Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#142: Day of the Triffid

I'm going to take the back row and heal myself. "I won't risk dying over that dodgy Triffid.

"We rescued him! Now dealing with these two should be easy."

I hack at the Meat Golem from the Back Row.

QM Note: Sorry, I've forgotten again that the golems are undead, so they cannot be damaged by non-elemental attacks. I'm pretty sure I remembered that in the beginning of the battle. :facepalm:

Ezeran and Drucilla attacks the salad golemmfrom the back row.

heroicanpc-drucillaeldritch2.jpg

"I beg your pardon, but surely I could use my arc spells to obliterate these foes in no time. Normal attacks will not work."

Results of Round Eleven of the Restaurant Battle:

>Drucilla (Light) vs. Salad Golem - Arc Spell (Meat Golem: 105 health-(88x2=176 dmg)=0 health; Salad Golem: 118 health-(88x2=176 dmg)=0 health; Drucilla: -2 ether)

>Ezeran (Fire) vs. Salad Golem

Torald vs. Meat Golem

>Petaldan vs. Meat Golem

>Windus heals himself - Heal (Windus: +5 health, -1 ether)

With the Triffid gone, Drucilla is finally able to make quick work of the pesky golems. A blinding flash later, the golems lay on the floor, reduced back to food.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Drucilla gains a fifth of a level, while the heroes all gain a full level. The enemies drop the following loot, which the party leader can divide:

heroica-chickenleg.jpgChicken Drumstick (Max. health +1 when consumed.)

heroica-greasysausage.jpgGreasy Sausage (Max. health +2 when consumed.)

heroica-rawmeat.jpgRaw Meat (Max. health +5 when consumed.)

heroica-mightycarrot.jpgMighty Carrot (Power +2 when consumed.)

heroica-magicpumpkin.jpgMagic Pumpkin (Spellpower +2 when consumed.)

heroica-levelupmushroom.jpgLevel Up Mushroom (Grants one full level when consumed.)

Party:

19745451253_0970632efb_m.jpgEzeran Yavarr (MysticModulus)

42 year old male human mage *Party Leader*

Level 7 *Absorbs darkness*

Power: 14 (7+7)

Defense: 1

Health: 11/11 (5+6)

Ether: 5/11 (5+6)

Gold: 25

Equipment: Ancient Sapphamber Staff (WP:7, doubled against Ancient enemies, Wind-elemental; staff), Hood of the Elementalist (SP:1, *Absorbs darkness*; headwear, suitable to anyone)

Inventory: Staff infested with demonic slime (WP 3), Potion, 2x Grand Tonic, 2x Remedy. Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Ebony Scorpion Dagger (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; dagger), Bedroll.

photo-thumb-43982.jpg?_r=1438604472Torald Waruelf (Alfadas)

20 year old male human Barbarian

Level 6 *Natural Respite*

Power: 11 (5+6)

Defense: 3

Health: 13/13 (8+5)

Gold: 70

Equipment: Ebony Scorpion Spear (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; spear), Tricorne (SP:3, headwear; suitable to anyone)

Inventory: Gaia Blade (WP:5, Wood-elemental, ignores defenses of foes weak to Wood, gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword), Ignis Blade (WP:5, Fire-elemental, ignores SP of foes weak to Fire, gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword), Old and Rusty Greatsword (WP: 3), Mead, Tiger Balm, Fire Bomb, Aeolus Bomb (Deals 100 wind-elemental damage to all opponents when used.), Phoenix essence, Crocodile belt (Max. Health +2; accessory.)

petaldan_parfenius.jpgPaladin Petaldan Parfenius (Palathadric)

5 years old male "wonder" Knight

Level 3

Power: 6 (3+3)

Defense: 2

Health: 6/12 (10+2)

Gold: 5

Equipment: Daugslyr (WP:3; Greatsword), Racamia (SP: 2; Shield)

Inventory: Bedroll

ava-windus.jpgDr. Windus (Windusky)

29 years old human Cleric

Level 3

Defense: 0

Health: 8/11 (9+2)

Ether: 5/7 (5+2)

Gold: 10

Equipment: Diamond Staff (WP: 3)

Inventory: 1 Potion, 1 Remedy, Shovel

heroicanpc-drucillaeldritch2.jpgDrucilla Eldritch (NPC, controlled by MysticModulus)

32 years old female human Archmage

Level 44 *Arcane Wisdom* *Circle of Mages* *Immune to Sealed*

Power: 45 (44+1) (Spellpower: 89 (44+45))

Health: 54/58 (5+43+10)

Ether: 53/63 (5+43+10+5)

Gold: 887

Equipment: Eldritch Wand (WP:1, Spellpower: 45; suitable to members of the Eldritch family only; wand), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect, suitable for mages, clerics and necromancers.)

Inventory: Opal (Ice), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Topaz (Lightning), Aquamarine (Water), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness)

"I'd like to get the Mighty Carrot, if no one minds. And maybe the Chicken drumstick. But I really like the carrot."

OoC: Why do I have *Natural Respite* written by my level? Nevermind, figured it out already :grin:

Edited by Alfadas

"If no one would mind, i'd like to take the raw meat. I seem to keep getting bruised and battered by the Triffid, and i'd like to be more prepared the next time we encounter it."

I eye the food remains eagerly, hoping that the suited gentleman will not take them away from us after our hard-fought victory.

Ezeran lets out a sigh of relief. "That wasn't easy..."

Torald: Chicken drumstick, mighty carrot.

Windus: Raw meat.

Petaldan: Greasy sausage. Magic pumpkin.

Ezeran:Level up mushroom.

That's ok for everybody?

"I'm fine with this! But now I have to eat a carrot..." Torald doesn't seem to like that idea. "But, what are we going to do about that pesky Triffid?"

"I'm fine with this! But now I have to eat a carrot..." Torald doesn't seem to like that idea. "But, what are we going to do about that pesky Triffid?"

Ezeran pats Torald on his massive shoulder. "It's propably good for you!Concerning the Triffid... What do you say about all this Drucilla?" Ezeran turns towards Drucilla.

I look at the pumpkin in dismay.

"I can't eat that! I don't mind carrots though." :blush:

MysticModulus, your character is the only one who can make use of the Pumpkin, so you may as well take it.

I look at the pumpkin in dismay.

"I can't eat that! I don't mind carrots though." :blush:

MysticModulus, your character is the only one who can make use of the Pumpkin, so you may as well take it.

ooc: ok, I'll try to balance the liot in your favour next time.

QM Note: Remember that you have to consume the items you just got before they take effect.

Drucilla rushed to her husband's side.

heroicaquest142-kinglesscrown5.jpg

"Malastor, are you alright? Say something!"

heroicanpc-malastoreldritch2.jpg

"Wife... I am never eating my vegetables ever again...", the necromancer muttered before passing out.

"Oh, you sourpuss! You had me worried!" The wizard woman turned to the heroes. "I cannot thank you enough for helping us!"

heroicaquest124-waldorf.jpg

"No problem, Mrs. Eldritch. I don't suppose you remember me... You taught me at the Academy of Enlightenment some years ago. Too bad I couldn't help you out, too, but my emerald would not have worked."

"I remember you now... Waldorf, wasn't it? Take this ruby, you will need it against that Triffid. I suppose you are going to chase it down, right?"

Waldorf was so flabbergasted at his old teacher's generosity that Annabelle spoke up for him.

heroicaquest142-annabelle.jpg

"Of course! We can't let it hurt any more citizens of Eubric!"

"I must attend to my husband now, but I want to help you out, so the rest of you can choose between taking one of my remaining gems or 100 gold. You should stock up at the Marketplace before you continue your hunt."

Drucilla left the party, but Waldorf joined it!

What would each of the heroes choose as Drucilla's reward? A gem (other than a ruby), or 100 gold?

Party:

Gold: 25

Equipment: Ancient Sapphamber Staff (WP:7, doubled against Ancient enemies, Wind-elemental; staff), Hood of the Elementalist (SP:1, *Absorbs darkness*; headwear, suitable to anyone)

Inventory: Staff infested with demonic slime (WP 3), Potion, 2x Grand Tonic, 2x Remedy, Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Ebony Scorpion Dagger (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; dagger), Bedroll, Level Up Mushroom (Grants one full level when consumed.), Magic Pumpkin (Spellpower +2 when consumed.)

Power: 11 (5+6)

Health: 13/13 (8+5)

Gold: 70

Equipment: Ebony Scorpion Spear (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; spear), Tricorne (SP:3, headwear; suitable to anyone)

Inventory: Gaia Blade (WP:5, Wood-elemental, ignores defenses of foes weak to Wood, gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword), Ignis Blade (WP:5, Fire-elemental, ignores SP of foes weak to Fire, gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword), Old and Rusty Greatsword (WP: 3), Crocodile Belt (Max. Health +2; accessory.), Mead, Phoenix essence, Tiger Balm, Fire Bomb, Aeolus Bomb (Deals 100 wind-elemental damage to all opponents when used.), Mighty Carrot (Power +2 when consumed.), Chicken Drumstick (Max. health +1 when consumed.)

Level 3

Gold: 5

Inventory: Bedroll, Greasy Sausage (Max. health +2 when consumed.)

Level 3

Gold: 10

Inventory: 1 Potion, 1 Remedy, Shovel, Raw Meat (Max. health +5 when consumed.)

heroicaquest124-waldorf.jpgWaldorf (NPC, controlled by MysticModulus)

19 years old male human Mage

Level 5 *Immune to wood and poisoned*

Power: 10 (5+5)

Health: 9/9 (5+4)

Ether: 9/9 (5+4)

Gold: 0

Equipment: Wandrake (WP:5, wood-elemental broomstick), Green Pointy Hat (Max. ether +2, immune to poisoned-effect and wood-element; suitable to mages, clerics, necromancers, scholars and weather mages; headwear)

Inventory: Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Remedy

Ezeran nods to Drucilla "Glad we could be of help, you provided some crucial support to us. I would gladly take the gold as reward since I'm somewhat broke. I got two mouths to feed you see." Ezeran smiles at the last remark and nods towards the grinning symbiont.

"As I can't really use gems, or atleast I don't think I can, I choose the gold." Torald also consumes the Mighty Carrot and Chicken Drumstick.

"Hmm...I cannot accept the gold, because that would be like payment for an act of heroism...but you are giving it for a worthy cause that we can destroy this menace, so I will accept the gold. I thank you for your kindness, my lady."

I plant a kiss on Drucilla's hand.

Ezeran turns to his fellow heroes. "Any ideas on what we need for our upcoming hunt and battle? I guess a trip to the marketplace would be a good idea? I'm in need of a nap anyhow."

Ezeran spreads out his bedroll and takes a nap

Edited by MysticModulus

"Well, as it seems Triffid is immune to poison, so my spear doesn't affect him other then the normal attack. So, I guess we just need to hit him with normal attacks as much as possible." Torald starts thinking. "He is a plant-ish creature, so does that make him weak to fire? If so, my other sword would do pretty well against it"

As the other patrons of the restaurant quickly departed, Drucilla handed out the promised gold from her purse.

"Oh wow!" Waldorf finally managed to utter. "I won't let you down, Mrs. Eldritch, I promised!"

"I am counting on that."

"Hmm...I cannot accept the gold, because that would be like payment for an act of heroism...but you are giving it for a worthy cause that we can destroy this menace, so I will accept the gold. I thank you for your kindness, my lady."

I plant a kiss on Drucilla's hand.

Drucilla smiled at Petaldan, but there was a hint of sadness behind her smile.

"You're a sweet child, Sir Parfenius. I'm pleased to have made your acquaintance... Just be careful out there, this is not a very nice city."

Ezeran spreads out his bedroll and takes a nap

Ezeran did not have time to sleep, for the kitchen door was slammed open, and an enormous creature stomped out, flailing a ladle.

heroicaquest142-kinglesscrown6.jpg

heroicaquest142-phoebe.jpg

"Yikes! We're in trouble now..."

heroicaquest66-maitred.jpg

"Master Chef Yasmar, allow me to explain..."

heroicanpc-yasmar.jpg

"You'd better! And I don't want to hear any megablocking excuses, Maitre d'! I am trying to run the fanciest megablocking place in town, and I won't allow this kind of weird shit to screw it up!"

The golem quickly went over the Triffid assault.

heroicanpc-yasmar.jpg

"That was a Triffid?! Bloody hell, I've been waiting for this chance my whole megablocking life... Did you know that Triffid leaves are an ancient delicacy? Maitre d', Paula..."

"It's Phoebe, sir."

heroicanpc-yasmar.jpg

"...Whatever. You two, go and get me some Triffid leaves or you can consider yourselves fired. And I mean this megablocking second!"

The party had no choice but to leave the restaurant with the golem and the waitress.

heroicaquest66-maitred.jpg

"I guess we are sticking together until we can track down the monster", the golem sighed.

heroicaquest124-fraufrau.jpg

"Yip yip!"

heroicaquest142-annabelle.jpg

"Frau-frau caught a whiff of it! But do you want to shop at the Marketplace first?"

"Something that will prevent the Triffid from fleeing would probably come in handy."

"Y'all might also wanna increase its luck again, if it swallows another victim before we catch it."

QM Note: You are free to shop at the Marketplace now, but please post your purchases here instead of the Marketplace topic.

Party:

Gold: 125

Inventory: Staff infested with demonic slime (WP 3), Potion, 2x Grand Tonic, 2x Remedy, Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Ebony Scorpion Dagger (WP:5, deals Poisoned-by-3; dagger), Bedroll, Level Up Mushroom (Grants one full level when consumed.), Magic Pumpkin (Spellpower +2 when consumed.)

Power: 13 (5+6+2)

Health: 14/14 (8+5+1)

Gold: 170

Inventory: Gaia Blade (WP:5, Wood-elemental, ignores defenses of foes weak to Wood, gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword), Ignis Blade (WP:5, Fire-elemental, ignores SP of foes weak to Fire, gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; greatsword), Old and Rusty Greatsword (WP: 3), Crocodile Belt (Max. Health +2; accessory.), Mead, Phoenix essence, Tiger Balm, Fire Bomb, Aeolus Bomb (Deals 100 wind-elemental damage to all opponents when used.)

Level 3

Gold: 105

Inventory: Bedroll, Greasy Sausage (Max. health +2 when consumed.)

Level 3

Gold: 110

Inventory: 1 Potion, 1 Remedy, Shovel, Raw Meat (Max. health +5 when consumed.)

heroicaquest124-waldorf.jpgWaldorf (NPC, controlled by MysticModulus)

19 years old male human Mage

Level 5 *Immune to wood and poisoned*

Power: 10 (5+5)

Health: 9/9 (5+4)

Ether: 9/9 (5+4)

Gold: 0

Equipment: Wandrake (WP:5, wood-elemental broomstick), Green Pointy Hat (Max. ether +2, immune to poisoned-effect and wood-element; suitable to mages, clerics, necromancers, scholars and weather mages; headwear)

Inventory: Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Remedy