SimonJC

Stony Forest Taven

Lovely is the word I'd use too, so yeah a lovely tavern build, I always enjoy seeing builds like these :wub:

This looks great! I really like the variation in wood, the detail in the stone on the structure, and all of the plants. The rocks it is built on also look really nice, as does the tree with the vine, and the mossy details leading up to the roof.

I would also love to see the interior.

Nice work!

Lovely is a good word indeed! Nice woodwork, nice stonework, nice landscaping--sweet stuff here. :thumbup:

Awesome tavern! I love the "creeper" plant (don't know is the word "creeper" is correct) climbing to the roof. I would definitily stop for tea or a great jar of beer!

Very pretty building and it's set off nicely by the landscape :thumbup:

I like how you used a porch, and small addition to break up what could have been a simple rectangle layout :classic:

Thanks so much for your comments :classic:

Very nicely done! How bout the inside? :laugh:

This looks great! I really like the variation in wood, the detail in the stone on the structure, and all of the plants. The rocks it is built on also look really nice, as does the tree with the vine, and the mossy details leading up to the roof.

I would also love to see the interior.

Nice work!

Unfortunately i didn't take photos as I built this MOC, but I used the same technique as previously, using a mixture of bricks and tiles to allow the walls to recess behind the studs at the corners:

22751819581_7dbfc11bf6_z.jpgwall technique by simon crocker, on Flickr

22740611935_6b0885f39a_z.jpgwall technique by simon crocker, on Flickr

Edited by SimonJC

Great Tavern,it looks really comfortable:-)

I like the overall way of building, it looks clean and has a classic feel, but shows great techniques as well.

Keep it up!

Lovely and clean build Simon, excellent Tudoring and incorporation of the shield of on the top, and the landscape and balcony are superb as well!

Really nice! I especially like how you did that recessing around the corners of the woodwork and how you did the windows. Excellent!