1980-Something-Space-Guy

The future of Back to the Future

Well Jurasic World theme is going to have T-rex Breakout (18+) set and it’s a minifigure scale. And it has two Ford Exploerers. It’s an perfect example why I prefer a minifigure-scale DeLorean set over a large version with no minifigure included. 

I'd love if they did some of those diorama-type sets for each BTTF movie, but I can't really come up with many good scenes for BTTF 2. 

For the first movie, the 1955 clocktower + wire  over the road + DeLorean traveling back to 1985 is would be perfect.  I'm not sure what quote they'd use, maybe "See you in about 30 years" would be good.  While "Roads...where we're going, we don't need...roads" is more quoted, I don't know if that diorama would be as exciting, since it'd basically just be the flying DeLorean plus some house.

For the third movie, I would definitely do the unfinished bridge with the train plus DeLorean on rails, along with Doc, Marty, and Clara.  Maybe the quote is "It's a science experiment!" because I don't really know what other quotes there are from that scene.

If I had to pick one from the second movie, the Hoverboard chase is probably the most famous scene, but I don't know if there's a good enough quote.  The other one I could think of is the chase scene with Biff and the flying DeLorean, so then you'd get all three variations of the time machine.  

Just spitballing here.

14 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'd love if they did some of those diorama-type sets for each BTTF movie, but I can't really come up with many good scenes for BTTF 2. 

For the first movie, the 1955 clocktower + wire  over the road + DeLorean traveling back to 1985 is would be perfect.  I'm not sure what quote they'd use, maybe "See you in about 30 years" would be good.  While "Roads...where we're going, we don't need...roads" is more quoted, I don't know if that diorama would be as exciting, since it'd basically just be the flying DeLorean plus some house.

For the third movie, I would definitely do the unfinished bridge with the train plus DeLorean on rails, along with Doc, Marty, and Clara.  Maybe the quote is "It's a science experiment!" because I don't really know what other quotes there are from that scene.

If I had to pick one from the second movie, the Hoverboard chase is probably the most famous scene, but I don't know if there's a good enough quote.  The other one I could think of is the chase scene with Biff and the flying DeLorean, so then you'd get all three variations of the time machine.  

Just spitballing here.

I love your ideas! I would pick the first and third movies over the second one.

On 2/12/2022 at 6:19 PM, Kit Figsto said:

Just spitballing here.

For the hoverboard scene, they could do:

"I need to borrow your... hoverboard?" - Marty McFly

"There is something very familiar about all of this" - Biff Tannen

"Hey McFly, you bojo! Those boards don't work on water!" - Data

On 2/12/2022 at 3:43 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well Jurasic World theme is going to have T-rex Breakout (18+) set and it’s a minifigure scale. And it has two Ford Exploerers. It’s an perfect example why I prefer a minifigure-scale DeLorean set over a large version with no minifigure included. 

Yeah hopefully we'll get something at some point. I have been willing to give them my money for years for something like that.

Also, if the rumored date is accurate (April 2022), we might see something soon! Here's hoping!

11 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Also, if the rumored date is accurate (April 2022), we might see something soon! Here's hoping!

Yeah I hope something comes out soon! sets that are coming out later then the DeLorean (Mandalorian n1 starfighter) have been leaked/revealed, but they haven't been large creator expert sets... if I remember correctly the Ecto-1 was leaked around two weeks before it was officially released, so if the DeLorean is on a similar time schedule we have around a month to wait...

On 2/15/2022 at 1:12 AM, TheKingPorg said:

Yeah I hope something comes out soon! sets that are coming out later then the DeLorean (Mandalorian n1 starfighter) have been leaked/revealed, but they haven't been large creator expert sets... if I remember correctly the Ecto-1 was leaked around two weeks before it was officially released, so if the DeLorean is on a similar time schedule we have around a month to wait...

With April 1st coming up, I think I'll be glued to Lego news channels these days. :laugh:

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

New details have emerged, coming from Stonewars. The part count will be above 1,800 pieces, and a light brick will be included for the flux capacitor! We should expect the scale to be similar to the UCS Ghostbusters car.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-back-to-the-future-delorean-dmc-12-10300-new-rumors/

Ooh cool! Hopefully we’ll get some leaks or a reveal soon!

According to PromoBricks, we'll finally get Marty and Doc minifigs from BTTF Part II with this set! Also all 3 variants of the DeLorean are buildable, light brick for the Flux Capacitor (as stated before), doors and hood can be opened, and it includes Marty's hoverboard, a second license plate, a plutonium box, a banana, and a beer can.

I am so excited for this! Finally, BTTF Part II figures!!!!

Edit: PromoBricks says we should expect the official reveal soon!

Edited by BrickHat

24 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

According to PromoBricks, we'll finally get Marty and Doc minifigs from BTTF Part II with this set! Also all 3 variants of the DeLorean are buildable, light brick for the Flux Capacitor (as stated before), doors and hood can be opened, and it includes Marty's hoverboard, a second license plate, a plutonium box, a banana, and a beer can.

I am so excited for this! Finally, BTTF Part II figures!!!!

Edit: PromoBricks says we should expect the official reveal soon!

Reveal is at 10AM tomorrow :)

24 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Reveal is at 10AM tomorrow :)

Where did you hear this? I didn’t see anything about it on promobricks

9 minutes ago, TheKingPorg said:

Where did you hear this? I didn’t see anything about it on promobricks

There are a few reputable sources with countdowns on their instagrams for the reveal. :)

Just now, NoOneOfImportance said:

There are a few reputable sources with countdowns on their instagrams for the reveal. :)

Oh ok thanks!

I don’t really collect vehicles at this scale so I hope that Marty and Doc don’t go for a crazy amount on Bricklink… which they probably will anyway.

What really sucks is that this set is only $20 more than what I paid for the original Ideas Delorean on eBay over quarantine. I heavily modified it too, so I probably would have just been better off Bricklinking the figures and some of the pieces. :cry3:

Tangent aside, I hope we get some more minifigure-scaled BTTF stuff too.

It has been revealed!!!

I can't believe we are finally getting 2015 Marty and Doc!!!! I've waited years for this (you can tell by the first date of this topic). I am so happy we are finally getting this!

https://brickset.com/article/73524/bttf-delorean-time-machine-revealed!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/back-to-the-future-time-machine-10300

https://www.lego.com/en-us/lego-delorean-is-back

73524_10300_Box1.jpg

73524_10300_Box2.jpg

73524_10300_Back_04.jpg

Edited by BrickHat

16 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Honestly, I'm very impressed with this set. It came out super well! 

The more I look at it, the more I am impressed by how well they captured the look. Even comparing to Dave Slater's model, which is an excellent benchmark, it looks superior. This is especially sweet considering 8 years ago we got an underwhelming DeLorean. It is quite fitting that it should come back with a bang!

Now if only they gave a smaller GWP version without the major flaws of the original. I guess that is too much to ask. :laugh: I just hope this sells well and we somehow get something like the time train, which could also give us Marty and Doc in their 1885 attire and complete the minifig lineup.

Just now, PGBQW said:

On a totally unrelated note, any of you fellas has 510€ to spare? :grin:

Ooof, yeah, it would be nice and expensive to have all three versions side to side. You're lucky they didn't make the version with the train wheels as well, or you'd need a bigger budget! :laugh: