Sign in to follow this  
Pate-keetongu

MOC: Thrór

22618274391_d33fea3634_c.jpg

22581073376_4807c52715_c.jpg

22607074325_0a86b48ecc_c.jpg

The newet creation from the Dwarf Factory: Thrór, King Under The Mountain. Thorin's grandfather.

I wanted to build Thrór on his throne, like a mountain himself. The head was built on January, probably, but I had to wait until I got my LUGBULK with all the sand green. Tricky parts here included the frame around the Arkenstone (which lights up, naturally) and the layering of the angled details on the cloths (the upper part of Thrór is held on the rest with a single ball joint).

More photos on the blog. Enjoy.

Great work all-around, but for whatever reason those clips used as rings really stand out as serious NPU. Well done! :sweet:

It looks really nice, I like the throne with the different corners and all little golden details. And Thror looks amazing, you really captured his posture.

Amazing :wub: :wub:

I love the way you made Thror and the sand green throne. The way you placed the Arkenstone is nice, too :thumbup:

Edited by Balbo

This really is a briliant build. I like the colors and all that fantastic detail, like his beard and robes, and even those little rings. :thumbup: