The Aestwäld Saga 7 - Preparations

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3a

Chapter 3b

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

After having just received a call for aid from Drond's Feelds, Beorthan has mobilised the forces of the Trifork. As they are making their preparations, he has asked his wife Mariana to join him and Drake for a walk through the city.

"…therefore, I will head the cavalry to join forces with Lord Alric, and Drake will take the infantry south to stop any forces from moving through our lands. In the meantime, you will handle matters here, Mary."

Mariana and Drake both nod, as they follow Beorthan through the narrow canal streets of the lakeside quarter.

22281663375_bc9d06bd8b_c.jpg

"However, there are some things we need to discuss before we leave. As you both know, the Trifork has come out of the Kaliphlin civil war stronger than ever. Our economy is booming, and our troops are experienced and battle-hardened. However, we cannot stand alone."

As they pass a small bridge, Drake chimes in: "I agree. The situation in Kaliphlin is still uncertain - with the High Council holed up in their cities, and the Desert King already proclaiming his triumph, we have a mess at our borders. Not to talk of the trouble brewing in the Darklands…"

Mariana continues with a frown: "Further, the situation amongst our own ranks is shaky at best. With the lords of Avalonia having backed different sides in the war, animosity and distrust has been sparked. The trouble to the south may end up being the least of our problems."

Pausing to greet a townsperson passing by, Beorthan agrees: "My analysis is the same, my friends. Therefore, we need to reach out to all and every ally we have. This task will fall upon you, my love - I have no doubt you can handle that, as well as the daily management of the city."

Mariana and Beorthan exchange a loving glance.

"When you were elected Lord Mayor, I knew these duties would fall upon me in times of need. Things will be taken care of, as I long for your return…"

Returning her smile, Beorthan continues with a serious tone:

"I want emissaries sent out at speed. Our allies in the High Council must be reassured that the might and wealth of the Trifork will continue to back any decision they may take on Kaliphlinite matters."

"I concur. The High Council best represents the interests of the free Kaliphlinite cities, the people, and the merchants; and as such too the interests of the Trifork. Not to mention the atrocities and despotism of the Desert King…" Drake adds.

Mariana ponders for a second: "I will send riders to the MacLeans in Eastgate; to Lord Gideon in Barqa; to Lord DaMaximus of Mpya Stedor; and to the pockets of resistance in and around the Nestlands. From there, word can be spread of our continued allegiance."

Both Drake and Beorthan nods.

"Further, it is imperative that we reestablish diplomatic relations to Lord Vladivus of Shadowmere. He has shown friendship before, and we are not to let down our friends now. Reassure him that having backed different factions in the Kaliphlinite civil war changes nothing. He may count on our alliance and continued support of his resistance in Nocturnus."

Mariana seems to be taking mental note of the instruction and nods.

"It will be so. Lastly, I will send a messenger to our Lord Regents, Simon of Nalderic and de Gothia of Benoic, expressing our concerns on the current political situation in Avalonia."

"I'd suggest we invite them here to discuss the situation in person, the matter being of a somewhat delicate nature…" Drake suggests.

"Such will be our agreement. Mylady, you will see to the city, while Drake and I prepare to depart. I shall return to bid you farewell before I leave."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yet another build for the Aestwäld saga. This is mainly a story build, so forgive me the picture to text ratio - I simply had a lot of things to get done before Beorthan leaves the city to aid Alric.

I hope my shameless namedropping will be forgiven - I plan to post builds with the messengers later. (Meaning that the implied VIP's will also see the exact messages sent to them from the Trifork.)

C&C is, as always, more than welcome. This collab is turning out to be funnier than I expected! :grin:

Wow, your citizens seem to be incredible happy ;)

Great architecture here, I really like the roof on the right. With these canals the Trifork really adds something new to the Avalonian cities.

Sorry Im late to the party on this. Nice archetecture and canal work. You two are doing great keep it up.

Very pretty build, reminds me of one of Gideon's older builds. The lady shaking the rug is a nice touch :thumbup:

Excellent architecture on the sand green house :classic:

Good view of a city borough, I like the idea of the canal. Good build.

And great story ! What will happen ! New people involved ! The saga becomes bigger ! I can't wait to see how it will evolve !

Trifork is turning out to be such an interesting city! Nice to see the Kaliphlin influences again and although I sometimes don't have the time to read every story, I'm glad I had time to read this one. Nicely done!

Thanks, all.

I did enjoy this small build, although it was mainly a way to allow me to tell the story. Was fun to build though, and I too like the result. :classic:

Wow, your citizens seem to be incredible happy ;)

Great architecture here, I really like the roof on the right. With these canals the Trifork really adds something new to the Avalonian cities.

The Trifork has been relatively unscarred by the recent conflicts, and the troops have returned, most of them safely, so there is really no need for gloomy moods! :wink:

And thanks - Located at the banks of a great lake, it is expected that part of the thriving city will expand out into the water.

Great build! Love the bridges! Looking forward to more of the collab (and the messenger builds!).

Thanks, Vlad! You latest build had me a bit worried about our alliance, but I shall be looking forward to your response to the message to come! :wink:

Very pretty build, reminds me of one of Gideon's older builds. The lady shaking the rug is a nice touch :thumbup:

Excellent architecture on the sand green house :classic:

Thanks, SK. In fact, I was very inspired by one of his Valyrian builds - I simply forgot to mention it - and now I can't find the link. However, it had more or less the same layout, although on a larger scale and a different class! :sweet:

I love how that sand green house turned out too.

Good view of a city borough, I like the idea of the canal. Good build.

And great story ! What will happen ! New people involved ! The saga becomes bigger ! I can't wait to see how it will evolve !

Thanks, Faladrin - The Trifork is a very diverse city, and it is fun to show the different districts! :sweet:

Glad you like the story too - it was really meant to be the star of this build! :tongue:

It will be fun to see who and how people responds, when I get the messenger builds up!

Trifork is turning out to be such an interesting city! Nice to see the Kaliphlin influences again and although I sometimes don't have the time to read every story, I'm glad I had time to read this one. Nicely done!

And to think it all started with an Aslanic temple! (More or less :tongue: )

Located at the border of Kaliphlin, the influence is obvious in many details and buildings of the city. On top of that, it is organised more like a city state than a feudal realm so typical for Avalonia.

Happy you took the time to read it - and even more that you enjoyed it! :thumbup: