Hello everyone! I'm here on the Action and Adventure forum today to share with you my latest creation: 5935 Island Hopper Redux!

22587215876_5d35de8363_c.jpg5935 Island Hopper redux by Joshua, on Flickr

22624439471_9b964d28af_c.jpg5935 Island Hopper redux flying by Joshua, on Flickr

22425286260_6f7621ae2a_c.jpg5935 Island Hopper redux wheels down by Joshua, on Flickr

22587193126_8cb4baa95e_c.jpg5935 Island Hopper redux interior by Joshua, on Flickr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5935 Island Hopper was one of my favorite sets TLG ever put out. I have many happy memories from my youth of long hours spent lost in the world of Johnny Thunder, and this set was always my favorite to play with, and somehow always made it into every adventure, no matter what environment it was taking place in.

Sadly I no longer have the original set still complete, but recently I came across the instructions, and decided it was time for this to be reborn with new parts and techniques.

All the play features from the original set are there, such as folding wings, and removable roof, but I also added a few of my own, namely retractable landing gear, opening rear hatch,full interior, and working vertical and horizontal stabilizers.

Worth noting is that many of the pieces from the original set were used in the new model.

Hope you all like it! :classic:

Long Live Johnny Thunder!

Cheers,

Joshua

Edited by Sci-FiFleetAdmiral

Oh this brings back great memories. A great rebuild, with a lot of details like the retractable gear and folding wings. And your presentation with the old map wallpaper and Johnny Thunder icon make this perfect. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Gary The Procrastinator

Beautiful Moc-reboot of that set :thumbup:! It's nicely SNOTted, has realistic detailing and even has a good interior, great job!

Nicely done! I love this set and your redux of it is perfect! The added features are great for any adventure Johnny Thunder is going on. :sweet:

Ah, the Island Hopper, one of the many sets on my wishlist from the long-ago.

Love the redux, the presentation and all the rest.

A revival of the adventure is most welcome!

Oh this brings back great memories. A great rebuild, with a lot of details like the retractable gear and folding wings. And your presentation with the old map wallpaper and Johnny Thunder icon make this perfect. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks! :sweet: I'm really glad you like the presentation, I spent a lot of time on it.

Beautiful Moc-reboot of that set :thumbup:! It's nicely SNOTted, has realistic detailing and even has a good interior, great job!

Thank you! I put a lot of effort into making the detailing/interior realistic and believable. :classic:

reminds me of the great PS3 game: Uncharted!

Thanks VLE! :classic:

Nicely done! I love this set and your redux of it is perfect! The added features are great for any adventure Johnny Thunder is going on. :sweet:

Thank you Lady K! They are indeed! :sweet:

Ah, the Island Hopper, one of the many sets on my wishlist from the long-ago.

Love the redux, the presentation and all the rest.

A revival of the adventure is most welcome!

Wow! Thank you Peppermint _M! I am very pleased you like it! :sweet: Be sure to stay tuned for more Adventurers MOCs! :wink:

Cheers,

Joshua

Edited by Sci-FiFleetAdmiral

Not sure how I didn't comment on this the first time I saw it--wonderful remake of a great set! You've managed to capture the spirit of the original despite the more advanced building techniques used. This kind of construction can be difficult (after all, you not only have source material to follow, but you have Lego source material!), but you've done it extremely well. I particularly like how you've used the interior space. Long live Johnny Thunder, indeed!

I like it! Reminds of Ducktales....ooohhh I'm old now hehe. BTW 1x2 clear does come in tile now.

Edited by Rayskull

Wow, nice work! The presentation is perfect and the plane itself is excellent. Too bad its not available as a set. Looks like an adventure awaits. Keep soaring!

Mmmm I love me an Adventurers MOC! A lot of untapped potential. How cool would an Adventurers/Indiana Jones-esque role building game in the vein of SoNE and GoH be? Pretty awesome. Just wonderin out loud.

Edited by Junior Shark

Excellent, lots of technically accurate details (except for the switching of the left and right navigation lights :tongue: although I'm not sure if those were applied to aircraft back then). I bet that if Lego redesigned this set, it wouldn't be anywhere near this cool build.

It's evident there's been a lot of work put into the build and the presentation. I'm hoping you'll keep this up, it's an inspiration for us all!