Chilly_Productions

What was your first lego set?

Walking Astro Grappler! 6882

It was amazing and disappointing at once. The actual 'walking' part wasn't very good - probably the best that could be done with an early-eighties selection of parts but, still, not very good. I spent a lot of time trying to improve on it and failing. At least it taught me to build my own stuff.

30 years later, post-Dark Ages, I built an improved version.

I think it was 661 Spirit of St. Louis (I was a very very little 6ix back then), which is now in bend and broken bits and pieces in a large box of old Lego bricks.

Recently I bought a MISB of set 661, just for nostalgic reasons.

661-1.jpg?201004210201

Edited by 6ix

The Freeco Speeder!

It's a pretty darn cool set. Not only for it's build and parts, but for the accessories as well! I found a chrome lightsaber hilt and a parka hood. And Thi-Sen wasn't bad either!

I had some mixed hand me down bricks, but my first set was 5890, the original Belville House. It was my most wished for, biggest Christmas present the year I got it, and I built, broke it down and rebuilt it, then built something else. Over and over for years. I've still got it with barely a piece missing!

Slightly different experience to everyone else posting here so far!

I had several basic brick tubs, but my first proper set was one of the early Harry Potter sets, with Lucius Malfoy and Dobby (but no Harry, unfortunately).

i believe that my first Lego set was a blue bin full of basic bricks. I still have most of them.

Set 6610 was my first set,

001.jpg

although shortly afterwards, I got a few more small sets, post office, garage, and some space sets.

but 6610 was my first, i still have it, but it's not exactly in mint condition….it got very well played with.

There is no way for me to know. I know I had a lot of mixed bricks that were given to my brother and I, but that was easily over 30 years ago. My first set could have been anything available at the time.

My guess is it was an early 80's City or Space set. I remember having those bricks more than I remember getting those sets. The earliest sets I can remember getting were Castle sets from the 1984 incarnation.

6670 Tow Truck, but I know I have one more older, it was a white airport truck almost like a 4-wheeled crash tender with flip up door for tools and it had at least one minifig with a matching white costume, if someone can provide me with the set number because that was the 6th birthday gift from my parents. Thanks!

My memory is vague: if I don't count a few McDonalds promo things (which I am not sure when I got them) my first Lego set was either 6454-1 Countdown Corner (http://brickset.com/sets/6454-1/Countdown-Corner) or maybe 7140 X-Wing Fighter (http://brickset.com/sets/7140-1/X-wing-Fighter). Although they were sets released in 1999, I want to say I got them as gifts back in 2000 (I have a memory of my Grandma pointing out that the solar panels on Countdown Corner had the number 2000 on them so I could remember the year I got it).

What I do remember clearly was my first Bionicle set 8538 Lewa (http://brickset.com/sets/8535-1/Lewa). I remember buying it at Wal-Mart and then my mom making me do my homework before I could open it!

The OG X-Wing: 7140. Still built, still one of my favorites. I have a distinct memory of building it while watching ANH for the first time. I finished the set just in time to swoosh it to the attack on the Death star.

6474-1: 4-Wheeled Front Shovel

*snip*

I got it for my 4th birthday.

This was mine as well! Aside from some of the McDonald's promo sets that I think were released at about the same time, but I can't remember which of those was my first, so I just say my first set was this one. :blush:

My first set was : 6621 Fire truck from 1984. I had it very soon (when I just learn how to talk and be able to say vrooom !).

And after that I got some Fabuland sets (my daugther discovered them recently and is enjoying those animal-figures) and mostly basic sets with miscellanous pieces boxes (slopes and 2*4 bricks as far as I remember).

But the one is still this little fire truck that has got nothing special but a ladder. I still have it built and in a group of trucks and cars from the 80's I displayed.

Circa 1976...I can remember breaking the actuating tabs off the loader bucket almost immediately - oops!

911-1.jpg

Hi, everyone

My first set was 6895-1 Spy Trak 1, my dad bought it for my on Christmas :) I was so impressed how this truck turns.

6895-1.jpg