Hinckley

Dwarves' Mine Review!!

Just explaining the derailed train of my thoughts.

And true it was off topic :-$ Sorry :-X

Edited by Johnny 5

Just explaining the derailed train of my thoughts.

And true it was off topic :-$ Sorry :-X

:-D :-D :-D that's okay! My brain-trains are also de-railing most of the time. :-P

Actually on topic, it looks amazing and I want.

I've seriously been to my local Target close to 20 times and this long after the on-shelf date they still don't have it. The result of living in Hick Town, USA.

Sure I could get from S@H but I just hate S+H charges |-/

Also I'll scream if I order it then my Target gets it.

Though I'm going to Missouri next week, just might encounter one along the way....

If the Lego worker who spoke to *yoda* was telling the truth and the set does come out in Europe on April 2008, then I won't wait for this set! I will bricklink a troll, a few orcs, an handful of short legs, some beards and some helmets to turn my vikings into dwarves.

Oh Hinckley, your mine mods are great. *sweet*

Dwarves on!

Shakar

If the Lego worker who spoke to *yoda* was telling the truth and the set does come out in Europe on April 2008, ...

Noooooooo!!! Are you serious, do they really expect us to wait till April? That is SO unfair!!! :'-(

noooo >:-( i don't want to wait 5 more months :'-(

Noooooooo!!! Are you serious, do they really expect us to wait till April? That is SO unfair!!! :'-(
Well, *yoda* said so.

It does indeed suck...I'll try to ask to Lego later.

Shakar

Hmm, must have overlooked that particular reply. Speculation is one thing, but having it confirmed by a LEGO rep makes the possibility that we in Europe don't get the early release of Dwarfs mining suddenly a lot more real. Man, that really s*cks!!! |-/ I so wanted that set for Christmas!

Unlike most people here I'm glad it comes out in April!

That way, I'll have more time to but the other sets I need to get ;-)

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

I am very confused.

A friend of me asked Lego Direct and said to me that the mine come in january to England and in march to Germany.

Now I wrote to Lego Direct and they told me that the mine is an america-Exclusive product.

A other guy from the Call Center said the mine isn

Or bricklink ;)

I just looked on bricklink for some dwarfs....

And so i looked up the inventory of the set and I saw that there is an extra dwarf helmet?! 8-

Just got the set today and I've got to say it's awesome!!! I love all the new parts and minifigs. Just got a question for all those who already have this great set: I don't know if I've got lucky or something, but mine came with an extra silver winged helmet. It 's says it only comes with one at the end of the instructions, but I got two. 8-| :-) Just wanting to see if I was the only one.

Anyway, great set!!! *wub*

edit: Just read the post before mine which kind of explains my question. I guess they all come with an extra one, mine did!

Edited by Two-Faced Batman Fan

Yes, the two I bought both came with an extra silver dwarf helmet and so did two other people I know of...

I need to order this off S@H! And is it just me, or did you buy TWO mines? That is exactly what I was going to do! Great review. Hope to see more like this in the future!

I need to order this off S@H! And is it just me, or did you buy TWO mines? That is exactly what I was going to do! Great review. Hope to see more like this in the future!

As you may read in the post above yours, yes I did buy two... ;-)

Hinckley,

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but are the two side sections modular? It looks like the sides have the technic connector thingies. You said you bought two, have you tried connecting these?

DP8

Edited by darthperson8

It is built so you can connect several mines together and the separate towers if you're clever about it, but the ramp and the blacksmith area are plate-built into all three modular sections, so to take the three modules apart you have to completely dissasemble those two areas...

As you may read in the post above yours, yes I did buy two... ;-)

Whoop, just saw that! :-$ And an extra silver helmet? Lokks like my sig fig is going to have a new hat before his unveiling!

I don't know how much longer I can resist this set. And I'm not even a Castle Guy.

Hopefully it will sell out, and I won't have to look at it on the shelves anymore.

I was just in my local Target yesterday and the end caps are full of them. They're definately gearing up for the Christmas rush. But I'm sure what's left over will go on sale after the holiday. Target always runs an after-Christmas sale on most of their toys.

I love the set though and think it's worth buying at full price. (If ony it had more Wild West pieces ;-) ).

All I can say Is that havng the mine carts myself, they are better than the carts in this old set.

0686-1.jpg

But seriously, this is a must have set.