularly like the tiled walls and the grilled roofs.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Very lovely building. What I really like is the clean, yet detailed facade. It is not too packed with details, but it is still interesting to look at.

EDIT: I agree with Redhead1982 that the corner needs some more support - it looks too... "flying" - if you understand me... :blush:

Edited by laka

Well done. I like the snot work used for the white tiles. I wanted to do something similar for my Weasley Wizarding Wheezes building with purple, but I don't think they make purple 1x1 tiles. But this confirms how well it would look.

As far as white, this is one of the few times I have liked a white modular. It doesn't seem overused and the other colors complement it well.

How do you make your graphics?