Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#142: Day of the Triffid

"Thanks for all the answers. And also thanks for the emerald, although I'm not sure what to use it for. And bye everybody!"

Torald says goodbye to the rest of the Heroes, that he hopes to see them soon in the Hall and goes to the Hall.

Ezeran waves towards the other heroes and then speaks to Waldorf. "Take care now Waldorf, ot has been great to habe company with such a talented arbomancer as yourself!" Ezeran leaves the party and heads for the hall.

OoC: I seem to have lost my reputation with Ji Pei from the last quest. Is that in order?

Edited by MysticModulus

heroicanpc-madameladybug2.jpg

"Hmmm... The Triffid is a most curious creature, naturally drawn towards magic. In the wilderness, it does satiate it's hunger with beings of magical properties, but here in laboratory environment, we can feed tonics to it to keep it satisfied and nourished. You can rest assured that he will be taken a good care of. You have shown him kindness he probably did not deserve, and for that I am thankful for that. And hmmm, yes, you can consider yourselves friends with the Guild from now on. Maybe when you gain more experience, you may even become a proper member, like some people from your organization have, hmmm."

"I am truly sorry, but have you followed the political atmosphere in this city lately? We at the Guild are not in friendly terms with the Bonapartes or the Ziegfrieds, and neither have the Eldritches ever been favorable to our trade. Hmmm, sending gifts to them would give a wrong signal to our allies at the Crescent Union, wouldn't you think? If that is all, I would like to call it a night."

"My parents always said that we should be kind to those we hurt accidentally, even if we don't like them so much. I'm sure you could just explain that to your friends. I'm sure they have mommies and daddies who taught them good things too. I don't know if I want to be friends with somebody who doesn't like to be a friend, but I'm sure that I will help you as our friendship grows."

I smile politely and kiss Madame Ladybug's hand.

heroicanpc-patriciacousland.jpg

"It was an eventful day, but order has been restored. I am pleased with your work, Heroicans. In these times of instability, this city needs people who can keep their heads straight. Rest well."

"Thank you, captain. You've been ever so kind. I'm sorry that you didn't get to see Torald's big bang, but I was a little worried that the slime men would kill us first before you could make it. There were so many of them and they were surprisingly well prepared for a fight. If all theieves are so well-equipped in this city, I can only imagine the job you have to do. You're almost like a hero too."

I kiss the captain's hand as well.

heroicaquest66-maitred.jpg

"We received the Triffid petals we came after, so Phoebe and I will be departing as well. It has been a pleasure, ladies gentlemen."

heroicaquest142-phoebe.jpg

"What? Aren't we going out to celebrate our victory?! Oh, bummer..."

"Thank you for your support in all this. I'm glad we could get you those leaves. I can't say I look forward to tasting whatever you prepare with them though. I don't usually eat the things I fight..."

My face scrunches up in disgust.

Turning to Phoebe,

"If we have a celebration in the hall, I'll be sure to invite you."

Phoebe gets a kiss on the hand too.

heroicaquest124-waldorf.jpg

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to take tomorrow off. I don't want to see another plant for a while! But before I forget, here are the emeralds I promised you as a reward. I couldn't have done this without you guys, so thank you!"

Passing Frau-Frau's head, I turn to Waldorf.

"Thank you for calling us. I liked working with you. Please call us any time you need help. We live to serve. Thank you for the gem too. I'm not sure I know what to do with it, but I'm sure someone would be very happy to have it."

Edited by Palathadric

Windus nods gratefully to all the people. "It has been a joruney, indeed. I shall see you all in the Hall. May your travels go well."

OoC: I seem to have lost my reputation with Ji Pei from the last quest. Is that in order?

QM Note: Yes, it was nullified when you got reputation with the Bonapartes. The two are mutually exclusive, as are Shadeaux & Hinckwells and Ziegfrieds & Guild of Invision.

~EPILOGUE~

After the heroes had left, Madame Ladybug was returning the Triffid into containment when she was intercepted.

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg

"Did they suspect anything?"

"Oh, Master! You took me by surprise you took me, hmmm... Sorry, I tend to slip into my U'kin manners when I get nervous. Well, they were suspicious about our motives, but I managed to convince them that the Triffid was created purely in the name of science."

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg

"Are you certain? If our plans leak into the ears of our opponents, the battle for this city might start before our preparations are complete. We would not want that. There is still much to do."

"Hmmm, these precautions we are taking... I have to say they seem a bit extreme. Aren't we trying to prevent a war rather than fall into one, hmmm?"

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg

"U'lalah, you are a fool if you think our adversaries are not also arming themselves and gathering troops as we speak. We must protect the two-hundred year history of our Guild at any means necessary!"

"I understand, Master, and I beg your forgiveness for doubting you. Hmmm, at least the little one is now safely back... The experiment was a success, as the Triffid was perfectly capable of tracking down its intended targets."

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg

"Excellent... With that kind of a trick up our sleeve, the mages of Eubric will finally bend knee before the power of science."

"Sleep well, my darlings."

heroicaquest142-epilogue.jpg