BirdOPrey5

Some Rude Moderators?

On 7/16/2017 at 10:19 PM, Artanis I said:

This is a site for adults, and a lot of people here don't act like them.

Because a lot of said people are not adults (a quick search of these members' Flickr pages reveals this) and it really shows in their comments on this site.

That is often my suspicion, but when I was @18-20 I was a lot less mature than now, so you can't always be certain that someone's under age. Perception of maturity is often relative.

Edited by Artanis I

15 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

After reading this last couple of pages, out of curiosity (sorry if out of context) what are chambers? 

The chamber is your timeout room when you've been naughty. (Here on Eurobricks, the moderators don't see you when your sleeping or when your awake. But they know when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake! :wink:). Once there, a moderator will discuss with you (in private) the subject matter at hand. While in the chamber you are not allowed to look at the other topics in the chamber forum, and you also are not able to visit the regular forums (while signed in that is, meaning you cannot post on the regular forums). 

Once the matter has been discussed and (assuming) resolved, you'll be released hopefully with a better understanding of the rules and no need for another visit to the chamber. Hope this was helpful.

Cheers.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan
Added more content.

OK I am going to bitch about something, about this thread. 

Now I post a link to picture for a set (75201 AT-ST) from Brickset. And then respond to comment. Now in my head I thought I was being helpful. But today I got an E-mail stating "I got a permanent Waring that will never ever go away" from @Stash2Sixx . Now I know they have problems in the past as stuff got out of hand... 

Now my point is why even have threads like this even open? Shouldn't they just be locked up. Plus, it was not like I posted in this thread yesterday it was up for at least a couple of day (maybe a week) before it "disappeared". It just makes me question what could be going on. If they did not like the link, I figured Brickset has a similar policy for pictures as Eurobricks has so it would be OK. 

For someone who occasionally looks in the Star Wars section it does make me wonder if I would want to come back their. And I feel like the "never ever going away warning" is a little to much especially for a first time. A "simple warning that could go away" might seem more reasonable. 

OK, I think I am done crying now... 

You could address this issue privately you know, after all it is about an action by you and us (staff) responding to said action?  But if you want to address it in public, so be it.

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

OK I am going to bitch about something, about this thread. 

*link to thread*

Now I post a link to picture for a set (75201 AT-ST) from Brickset. And then respond to comment. Now in my head I thought I was being helpful. But today I got an E-mail stating "I got a permanent Waring that will never ever go away" from @Stash2Sixx . Now I know they have problems in the past as stuff got out of hand... 

There are two threads; one for news and one for discussion.  Correct?  You posted info, which is fine.  That's what the news thread is there for, posting news.  But it is not for commenting.  Comments are discussion and the discussion can be done in the discussion thread.  I believe we worked to make that abundantly clear when we opened these two threads up a while back.  This was due to many of the problems we had with members complaining that they were getting tons of worthless alerts  about news which weren't news at all.  And yes, it did get out of hand...but as you state you were aware of that.

Now my point is why even have threads like this even open? Shouldn't they just be locked up. Plus, it was not like I posted in this thread yesterday it was up for at least a couple of day (maybe a week) before it "disappeared". It just makes me question what could be going on. If they did not like the link, I figured Brickset has a similar policy for pictures as Eurobricks has so it would be OK. 

I keep these posts open as this is an adult website and I would expect our members to be mature enough to follow the rules.  I do not have the time to always go through all of the websites to look for sneaky info about new items that are coming out next year.  I thought my info on the new UCS Falcon was pretty good, so if I have it, I share it.  That being said, mistakes can, and will, be made.  Because of that, you were given a warning due to having a discussion in the thread where there are to be no discussions.  You did what was not supposed to be done in that thread, discuss.  In fact, let's look at the warning you were given shall we;

"The SW 2018 News Thread is for news.  Solid news.  It is not for your thoughts, feelings, critique, or possible info on upcoming sets.  This has been stated before and you have chosen to ignore it so I am giving you a warning.  If you have comments about upcoming sets, please post those in the 2018 SW discussion thread, not in the news thread.  Thank you."

Due to the sheer size of our member base, I don't have the ability to remember all of the little things that members do so we have a note system.  It helps us keep track of things as staff.  I will apologize, I am sorry, as that picture post was not the intended post I wanted to give a warning to.  You don't know if the set is a TRU Exclusive and that could have been left out, but as it was with the picture, I was ok with that.  The following post a week later is the one I had issue with, about the 'limited ' status that you got from Brickset?  They aren't always right, might not be the best place to get info as they get info from regular people like us as well as those looking for their fifteen minutes of spoiler/leaked info fame.

As you also felt my untimely response was not up to par with your standards, no problem.  Your opinion is just that, your opinion.  I have a life outside of Eurobricks.  I keep busy, am active, have a social life, and was not able to comb through all of the threads here on Eurobricks.  When I had a chance to sit down and go through things, I found your comment, along with a few others.  All of those people were warned equally.  In fact, one of them actually had a quick visit to the chamber.  We spoke, cleared it up like adults, and the member was let out and we all moved on.

For someone who occasionally looks in the Star Wars section it does make me wonder if I would want to come back their. And I feel like the "never ever going away warning" is a little to much especially for a first time. A "simple warning that could go away" might seem more reasonable. 

