1. 1. On a scale of 1-5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

22450831780_b620e5468f_b.jpg

Let me start with a little confession: while I've stumbled upon bits and pieces of the Doctor Who series in the past, I never really watched a full episode until last summer, when a friend of mine managed to convince me.

I started with season one of the 2005 reboot, and was not really thrilled with it. But I kept going, and things got a bit more engaging. Then, after the long drawn 10th Doctor-Rose affair found its conclusion, and Tennant said his final 'I don't want to go.', I found my Doctor. I know Whovians are forever debating about who the best Doctor is, and I do not want to start a debate here. I just love the fact TLG included Matt Smith's 11th Doctor in this set, instead of making it a Capaldi solo one. Smith's incarnation is the most captivating of the reboot, in my opinion, and watching him go around as the Doctor is like watching a fireworks' show, waiting for that moment when the big shot will be fired.

Does the new 21304 Ideas Doctor Who set keep up with these expectation? Let's find out. Geronimo!

Set Info

Theme: LEGO IDEAS

Set name: Doctor Who

Set Number: 21304

Price: US $ 59.99, GB £ 49.99, EUR € 59,99

Pieces: 623

Figures: 4 + 2 brick built Daleks

Year of release: 2015

Build, display and role play with Doctor Who!

Construct a stunningly detailed LEGO® version of the iconic TARDIS® and role-play the Doctor’s time-travel adventures! Created by fan-designer Andrew Clark and selected by LEGO Ideas members, this set is based on the BBC’s popular and long-running television series about a Time Lord – the Doctor – exploring the universe in a blue police box. Due to trans-dimensional engineering, the TARDIS is bigger on the inside than the outside and this cool multifunctional set includes the console room that houses all the flight controls. Regenerate the Doctor and defeat the evil Daleks™ and a Weeping Angel with the help of his extraordinary companion Clara. Then close the doors of the TARDIS and launch into another dimension! Includes 4 minifigures with assorted accessory elements: the Eleventh Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor, Clara Oswald and a Weeping Angel, plus 2 Daleks™.

• Includes 4 minifigures with assorted accessory elements: the Eleventh Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor, Clara Oswald and a Weeping Angel, plus 2 Daleks™
  • Features an opening TARDIS®, detachable interior console room with assorted flight controls, exclusive graphic details and steps.
  • Build an authentic replica of the iconic TARDIS® time machine in LEGO® bricks!
  • Great for display or role-playing scenes from the TV series
  • Accessory elements include the Eleventh Doctor’s Fez and the Doctor’ssignature accessory – The Sonic Screwdriver for the Twelfth Doctor
  • The Doctor fits inside the TARDIS® when closed
  • Includes a booklet about the fan-designer and the BBC television series
  • The perfect gift for LEGO® and Doctor Who fans of all ages!
  • TARDIS® measures over 4” (11cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep
  • Console room measures over 5” (14cm) high, 6” (16cm) wide and 8” (21cm) deep
  • TARDIS with console room measures over 5” (14cm) high, 6” (16cm) wide and 9” (23cm) deep

Links: Peeron, Bricklink and Brickset.

Disclaimer - As it is based on a product based on an ongoing TV series, this review will contain references and possible spoilers. I would advise you to get your bearings on Doctor Who (at least since the 2005 reboot) before reading it. I'll include links to external sources (wikia articles, images and even few YouTube videos) to help non-Whovians, but don't blame me for not using spoiler tags.

The Box

The box, as usual with LEGO IDEAS sets, is more compact than those of other themed sets of similar parts/price range. Its size is 26.3 x 19 x 7.3 cm, and the cardboard is sturdier than that used for common LEGO boxes, meaning it's meant to be a collection item in itself, instead of just a container for the parts and instructions.

Front

22612732926_ae3af138a3_b.jpg

The front shows a picture of the complete set, with the console and open TARDIS connected and under attack by a pair of Daleks, while the 12th Doctor and Clara run around in circles trying to find a strategy, or perhaps to understand why there are Daleks inside the control room, or even where the walls have gone at all...

Meanwhile, a Weeping Angel and the 11th Doctor serenely watch the scene from a small window-like panel in the middle of the right side.

A draw of a flying TARDIS, the LEGO, BBC and Doctor Who logos complete the upper part of the composition, while the age and set number info are in the lower left corner. On the right, a LEGO IDEAS logo also informs us that this is the 11th (coincidence? Rule 8: Never ignore a coincidence. Unless you're busy, then always ignore a coincidence.) set in this line.

The background is composed of dark blue hexagons with lighter blue lines and areas of yellow-orange to lighten it and give more visibility to the mainly grey/blue hues of the build.

Back

22638731575_6e7d0e3933_b.jpg

The back includes two 'play feature' panels, one which is very reminiscent of the last shots of Time of the Doctor, with Clara and the newly regenerated 12th Doctor in the control room, and the other showing the moves you need to perform to open the TARDIS walls and connect it to the console area, while Capaldi sternly waits to be able to step inside the control room.

At the bottom, you can see the four minifigs and a side view of the brick-built DalekTM. Each character is identified by his/her/its name and a 'REGENERATION' notice explains that there is no mistake, but the blur indicates the transition between 11th and 12th Doctors; whether the fez also regenerated into a sonic screwdriver is unclear and will probably be the cause of everlasting debate for future generations.

Finally, a blue panel on the left, including info in six languages about the LEGO IDEAS programme, and the LEGO, BBC and Doctor Who logos fill the rest of the space.

Sides

22450815820_ae238559de_b.jpg

22612719416_b5ab167b15_b.jpg

The top of the box shows a 1:1 size shot of the 12th Doctor, flanked by a menacing Weeping Angel about to attack the 11th and Clara, while Matt Smith is probably taunting it. LEGO logo and set number are on the left.

If you look carefully, you'll also notice a strange crack on the upper left. I'm not really sure if it's just an accidental feature due to un-careful handling, or if someone is trying to enter this universe via this scar in space and time.

The bottom side is covered in the usual LEGO legal warnings and copyright statements, plus the dedicated BCC ones this time around.

Contents

Inside

22017584543_9b35e5d2af_b.jpg

Upon opening the box, we find six un-numbered bags, and the instructions manual. Following the IDEAS tradition (with few notable exceptions), the set does not make use of stickers.

Recoloured parts

22017526673_5ae26202e0_b.jpg

This set makes large use of re-coloured parts, or as others could say, is has been a perfect excuse for TLG to start producing more parts in (mainly) Dark Blue.

Therefore, we have 8 Dark Blue Tile 2 x 2 Corner, 6 Dark Blue Tile, Round 1 x 1, 2 Dark Blue Plate 6 x 6, 4 Dark Tan Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Clip Horizontal on End, 4 Dark Tan Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Handle on End - Closed Ends, 24 Dark Blue Window 1 x 2 x 2 Flat Front, 14 Dark Blue Glass for Window 1 x 2 x 2 Flat Front, 4 Dark Blue Plate 3 x 3, 4 Dark Blue Brick, Modified 1 x 2 with Studs on 1 Side, 4 Dark Tan Brick, Modified 1 x 2 with Studs on 2 Sides, 4 Dark Blue Hinge Plate 1 x 4 Swivel Top / Base Complete Assembly, 2 Dark Tan Tile, Round 2 x 2 with Hole, 5 Dark Blue Tile 1 x 3 and 5 Black Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Open Stud.

New pieces

22649888591_84a86b1672_b.jpg

New pieces are equally as interesting.

They include the two Dark Blue Tile 1 x 3 with decoration which form the POLICE BOX sign (4 of each), the Dark Blue Glass for Window 1 x 2 x 2 Flat Front with the St. JOHN AMBULANCE logo, the White Glass for Window 1 x 2 x 2 Flat Front with the Police Phone instructions, the 8 White Glass for Window 1 x 2 x 2 Flat Front with the windows pattern, the White Glass for Window 1 x 4 x 6 with TARDIS door interior pattern, 2 Dark Tan Dish 2 x 2 Inverted (Radar) with Dalek top dish designs, the Light Bluish Gray Tile, Round 2 x 2 with Gallifreyan symbols, the 2 Dark Bluish Gray Road Sign Clip-On 2 x 2 Square Open O Clip with Gallifreyan symbols, the 2 Pearl Gold Sonic Screwdriver, the Dark Bluish Gray Tile, Round 2 x 2 with Open Stud, the Trans-Clear Minifig, Neck Bracket with 2 Back Studs and the 3 Trans-Clear Tile, Round 1 x 1 with Pin.

All printed parts are exceptionally good in quality and detail, and faithful to the source material. The only part which is slightly different from the original is the sonic screwdriver, not sporting the black on the handle and the chrome/metallic gray on the head. That is excusable, though, as the black part would be right where the minifig hand grasps the accessory, and a black paint there would be easily removed through use; moreover, it would probably be too difficult to have both the green and chrome/metallic paints on the head, and the printing process could turn the part into a mess all too easily. All in all, the part is readily recognisable, and works well as is.

Rare pieces

22017531263_cf526c252b_b.jpg

The set also includes a few rare parts, such as 10 Dark Blue Plate 2 x 2 Corner, a Dark Bluish Grey Minifig, Utensil Zip Line Handle, 3 Dark Bluish Gray Arm Skeleton, Bent with Clips at 90 degrees (Vertical Grip), 2 Light Bluish Gray Technic, Disk 3 x 3, 2 Trans-Light Blue Technic Wedge Belt Wheel (Pulley), 4 Light Bluish Gray Wedge 2 x 2 (Slope 45 Corner) and 4 Dark Blue Plate 1 x 3.

Extras

22017380883_196db38ee4_b.jpg

The extras include the usual assortment of small round plates, generic parts and tiles, cheese slopes and Technic bits. Of special interest is the second copy of the sonic screwdriver, which will allow both Doctors to carry theirs.

Manual

Front

22450802680_9f84b4c2d8_b.jpg

The front cover of the instructions manual has the same basic picture and composition as the front of the box. In addition to that, a link to the LEGO IDEAS website is provided, along with a note in 8 languages informing us that the same booklet is available in each respective language on the site.

22015944524_710775274a_b.jpg

On the inside cover, we find a short text which gives us context and info about both the Doctor and the BBC TV show.

22649940051_719982e746_b.jpg

The first page is dedicated to the 12th Doctor and Clara inside the TARDIS control room. This, along with providing a stylish start to the manual, gives us an idea of the material the set is based on. The main difference between the pic and the actual LEGO set is the orange colour of the tubes in the column you can spot right behind the Doctor. This difference seems to be related to the fact that the TARDIS control room scheme used in the set is that of the 7th season of the show, with Matt Smith's 11th Doctor's blue accents, while the photo is from the 8th season and sports Capaldi's orange.

22015937494_f024c4373e_b.jpg

Here's a random page. As usual, pieces call-outs and step numbers help us during the build. The background is very similar to that behind the picture on the box and manual fronts, but with a more yellow-ish/tan hue.

22015933174_5271702537_b.jpg

The manual, following the IDEAS sets' tradition, includes tons of info and details on both the source material and set design process. I limited the parts shown here to the above mentioned first pages and this, which is one of the last, giving us an insight on Andrew Clark, who submitted the original project on the LEGO IDEAS site, and his experience designing and finalising the set with LEGO designers.

22015920674_651d6f362d_b.jpg

The very last pages are dedicated to the usual LEGO commercial ads, and since a LEGO Dimensions Doctor Who Level Pack is about to hit the market, what better product to show on this manual?

Minifigures

Following the order in which the minifigures are shown on the back of the box, we start with the 11th Doctor.

11th Doctor

22015893534_48747e6a14_b.jpg

This peculiar incarnation of the Doctor displays one of the most recognisable looks in the entire series, with his distinctive bow tie, and the iconic (since seasons 7, mainly) waistcoat. For this set, designers decided to use his brown coat from season 7 (though it could have been a bit darker), which is one of the main attires for the 11th Doctor, even if not the one he used in the episode Time of the Doctor the set is supposedly based on. All in all, I really like this version of Matt Smith's character, and I've even come to like the red stripped shirt, which I did not particularly appreciate in the first images.

The head has a double expression: the stern but satisfied look the Doctor sports when dealing with important matters, and the smiling face he uses when happy/joking, or, sometimes, when taunting his enemies right in the middle of a crisis.

22624931842_59bb719dcc_b.jpg

I know some lamented a lack of precision in the hair piece choice for this minifigure. I must say I quite like this part for him (it is the one I used to use for my custom version up 'till now). What I'd personally change is the hue of brown: the set uses a Reddish Brown, while I prefer, as more accurate, a Dark Reddish Brown.

12th Doctor

22612638716_86a55759ca_b.jpg

The post-regeneration 12th Doctor wears the purple coat mostly used by Smith in the end of season 7, and only worn by Capaldi in the final moments of Time of the Doctor and in the first episode of season 8. As you can notice, the bow tie is gone just before the regeneration (check

), and so is the smile. The 12th Doctor is a sterner man then his previous incarnation, and his smiles are quite seldom, and mainly meant to scare his enemies. Also because of this, the head only has one print. Since the 12th Doctor is dubbed 'eyebrows', LEGO designers marked the characteristic feature making for an unmistakable resemblance.

The hair piece is a new mould, and looks very good on this figure. It is sculpted with lots of details, especially on the back.

22649741441_e7f1e826c5_b.jpg

Since, as already mentioned, a LEGO Dimension pack including another version of the 12th Doctor is about to be available, I managed to get hold of that too, to be able to show you a comparison between the two figs.

The Dimensions one sports the usual (as of season 8) attire of Capaldi's doctor, dark blue with crimson red highlights. I can honestly say that I like both versions and I would be hard-pressed to choose one as the best of the two.

Head and hair pieces are the same for both figures.

Clara

22450734600_d5a46d0c7f_b.jpg

Clara Oswald, being the companion who followed the Doctor in his transition between the 11th and 12th incarnations, was the natural choice for this set. Her minifigure is indeed spot-on. I like both the torso and leg pieces, with distinctive, yet generic enough designs to be used for other themes, too. I may be a bit out of date with minifigures' printing styles, but I'm sure this is the first minifigure I own with the back of the legs printed like the front and sides, which I largely appreciate. Just like the 11th Doctor, Clara's had has a dual face print: a serene look, and a more perplexed one (who wouldn't be perplexed after dealing with Matt Smith's Doctor for a bit?). The hair piece is a common one, but still a good choice for the character.

Weeping Angel

Warning: this picture could turn into an actual Weeping Angel, which could either break your neck, or send you back in time to an era without LEGO, and then feed on our AFOL's despair.

22649873081_574e1b1ef1_b.jpg

That said, the Weeping Angel figure is quite a surprise. Not for its design, which works very well, but because Weeping Angels play a very minor role in Time of the Doctor, and in most of the Clara era. To be perfectly honest, I would have expected a Cyberman to be in this set in its place.

To the figure itself, now. As you can see, the detail of the vest is really good, and very reminiscent of that used for the Statue of Liberty CMF. The back of the torso has a print which is normally covered by the Chima wings, which are attached with the new neck bracket. The head has two faces: the calm, statue-like one, and the aggressive, maniacal one, which is very fitting for one of the most frightful and relentless enemies in the Doctor Who universe. The choice of the hair piece seems very good, too.

Build

Getting started

22638617325_8bccf49c65_b.jpg

The build starts with the control room, and, specifically, with its base. As you can see, this portion makes quite extensive use of Trans-Light Blue parts; too bad the rest of the build will cover them and make it almost impossible to spot them.

Step on it

22015845094_86549672a2_b.jpg

Just a few more steps, and we have the control room floor, entrance platform and stairs in place. The supports surrounding the platform will remain empty 'till the very last steps of this portion of the build.

How to build an hexagon

22612590516_61bbf56af3_b.jpg

The central column is treated as a separate part for most of its build. The lower portion, made of mainly Technic parts, will allow us to build the hexagonal console, which is no easy task with the current LEGO palette of pieces. You can see through the Trans-Light Blue cylinders that the column is strengthened by the use of two Technic axle parts. Keen observers will also notice that those pieces are of two different colours, one black and one gray. Whether this is meant to represent the internal mechanisms of the TARDIS, or it is a simple strategy for kids to better tell the two apart is not clear to me. Few round plates and two radar dishes complete the top of the column with a really simplified version of the Time Rotors.

Almost there

22649817631_bd79702567_z.jpg

With the console in place and all the controls ready to be used, we are almost at the last steps of this section.

Watch where you go!

22017447333_27de9f7ec2_z.jpg

The railings, external control panels and movable monitors, the control room is now complete.

As-sem-ble!

22612571386_e2cbbb647b_b.jpg

Next up are the two Daleks, which are not considered as part of the minifigures, due to their brick built nature. The build is pretty easy, and modular. Many fans will be able to build their army, with different colours. The only exclusive part is the printed dish, of course.

Ex-ter-mi-nate!

22649866251_bf95220ce8_b.jpg

Once build, the Dalek is ready to do his job, which is to ex-ter-mi-nate all non-Dalek life forms in the universe. As one would easily assume, they are not the best species you could encounter in your time and space travels.

