Murdoch17

Adventurers - Johnny Thunder's office and car - real life MOC

(I have put the older pictures of the previous model in the spoiler tag below. This way, you can compare the models of the building and car.)

This Adventurers model was inspired by my original Johnny Thunder office building from 2015. I modified it into a corner building with a tower like in set 10255 (assembly square).The building is modular, and comes apart into three sections: roof, second floor and main floor. This model is my actually second tallest creation, as it's shorter than Sam Sinister's Mansion and only slightly taller than my Saloon.

32866572570_c63100c5ba_z.jpg

Here you can see Johnny Thunder and his car (the aptly-named "Treasure Raider") outside the building.

33121183801_090bdfe787_z.jpg

The rear of the building is blank, as it it would be sandwiched next to other buildings. The vent on the roof leads from the stove on the second floor.

33121183871_3f68c5d030_z.jpg

The lower floor features a cabinet from set 10228 (Haunted House) and a 1920's style ivory phone borrowed from set 10218 (Pet Shop). A hat rack (also from the Pet Shop set) is next to the wall opposite the desk.

The far wall features some treasure from Johnny and his friends many adventurers, such as the Golden Shield from "Orient Expedition", a T-Rex tooth from "Dino Island", a trident from the "Quest for Atlantis", the replica hammer of the Thunder god from the "Age of Ragnarok", the helmet of a dwarf from "Middle Zealand", and many others artifacts.

32866572680_2ca0384910_z.jpg

The upper floor features Johnny's bed, a stove, table with root beer bottle, and a radio / record player.

33121182841_f83fca5305_z.jpg

This model was inspired by the tan car in set 7628 (Shanghai Chase) from the Indiana Jones them. The car now features a hard-top roof instead of the original fabric one, with one section of the roof being removable to allow for two figures to be seated inside plus a rear-mounted spare tire.

32866571450_65895f1fbf_z.jpg

The model also has a rear-mounted spare tire, located right next to the taillights.

33121183001_28b39d8e19_z.jpg

The inside of the car seats two figures side-by-side.

Spoiler

This model was originally inspired by the bank building in set 6484. (Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase) It features two removable sections and plenty of interior details.

22634758322_f987a8008c_z.jpg

The roof section was inspired by Eurobricks / Flickr user "Kristal" for the roof top decorations technique. Here is her wonderful blog from where I got the rooftop idea: http://modularsbykristel.com/

22648301875_aa8f385efb_z.jpg

The lower floor features a cabinet from set 10228 (Haunted House) and a 1920's style ivory-and-gold phone borrowed from set 10218 (Pet Shop). It also features a hat rack, desk with lamp, two chairs, and a steam heat vent, since Central Heating hadn't been perfected yet by the 1890's when the building was built. (sorry for the blurry photo, these were all taken with my cell phone)

22659509181_6e9242b6dd_z.jpg

The upper floor features Johnny's bed, a stove, and table with root beer bottle.

22025530114_057ed14e31_z.jpg

The rear of the building is kinda plain, but it mirrors the front half's styling well.

22634762222_e19c84fded_z.jpg

This vehicle is for Johnny Thunder and features a spare tire, and head & tail lights, plus a good old adventurer favorite: the classic two seat piece from way back in 1998 and last used in 2013.

22027159093_249a2ccb38_z.jpg

The rear features a sloped trunk, which is way better than the open platform of the original Indiana Jones set I was inspired by: 7622 (Race for the Stolen Treasure).

3/4/17 Major update complete:

I added new pictures of the updated house and car, plus i put the older models into a spoiler tag for you to compare between old and new.

Comments, Questions and Complaints are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

Very old fashioned, while using modern building techniques.

Nice creation!

Edited by gamejutzu

Very old fashioned, while using modern building techniques.

Nice creation!

Thanks, the black parts on the building are supposed to be represent cast iron.

, that car is amazing!!!

Thank you! The car came first and was the inspiration for the building's style.

Impressive! I have to say, my favorite detail is the phone--I know the design isn't yours, but making it an ivory and gold phone was brilliant.

sorry for the major bump, but I'm in the middle of redesigning Johnny's office and car.

32825333960_65ddfcbb73_z.jpg

As you can see, I'm still waiting on one order to finish up the building's roof and corner door.

On 12/8/2015 at 8:51 PM, Tea Weevil said:

Impressive! I have to say, my favorite detail is the phone--I know the design isn't yours, but making it an ivory and gold phone was brilliant.

Thank you, and sorry for the late reply.!

32866571100_ec2190f4cb_z.jpg

First post updated with both the new models, and the two older ones were put into a spolier tag. I hope you enjoy them!