_shaddow_

[MOC] Fali'Ven the adventurer

Hey there, I'm here to present a MOC I've finally took the time to take decent pictures of, Fali'Ven.

pa280018.jpg

Click on the picture to access the gallery !

Fali'ven is an adventurer in the Neverscape era of Universcape, a french Fan Universe created by Loserkiller. While at a certain point of his life he explored dungeons with a fellow explorer from the same race, he's now working alone. This character doesn't have any specific powers, and only rely on his agility and his fighting skills to survive the many traps and ennemies that awaits anyone who dare enter the different sacred places hidden and scattered in Universcape.

The basis of this design is, as most of you may have noticed, the blue Vahki, Bordakh. I wanted it to have a G1 feel, and had to have elements from the original Vahki, but designed as a hero/adventurer, so with tweaked proportions and armor. The blades were an afterthought, as I had them lying on my desk, since I didn't use them on my rework of Chi Panthar, and they just looked perfect with this MOC.

The actual backstory of this guy is taken back from 2004, when the Vahki actually came out. My friend found them pretty early and knowing that I was waiting eagerly for Bordakh to come out, bought it and offered it to me as a gift. Fast forward several months, we were playing with several Bionicle figures, in an universe similar to the one from The Legend of Zelda, where my Bordakh, wearing the King Mathias cape, was a hero who needed to defeat the evil gan... Ultimate Dume. I remember having fun with him for several hours and this is still to this day one of the fondest memories of us that I have. While he left us several years ago, the idea of remaking this character never left me and I finally had the inspiration I needed last august, for the result you can see here.

As always, comments and criticism is welcome !

pa280046.jpg

Edited by _shaddow_

Looks great, love the cape and use of the Vahki head

Thank you very much, the head was the first thing I've done on the MOC, and I'm pretty happy about how it turned out. Also, the cape is actually the original cape I used on my Bordakh back in the day.

Also, I wanted to apologize for the gallery taking so much time to go up, while I didn't know Brickshelf would have taken so much time to make it public, I should have waited for it to be available for everyone before posting. But guess what ? Now it is !