Sign in to follow this  
anothergol

Poe's X-Wing, canopy comparison

For those who are interested, here's the difference between the good & the bad canopy for Poe's X-Wing, as Lego just mailed me the working one.

I was suspecting the problem was that the glass wasn't cut short enough, but no, it's clearly the handle that's going downwards, for the wrong one. Weird.

XWingCanopy.jpg

Thanks, that is useful. It looks more like the handle is straight on the faulty one when it should curve up slightly.

Edit: Sorry, I got them the wrong way around, the one on the right is the good one.

Buying these on Bricklink and other places is going to be annoying as there will be no way of telling whether you will get a good one until it arrives.

Edited by TheBear

I have the straight one, but it closes almost completely. There's a hair thin gap.

Yeah, the straight one is the working one.

Oops... I put in for a replacement on the LEGO website. I guess I'll have an extra one then.

Edited by JPN366

The mold number has to be checked. (It is inside of the canopy, on the top, below the studs.) The ones with the number 3-01 are surely correct.

Oops... I put in for a replacement on the LEGO website. I guess I'll have an extra one then.

but you haven't tried it first?

The mold number has to be checked. (It is inside of the canopy, on the top, below the studs.) The ones with the number 3-01 are surely correct.

it's not gonna help, both good & bad say 2-01 here :)

anyway it was just for information about the difference, but those who got the wrong one will immediately notice it, it's not closing by over half a cm. I can imagine BL sellers willing to spot the wrong ones without assembling, the angle of the handle will tell.

You should specify in your first post which cockpit is which. It's clearly not obvious, as we can see from some of the comments here. So, left is bad and right is good?