You don't want to return there, then don't return.  That is entirely your choice.

As for the warning, it's a warning or no warning.  You defied the rules, you were called on it, it was noted.  I was actually polite enough to let you know about why you got the warning.  That's not something we have to do.  But I figured if I told you what was wrong, then you might look at it and go "Yeah, maybe I didn't need to post things that weren't solid news and make a comment, because I can see a few other people decided to make random comments as well."

And so we are where we are.

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

OK, I think I am done crying now... 

If you're not done crying, let me know and I will be happy to discuss this further.  I hope this clears things up.  I'm not out to destroy people's lives on Eurobricks, no matter what some of you may think.  I enjoy the content, the info, and the interactions with members (online and in the real world.  I'm here to have fun, keep a little order, and do my best to accommodate all.

12 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

You could address this issue privately you know, after all it is about an action by you and us (staff) responding to said action?  But if you want to address it in public, so be it.

In fact, let's look at the warning you were given shall we;"The SW 2018 News Thread is for news.  Solid news.  It is not for your thoughts, feelings, critique, or possible info on upcoming sets.  This has been stated before and you have chosen to ignore it so I am giving you a warning.  If you have comments about upcoming sets, please post those in the 2018 SW discussion thread, not in the news thread.  Thank you."

Due to the sheer size of our member base, I don't have the ability to remember all of the little things that members do so we have a note system.  It helps us keep track of things as staff.  I will apologize, I am sorry, as that picture post was not the intended post I wanted to give a warning to.  You don't know if the set is a TRU Exclusive and that could have been left out, but as it was with the picture, I was ok with that.  The following post a week later is the one I had issue with, about the 'limited ' status that you got from Brickset?  They aren't always right, might not be the best place to get info as they get info from regular people like us as well as those looking for their fifteen minutes of spoiler/leaked info fame.

As you also felt my untimely response was not up to par with your standards, no problem.  Your opinion is just that, your opinion.  I have a life outside of Eurobricks.  I keep busy, am active, have a social life, and was not able to comb through all of the threads here on Eurobricks.  When I had a chance to sit down and go through things, I found your comment, along with a few others.  All of those people were warned equally.  In fact, one of them actually had a quick visit to the chamber.  We spoke, cleared it up like adults, and the member was let out and we all moved on.

You don't want to return there, then don't return.  That is entirely your choice.

As for the warning, it's a warning or no warning.  You defied the rules, you were called on it, it was noted.  I was actually polite enough to let you know about why you got the warning.  That's not something we have to do.  But I figured if I told you what was wrong, then you might look at it and go "Yeah, maybe I didn't need to post things that weren't solid news and make a comment, because I can see a few other people decided to make random comments as well."

If you're not done crying, let me know and I will be happy to discuss this further.  I hope this clears things up.  I'm not out to destroy people's lives on Eurobricks, no matter what some of you may think.  I enjoy the content, the info, and the interactions with members (online and in the real world.  I'm here to have fun, keep a little order, and do my best to accommodate all.

I personally like to be open and not accused of hiding something. Plus some of my complaint (to me) seems like a general, why is this like this. And partly asking for some sort of trouble (in my head). 

To me this warning I got from the E-mail comes off as a "copy and past" notice that everyone gets. 

This next part tells me what you did not like happened. 

As for the timing of the warning, I will blame G-MAIL for the poor speed. I got the notice yesterday and apparently it was sent out "the 26th". 

As returning I had similar feeling before. Let's face it how many things can you say about "the 600th X-Wing" model around. It is like: It is special because I made it. That and the fact the last movie seems so decisive. I think I am going to try to avoid Star Wars in general for awhile. Who would thought it gets as bad as politics. 

If their is only one type of "warning"...I did not know that. Frankly I would not care if I got "30 warnings" but I probably would not even be here if I some how got that many. 

We all get into moods and my seems to turn dark. For what ever whatever added reasons. Not that that I think you were singling me out. I guess you just happened to be the face of it all. 

Just now, samurai-turtle said:

"said stuff"

I totally understand.  I can respect the being open about things.  I try to treat people equal so if the response felt like a pre-written response...I'm gonna pat myself on the shoulder and say good job.  Good job to me!

The time thing, no problem, looks like you got things later than I thought when reading your response, it happens, it's the internet.

Hopefully, others see this and can learn from what has occurred.  Or not, which I'm sure I'll see them in the near future.

@samurai-turtle, I've got no beef with you, shit happens.  I wouldn't be surprised if we've met before as I'm located outside Chicago.  I get beat up in this thread all the time; I can take it!  Please don't bail on the site because of the SW threads!  If that was the case, our membership on Eurobricks would be really thin!

3 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

@samurai-turtle, I've got no beef with you, shit happens.  I wouldn't be surprised if we've met before as I'm located outside Chicago. 

I get beat up in this thread all the time; I can take it!  Please don't bail on the site because of the SW threads!  If that was the case, our membership on Eurobricks would  be really thin!

I really don't get out of the Fort Wayne area, so I doubt I met anyone here (in real life). And I only went to one Brickworld show in Fort Wayne (and that was a few years ago). 

Just to clear things up. I probably just avoid that part of the site. I get the feeling that I will getting sick of all the complaining that is coming from Star Wars in general (dam crazy Fanboys).