These specific Daleks, given their colour, seem to be based in design on the Time War variant, as deduced from the Dalek Colour Schemes and Hierarchy map.

You looked shorter on TV

22017497403_9b9aa9566c_b.jpg

Though the original Dalek design marked them as circa 163 cm tall, these LEGO Dalek, probably on steroids, are taller than a minifigure, meaning they are somewhere around 2 meters in (LEGO scale) height.

Laying foundations

22649804301_0fc0a3c7cb_b.jpg

And now we get to the other star of the set, the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension In Space) herself, or, as the 11th Doctor calls her, Sexy!

Of course, we start from the base, which is an unusual 7x7 studs. This size is reached by the use of a 6x6 plate, two 1x6 and a 1x1 additional plates, and kept together by the overlying layer of tiles and smaller plates.

Through the door, or maybe not

22649793761_034d35449e_b.jpg

One of the most peculiar features of this set is the fact that the parts composing the exterior door of the TARDIS are those opposed to the part of the build that actually opens up to reveal the interior. As counterintuitive as that may be, the explanation is quite simple (as we'll see more clearly in as short while): the back of the 'door' must be completely visible in the assembled-with-the-control-room stage, so it needs to be a whole wall.

Fans may still mod their TARDIS so that the front doors are on the split side, but the inner face door is opposed to them. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Almost a cabinet

22649784741_bfafd10247_b.jpg

The rest of the walls are built very easily, as the window parts must just be stuck one upon the other in a repetitive manner.

Four walls and a roof

22638532695_98400e057e_b.jpg

By adding the POLICE BOX signs and the roof, we complete the build and are almost ready to start to investigate the play features.

I'll just spend a few words on the signs themselves by saying that though the gap between the two parts looks a bit awkward, it is better looking in real life than you could expect from pictures.

This thing is huge!

22450615970_f37286529d_b.jpg

Due to the fact that it includes a raised platform that must match up with the console room, and the strange height/width LEGO ratio, the closed TARDIS is huge when compared to a minifigure, way bigger than its real-life counterpart.

Nonetheless, it's a beautiful build and a great model to display.

Finished set

All together

22624991292_e5ef2474b1_b.jpg

Once we assemble the control room and the open TARDIS, we get the full set, complete with its minifigures and brick-built Daleks. The set has a satisfying size, which gives it importance, and the parts connect with harmony, both in size and colour scheme.

Inside the TARDIS

22624996552_692834f3be_b.jpg

As mentioned, the inside of the TARDIS includes a raised platform which connects with the one at the back of the control room. This can also be used to place and store your favourite Doctor, or Clara (the winged Weeping Angel and the Daleks do not fit in) when travelling through the time and space continuum.

Ready... Connect!

22649710691_f84d90458b_b.jpg

The two parts connect via a combination of Technic axle (on the control room side) and brick (inside the blue box). This link will keep the two in place during play, but will not bear excessive roughness. While the TARDIS is pretty swooshable, the rest of the build isn't, and should not be used as an extended space-ship mid flight.

Bonus Images

How LEGO Weeping Angels earned their name

22612497346_e54f970460_b.jpg

Is this Trenzalore already?

22017367493_964df91e04_z.jpg

Trenzalore

How I met your Dalek

22624970442_c0911457f7_b.jpg

Finally!

22638453835_5282da3f78_b.jpg

Final Comments

Overall, this IDEAS set is very faithful to its source material and pretty rich in both details and minifigs (counting the brick-built Daleks in this category for once). The colour scheme, though guided by the original one, is well done and harmonic. Moreover, you get two models, which can combine into a bigger one or be used separately, for both play and display purposes, and also offer great potential for mod-ers and moc-ers.

Design & Colour scheme – 10/10 (Very accurate to the source material and rich of well-finished details.)

Minifigs – 10/10 (Though most Whovians will lament the lack of one Doctor or Companion or the other, the choices made for this set are very good, and the design and detail of the figures are great.)

Parts – 9/10 (Great variety of useful parts, a reasonable amount of new pieces, and quite a few cool printed ones (no stickers!).)

Playability – 10/10 (As a Doctor Who set, the only limit to playability is one's imagination, and both Andrew Clark and the LEGO designers did their best to add nice play features to the set. The one I find most entertaining is the 'regeneration feature' shown on the back of the box, though!)

