Sign in to follow this  
BrickOn

MOC My first modular house

So I bought the Palace Cinema last weekend and as I built it I slowly became more hooked and wanted more. My next purchase will be the Parisian Restaurant (but I am trying to cut back on Lego), so until then I needed a fix and decided to MOC a house to go on the street.

22663251732_3236a4e997_z.jpgMy first Modular MOC, on Flickr

It took all my available useful bricks and as I got to the first floor I realised I would need to dismantle something to continue and so the Toyshop creator set came apart (but as you can see I liked some of its features so decided to keep them in the build).

Originally the house went right to the back of the baseplate, but then I literally did run out of bricks (in anything other than primary colours) so I resized to make a backyard area at the rear.

22663237912_cdb7311a01_z.jpgView from behind, on Flickr

I wanted to include an interior but was running low on inspiration at this point so the current occupant lives a very spartan life and had a perchance for black.

22663207952_ab1a7fd794_z.jpgGround floor, on Flickr

22663198482_a24e95ecca_z.jpgGround floor interior, on Flickr

And the upstairs is even more bare...

22488832350_ac15587215_z.jpgFirst floor, on Flickr

The building was designed to go next to the Cinema and so I wanted the build to blend with the building, but also be a little different to keep the street interesting (the street will be growing).

22687908261_928ed57fa0_z.jpgAnd so my street begins, on Flickr

Finally this was all done with my existing bricks, and I want to put an order in to get some more bricks to finish the build off properly, I will definitely be ordering some tiles to finish off the edges and some plain white bricks (the final part of the building was built with white plates and 1x1 bricks). I'll also improve the bathroom. Any comments and suggestions for improvement will be really useful because I can add the stuff to my next order! Cheers :-)

Edited by BrickOn

Pretty cool.. Would like to do my own MOC just not creative enough to make one on my own.. Maybe will try a "green grocer" or a "cafe corner" since I don't have these 2 sets..

Pretty cool.. Would like to do my own MOC just not creative enough to make one on my own.. Maybe will try a "green grocer" or a "cafe corner" since I don't have these 2 sets..

Thanks, I am not sure my creativity is up to speed yet, but I wanted the practice! I definitely want to revisit the older designs and have a go at making them too, thinking it's a good way to learn the techniques... But I was impatient and just wanted something I could build, physically in front of me without ordering anything :-)