This is my entry for the Crane Contest: Gantry Crane

10.JPG

This crane is based on several ones of this type I could found, so it's not an exact model copy. I decided to create it because I haven't seen a technic gantry crane with proper shape. Most of blue liftarms (or maybe all) are taken from 42042 set.

1.JPG

Features & Functions:

• trolley movement mechanism (M-Motor)
  • hoisting mechanism (M-Motor)
  • crane movement mechanism (L-Motor)
  • powered by LiPo Battery
  • remote control with 2x IR receivers

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

8.JPG

Video:

This is the quintessential crane contest entry!

• Limited number of parts
  • Simple design
  • Great functionality
  • Perfect presentation (love the intro of your video)

Your entry proves that a contest entry can be relatively "simple".

Very nice :classic::thumbup:

I really like this! This shows that small does not mean that you sacrifice functions. One thing to complain about is how to PF motors stick out of the back. maybe try mounting them like the L-motor and use bevel gears to get the right output direction, or you could leave the motors and put the IR receivers on the opposite side of the M-motors to make it look more even.

Very nice work. Now we just need a technic ship for it :P

Thanks. But this crane is not for ships:

kk20259_2000_mt.jpg

Smart use of parts! Nicely done!

Thank you. Took me some time to combine them right.

Wow, I want to play!!! I love it and my kids would go mad for it ;-)

Do you have some more photos, I'd really like to build it. Why didn't you use the rubber belts on the pulley wheels? I know that those cranes are usualy on some kind of a rail, so the pulley is more accurate, but it would feel better standing on rubber, at least for me ;-) Good luck!

Thanks, guys.

Wow, I want to play!!! I love it and my kids would go mad for it ;-)

Do you have some more photos, I'd really like to build it. Why didn't you use the rubber belts on the pulley wheels? I know that those cranes are usualy on some kind of a rail, so the pulley is more accurate, but it would feel better standing on rubber, at least for me ;-) Good luck!

At first, I planned to build rails as well, but then changed my mind; still used pulleys for more realistic look. I could make more photos or show some inner stuff, but what exactly?

Nice work, I love the scale, functionality and color. Two points of possible improvement in my eyes:

- The ladder is a bit too crude for this scale, I would even consider deleting it all together.

- Secondly, are you planning to clean up the PF cables if possible?

I'm curious if you have an idea of the part count. This entry will definitely be one of my favorites during voting.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Thanks everyone!

Nice work, I love the scale, functionality and color. Two points of possible improvement in my eyes:

- The ladder is a bit too crude for this scale, I would even consider deleting it all together.

- Secondly, are you planning to clean up the PF cables if possible?

I'm curious if you have an idea of the part count. This entry will definitely be one of my favorites during voting.

The ladder is kind of figurative. I think cables are ok there:

640x390.jpg

I could make more photos or show some inner stuff, but what exactly?

Thx for considering. If I am not asking to much, the motor compartment without batery box and motors - if there is an easy way to remove them of course. I don't want you to disassemble the whole thing ;-) And some photos of the main girder and conection points between supports and this girder.

Thank you very much and don't feel obliged to take those extra photos, pleanty of the design can be read/seen from the video also.

Best regards,

Miha

Thx for considering. If I am not asking to much, the motor compartment without batery box and motors - if there is an easy way to remove them of course. I don't want you to disassemble the whole thing ;-) And some photos of the main girder and conection points between supports and this girder.

Thank you very much and don't feel obliged to take those extra photos, pleanty of the design can be read/seen from the video also.

Best regards,

Miha

Here you go:

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

It's hard for me now, after I made it, to figure out the 'hard' parts, because it all looks same clear. Hope it helps anyway.

That's perfectly fine thank you :-) Just to make sure: the wheels are driven on one side of the support or on both?

Edited by MajklSpajkl