Sign in to follow this  
billyamy

My tiny modification of AT-DP

"Tiny"!? More like "Super Articulate" Modification! Great job! Would love to know how you made it so I could perhaps make mine articulate as well. :)

Wow, i totally need to do that to mine (after i get around to building)

did you need any more parts beside all those joints?

As I remember, some pin and two beam5 for inner part of hip joint. (See the last pic)

Maybe I take it out from the box again for more photo later. Sorry I really forgot the detail.

D7AFAF53-88D3-4396-B4AE-5E5786525E58_zpsggcbh84e.jpg

Ah no worries, pins i've got plenty, and a bunch of 5-length beams shouldnt be hard to find either, so i should be able to get quite close by bricklinking a bunch of those joints

Ah ,i love such tiny modifications to sets that make them fully functional.Great job!I can't help but wonder tho , is this AT-AT heavily modified or its just outside plating?Sorry for going offtopic,but im such an AT-AT lover :)

Not only outside plating, need to do something inside the head and tail part. maybe I can post some pics later. However, I am not the original designer.

Edited by billyamy

Wow! I don´t know this vehicle (I am an old fan of the classical saga and vehicles) but the engineering work is remarkable.

With that design on the legs you can make it fit in larger vehicles or barges, making its deployment easier.

Congratulations.

Great modification. One thing that bother me the most about TLG's AT-DP is the way the walker's legs connected to the walker's body causing great limitation in articulation of the legs. You successfully make the legs to been more stable and able to posing the legs with less limitation. The leg articulation is strong with this one!