Build – 8/10 (Nothing too complex, but some efficient solutions are used, along with quite a bit of SNOT-ing for the TARDIS and the hexagonal console.)

Price – 10/10 (For a set linked to a license, this one is extremely well priced, as you get 600+ parts for 60 €.)

Overall: 9.5/10 Excellent

As always, questions, comments, and pic requests welcome!

If you like my reviews, and would like to learn how it's done, please consider joining the Reviewers Academy:

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=20631

Dear Eurobricks Community,

A strange blue box coming from Denmark materialised few days ago at my doorstep, so I took the chance to provide you a review of the upcoming 21304 IDEAS Doctor Who set.

Please enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment.

Nice nice nice. I have so been looking forward to a EuroBricks review of this set.

As a Whovian im probably way overexcited and happy with this set than nonWhovians might be.

But to me its spoton 10/10.

And what a lovely compilation of pieces. Now im wondering on the "extra "psionic screwdriver, i hope i got it correctly. so theres 3 ? ... One for Matt smith, one for Peter Capaldi and then an extra ? ... Thats awesome.

I also do get that the TARDIS outside had to be made that huge in order to make it "fit" the control panel for the TARDIS, and its indeed a beautiful build afterall, even though its so damn huge.

It makes sense they putted a Weeping angel in the set to make fans craving for more sets, since the cyberman will be introduced in the LEGO Dimensions wave 3.

22612497346_e54f970460_n.jpg

Or maybe it realised minifigs dont blink :laugh:

Im in a hurry right now, so i had to rush through the review, but i couldnt resist on commenting on my first impression. A whole lot more of my thoughts on it when i have more time.

But all over all an excellent review, and cant believe that you also got a hold of the Dimensions level pack as well. Boths 12th doctors are awesome.

For now im out. Thanks again for a lovely review. :classic:

Edited by KlodsBrik

Thanks for your comments, KlodsBrik.

I'm sorry if I mislead you, but there are only two sonic screwdrivers: one for either Smith or Capaldi (I think LEGO designers would expect you to play with just one regeneration at a time), and one extra.

LuxorV, excellent review. For a non Doctor Who fan but yet a LEGO fan, you have interest me greatly to follow up to find out more on this BBC TV series and I wondered why it is so popular like the Big Bang Theory. I am no subject matter expert but I am glad you have shared and relate to the fullest in reference to the actual TV series. It is a lovely set and I am looking forward to buy this set too. Thank you for doing this. :sweet:

First off, excellent Review Luxor, Thanks for listing all the printed parts and providing links to the source material :thumbup: On the whole I think this is a brilliant set worth getting, my only gripe would be the doors not opening. Thanks for the review.

Great review, thanks and a fantastic set I can't wait to get my hands on it. That photo of Capaldi looks like he's just had a haircut and they have gone a tad shorter than they should have :-) Personally I prefer the dimensions outfit, and I think I'll be giving him a guitar seeing as it seems to be his thing :-)

So excited!!!

Excellent review - superset. I'll be buying this one - even though I have never watched the series :laugh:

Then you must watch the series (well you might enjoy it) I envy you all the unwatched Doctor episodes to discover!

What's the name of the T-shaped, technic pieces used to construct the TARDIS console? Can't find them on Bricklink :sceptic:

Edited by Sir Gareth

As a Doctor Who fan I am definitely tempted!!!

Wonder if there will be more Doctor Who sets in the future, would love to see Cybermen and Davros, maybe a few Sontarans too!

I need to get two copies! One to leave as a closed TARDIS and one showing the TARDIS opening into the control room as the front of the box shows!

Andy D

Can't stand Dr Who and it's childish storytelling (and questionable cinematography...)

But...this set is terrific. The 'energy' and quality of the set is very apparent and I'll certainly be getting it. Love the separate Police Box, that's an inspired design choice.

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

Nice review. Clara's legs are actually made from two different colors of plastic, a molding technique debuting in 2015 and seen in several sets.

Even though I've only seen the first episode of Doctor Who, this set is absolutely outstanding and might make it into my wishlist!

Thank you for this incredible review! :laugh::thumbup:

I have to admit that Matt Smith is the worst doctor ever (in my opinion). In fact it is he whom made me stop watching Dr Who and even Capaldi hasn't been able to get me back into it again. Tenant and Christopher Eccleston are the best doctors so far.

However I am definitely buying the set though :classic: