Ngoc Nguyen

Vehicles or Construction Equipment which never appeared as Technic

I've got some interesting ideas, and some of these could be pretty good.

Trencher and Terrain Leveler:

086e800.jpg

085e800.jpg

The things are beastly, and if designed well one could pick up bricks or other parts with them.

Giant Motor Grader

55264c800.jpg

I think that kids would like driving such a thing around.

Boom Lift:

719f800.jpg

This would be a great pneumatics set, and interesting to look at.

Road roller.

04_1031a800.jpg

This would be a perfect entry level set. It only really has steering, but a small set only need that and a bit more.

Final Salvo:

Surface miner

874a800.jpg

A massive vehicle, with lots of features, but a small enough amount to be fully remote control, and could be used to pick up bricks. I think people would just love to see it cut a swath though a pile of bricks, and dump them into a truck.

I mean, yes, Lego has a primary demographic, but I think every once in a while they could make something a bit more out there, for us loyal adult fans.

I am not sure those will sell as well as the usual LEGO vehicle sets. I made road work equipments for my entry to the Triple contest a couple of years ago and didn't get many votes. :laugh:

Edited by dr_spock

I am not sure those will sell as well as the usual LEGO vehicle sets.

Agree, but I am in for the grader...!!! :thumbup::wub::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

I would like to see some more of maritime Industrie - some more vessels, maybe some engine - having an 2 stroke diesel engine in mind e.g. MAN 12K98MC type.

AHT, Survey vessel, ROV (i know there was an submarine before- long time ago), container vessel, small pleasure craft......

And yes I think it is possible in studless building - even if its a little bit more difficult.

While I too would love to see 'interesting' machines with unique mechanisms be made in Lego, I highly doubt TLG will extend too much beyond the typical offerings. My argument? Well, most TLG vehicles are those most of us (especially young kids) have seen working outside, or can relate to. CAT has a large number of mining machines (check their website) and I doubt any of us has seen those in real life. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

It would be great if LEGO starts to design more "futuristic-looking" sets, something like an spider crane, a swing loader, an scraper, and maybe those concept volvo machines, like the centaur or the gryphin, these two would be very nice with the pneumatics V2.

image 1

image 2

Edited by Jim
Images too big

It would be great if LEGO starts to design more "futuristic-looking" sets, something like an spider crane, a swing loader, an scraper, and maybe those concept volvo machines, like the centaur or the gryphin, these two would be very nice with the pneumatics V2.

Your images are way too big. Please embed images with a max width of 1024 pixels. Thanks!

I think that soon Lego will have to make models based on new vehicles; they just can't do old vehicles forever? For example, next year a bucket wheel excavator and a wheel excavator will make their debut (as far as I know those two have never appeared as Technic models before).

EDIT: Wheel excavator already appeared.

So what else can debut in the future? I can think of:

- Waste truck

- Steamroller

- Cement truck

- Mine dump truck

We already have mine dump truck http://brickset.com/...ing-Truck also some kind of waste truck http://brickset.com/...code-Multi-Set.

I would like to see steam locomotive powered by pneumatic parts.

Edited by Ondra

I would love to see a quint fire engine perhaps fully RC driving, ladder control and if they feel whimsical, they could include a working waterpump.

I've got some interesting ideas, and some of these could be pretty good.

Trencher and Terrain Leveler:

086e800.jpg

Lol.....I can actually see lots of kids wanting this. But not necessarily for its intended use. I can see this thing REALLY doing a number on the bad guys if playing in a genre like Legends of Chima, Star Wars, Rock Raiders, LOTR, etc..... :laugh: :laugh:

Lol.....I can actually see lots of kids wanting this. But not necessarily for its intended use. I can see this thing REALLY doing a number on the bad guys if playing in a genre like Legends of Chima, Star Wars, Rock Raiders, LOTR, etc..... :laugh: :laugh:

The upcoming BuWeEx can be used for that purpose also.

Anything can be used for the said purpose. but I think, in the eyes of children, some models, like the one I was referring to, are more amenable for that kind of play than others

Am I missing something? what's wrong with non-vehicle stuff? A clock for instance.

What's wrong with what you mentioned?

bus??

C&H+Mom-2gif.gif

Yea.... I don't think that would work really well for kids and teens. :laugh: :laugh:

Also, and perhaps the OP can chime in here.... but I am not sure we should be including B models in here. I don't have any official data or information here.... but I think that considerable more time, resources, and energy are dedicated to A models rather than B models. So, if something appears as a B model, that begs the question of what the set would look like if it were an A model rather than a B model. Yes, I get it, that there are some models where the B model is better looking than the A, but I think that is an exception to the rule, rather than the rule.

Anytime that you are restricted by piece count and type, you are going to get a more compromised build (rule of thumb, but with exceptions). And although certainly there are some restrictions placed on what TLG will produce in terms of A models (we will never see a 10,000 piece Technic model from TLG) B models certainly have much more restrictions placed on them in terms of part count and variety than A models.

I echo the want for a Grader. I would also like to see a Scraper that is better than some of those old B models. I would love to see some boat; think of the functions that could be included on a fishing boat or something.

I am a sucker for Fellers and Garbage Trucks. I would love to see them. I am a little baffled we have not see a Garbage Truck before, they are often made into children's toys. I wonder why we have not see them in a Technic line before.

I echo the want for a Grader. I would also like to see a Scraper that is better than some of those old B models. I would love to see some boat; think of the functions that could be included on a fishing boat or something.

I am a sucker for Fellers and Garbage Trucks. I would love to see them. I am a little baffled we have not see a Garbage Truck before, they are often made into children's toys. I wonder why we have not see them in a Technic line before.

Yep I don't understand why a Garbage Truck has not appeared in Technic either. It is easily recognizable and can include 4-5 functions with LAs or Pneumatics. Perhaps it will appear in 2017 or 2018.

I don't thin the 8479 Barcode Set can qualify as a Garbage Truck. To me it is more about showing the barcode set than showing a realistic, functional model. That front garbage truck doesn't have a bin to begin with.

Besides, there are 2 kinds of garbage truck. One that pick up the bin with front claw, and one that take in garbage from the back. The 8479 model is based on the front garbage truck. The latter kind has never appeared.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Depends on your interpretation of a garbage truck. The 42024 is a garbage truck - no-one delivers new stuff in skips. I think you're probably talking about self compacting style garbage trucks, but they're all very different as well (rear, top or side load, automated or with work crews) and many countries in the world still use plain tippers as garbage trucks, in which case new 42043 is a rather hefty example, but could also include the unimog, the old 8848 or even the teeny 8065.

Regarding the 8479 not having a 'bin', used tyres are garbage and the truck is designed to pick them up. In a real sense, that same type of vehicle doesn't come with bins either - they're provided by another party.

Unless of course your imagination extends to a wheel being a bin, in which case you're home and hosed. :wink:

Other ideas:

Zamboni

vertical boring machines (post hole borers, corers etc)

and there's a lot of weird farming machinery out there:

harvester2.jpg

and I know they don't do military, but what about a stair climber?

http://www.strangevehicles.com/images/content/188635.jpg

188635.jpg

After all these years, we still haven't seen this:

kraan2.jpg

And I know this question has been asked many times on various forums, because I always answer this :)

And that's the reason why you did it on your own... :) Interesting mobile crane... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars