Dameronian

Poe X wing mods: no bands/retractable landing gear/full split wings

Thanks JPN and atlas,

Some pics with more blacked out engines and fuselage midsection, flared torpedo launchers, and cockpit with headrest and side consoles:

E77EDEEE-8405-4AD2-B53E-1FDD91327D8D_zps2argo5gs.jpg

4A17C1C8-FB7F-43E9-9495-5F2A5B8921EC_zps7pp45zke.jpg

12D2C5FF-9DB0-4AA2-93EB-8A9721CA9B70_zpsvtjibtia.jpg

B9A1E7FD-BB79-4511-B90B-1236EA9E6274_zpszy6tzfut.jpg

I made a few screenshots from the latest tv trailer, showing Black Leader moving foils to attack position, those wings aren't exactly thin...

668AA07F-F5BB-46C3-83AC-BB1C95F8C171.png_zpshbaforys.jpeg

65D6A595-B24B-42F8-BB9F-E50C207DC813.png_zpss60dl7ix.jpeg

I know it's been a while, but if you've still got that original prototype of the wing mechanism that you mocked up, I'd love to see a breakdown of it. I'm not skilled enough to figure out how you did it- my experience with mods is limited to replacing parts for availability and colour changes.

I know it's been a while, but if you've still got that original prototype of the wing mechanism that you mocked up, I'd love to see a breakdown of it. I'm not skilled enough to figure out how you did it- my experience with mods is limited to replacing parts for availability and colour changes.

Sadly no...but here are all the pics I took at the time, hope that helps, keep in mind those 2x3 plates should be the slopes on the sides of the engines:

image_zps8anuhbfq.jpeg

image_zpsxxrtbypb.jpeg

image_zps5ys3ztsj.jpeg

image_zpsqq0iliq8.jpeg

image_zpsyhimrl2c.jpeg

BAE3603E-B3C4-4A0B-9F80-8CA90417BDFE_zpsdeiw0jn6.jpg

A706464E-C052-4664-88DC-8CD474EE7043_zpsnzveg6mz.jpg

Right now I am having an issue with the lower wing sagging. I'm going with more of the Lego style wing, did you adjust the bottom wing for weight savings to keep it flush?

Right now I am having an issue with the lower wing sagging. I'm going with more of the Lego style wing, did you adjust the bottom wing for weight savings to keep it flush?

Did you add a conventional hinge on either side of the 4 stud wide hinge plate? I indeed had to add that for more friction. Also, the 12x2 orange plate of the rear wing should nicely fit in a recess in the top part, keeping things locked and level when the wings are closed. Good luck!

Edited to add: if you mean that the wing itself sags in relation to the engine cowling, have a close look at this pic; notice how the one stud wide orange plate under the 2X12 orange plate runs all the way to the craft's fuselage for stiffness:

F0725DCC-790E-44E7-A986-61B643045E33_zpstn3mk38j.jpg

Edited by Dameronian

I haven't yet - I will give that a shot to see if it works. As far as the wing goes, the break begins at the engine almost as if it is too heavy for the hinges. I will see where it goes after the hinges are added, hopefully that will make a difference.

To be fair, photobucket has worked just fine for over a decade, they just decided to basically hold everyone's pictures to ransom. Looks like a good way to loose 99% of customers to me

On 01/07/2017 at 5:39 PM, LegendaryArticuno said:

Damn... people need to learn to use imgur.com

That's what I'm doing now. I got fed up with all the clickbait ads upon logging in.

On 01/07/2017 at 8:23 PM, Flandy said:

To be fair, photobucket has worked just fine for over a decade, they just decided to basically hold everyone's pictures to ransom. Looks like a good way to loose 99% of customers to me

Problem is that you can't access them in your account, meaning they're gone UNLESS you pay them. If you could get them in photobucket but not on other sites that's still slightly understandable, but this...

Sorry for being offtopic.