Hello everyone!!.

So i´ve been an X-Wing fanatic since i was 5. And when i got my 9493 about 3 years ago i was pretty happy,but since i bought it something felt wrong.

I started doing Mods when we first saw 75102,one mod lead to another and well here it is thus far.

I did Luke´s X-Wing since his color scheme it´s my favorite,also some mods are not my ideas i took a lot of inspiration from marchetti36´s X-Wing so credit to him.I won´t use this background since i don´t like it,i´ll take proper photos when it´s finished.

22484480392_43c283b8a9_c.jpg22310192108_fc472907c6_c.jpg

So most of what i´ve done are color changes(some of the pieces here are temporary,and will be changed) and some other one´s for example it has the structural changes to use 75102 Windshield. This color scheme is based after several models that seem accurate to the Movie-Prop.Unfortunally i wasn´t abble to brick-built the gray line next to the Tan marks,if i found a way to use bricks there i´ll use that but for now it´s painted :/

22309942590_8c117a195e_c.jpg

21875159214_03fdd3c3d2_c.jpg

The cocpit has been modified to look a bit more accurate,it has more controls & a control stick,also has storage for the lightsaber hilt.

21875158274_5f305d2aeb_c.jpg

The back was one of the ugliest parts IMO so i cover the Technic holes(in a pretty cheap way) and made the back of the main body accurate,The mechanism is fully functional.

22309939130_69cbec3d3b_c.jpg

The R2 unit now sits horizontally !!

22309940150_9f0e1f44d0_c.jpg

Also re-did the greeble( i didn´t knew you could fit a stud beetween two hinge bricks).

13140538665_0350021277_c.jpg

That´s the reference photo i used for the greeble.

21876690023_2a1bc8bab7_c.jpg

Here´s a Break-down of how i did the greeble for those of you that want to built it.

22471883396_5d7808f0f9_c.jpg

22484471162_c8e96a8182_c.jpg

21875151754_deb14508ed_c.jpg

And i added an UCS style stand.

Hope you like the MOD´s so far,i´ll be updating this topic everytime i do some progress so stay tuned.

If you have any suggestion i´ll be happy to hear it.

Regards.

-Prime.

Looks great! I've also been modding 9493, and I've found it a very fun and interesting challenge. One question, did you change the wing mechanism at all? I want to re-do fine, but I don't feel like there's enough depth to achieve everything I want to do. Also, How did you make the stand? It looks amazing. I would love to make some kind of stand like that foe mine as well.

Hello FTG Prime, if you use half technic pins and put them in the technic holes and then put the 4 wedgeplates on it I think it looks better. To be honest from all the mods I like you're UCS style stand the most

Looks great! I've also been modding 9493, and I've found it a very fun and interesting challenge. One question, did you change the wing mechanism at all? I want to re-do fine, but I don't feel like there's enough depth to achieve everything I want to do. Also, How did you make the stand? It looks amazing. I would love to make some kind of stand like that foe mine as well.

Thanks!!Yeah it's quite fun,not at all it's the same mechanism as TLG the only diference is now it rotates with that Technic wheel and the rubber bands are hidden.It's really simple it uses a couple Technic bricks i just added wedge bricks & tiles to look fancy :D.It connects in a similiar way to the UCS TIE.I can do a LDD File if you want...

Hello FTG Prime, if you use half technic pins and put them in the technic holes and then put the 4 wedgeplates on it I think it looks better. To be honest from all the mods I like you're UCS style stand the most

Thanks !! I tried to do that but because now i used a pin to support the Rubber Bands(which are hidden)it only has one pin-hole available and the wedge plate ends up pretty loose :/

I'll see what i can do.

Edited by FTG Prime

Did you buy 75102 windscreen already ?

Yes it's on the way...

You modification on the 9493 looks great, but the backside(The place where the knob placed to activate the S-foils) looks a bit unfinished to me.

Thanks ! Yeah seems unfinished to me too i might add a couple of grille tiles.

Hello everyone.

I´ve done more mods since the last update.

22641637645_8a90ec52b4_c.jpg

I moved the landing gear to a more accurate position,i took the technic axle assembly off and give it a new propuse...

22453721540_5922b2d923_c.jpg

Now you can keep the lightsaber bar there...

22018868674_8759cedf76_c.jpg

I think it is less noticeable now.

22453723950_a7cfedec23_b.jpg

Here´s with an X-Wing model(note the landing gear position)also did some minor color changes.

And finally and most noticeable... i´ve been tile-ing up the wings and finally found a solution for the engines (original idea by

)

22628097612_e38037aef5_c.jpg

I know the engines looks ugly but i just wanted the basic structure(did this structure on ldd and it worked fine) to look like this...

21110532609_2ddfc2d472_c.jpg

Those engines looks beautiful right ?? photo by:Riskjockey

So yeah i´ll be ordering all the parts on Monday so i hope to have this finished soon.

Hope you enjoy it

Regards

-Prime.

Looks great! I have fully tiled wings on mine, and I can't imagine going back. I absolutely love the engine design as wel! I saw something similar and I wanted to implement it on mine. Maybe I'll use this as inspiration. What more do you have to do?

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Looks great! I have fully tiled wings on mine, and I can't imagine going back. I absolutely love the engine design as wel! I saw something similar and I wanted to implement it on mine. Maybe I'll use this as inspiration. What more do you have to do?

Thanks yeah tile wings rock |m|

Basiclly i need to tile all the wings and implement the engines,other than that i'm just waiting for some orders to arrive.

Nice one, but is the structure of the new engine is stable enough to swooshing?

Yes it is pretty swooshable,atleast my take on it(of course it still needs all the fancy cylinders,it's going to be more stable with those).IDK about RiskJockey's Edited by FTG Prime

Hello people !!!

So i´ve made some more changes(mostly esthetic) to 9493.

Also most of my orders will arrive next week so expect the final model soon.

22212927203_c1073f4638_c.jpg

So looking at some Models and the In-Movie prop i noticed that the nose is white and not LBG so i changed that and honestly i love it.

Also the structure of all four wings are ready to get the new engines.I´m pretty happy with the wings as they´re really stable and somewhat swooshable.

22212927303_4ca10d6214_c.jpg

And finally i added the spiral pattern on the two cannons,it´s not brick build but i like how it looks and cosidering that TLG sometimes uses stickers instead of building details i find this fair.

So there you have it guys,I´m currently working on other W.I.P SW MOC´s that i may post here if you guys want.

Hope you all are having a fantastic week.

Regards.

-Prime

Edited by FTG Prime

I like the look of this, can you tell us, or post pics of how you connected the dbg angled plates to the rear of the fuselage ? Where the turny thing is that activates the wings. It looks very similar to how I modded my 9493, but it looks like they are sitting more flush with the rear than I could get mine. I used 2x2 bracket pieces (not sure of part no.) and it causes the dbg angled plates to sit a mm or so off the main body.

I like the look of this, can you tell us, or post pics of how you connected the dbg angled plates to the rear of the fuselage ? Where the turny thing is that activates the wings. It looks very similar to how I modded my 9493, but it looks like they are sitting more flush with the rear than I could get mine. I used 2x2 bracket pieces (not sure of part no.) and it causes the dbg angled plates to sit a mm or so off the main body.

Hello

I think you mean the 2x2x2 slopes right ?

If so it's just upside down building.

I recently finished the X-Wing the new thread is called [MOD] Red Five 9493

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120602#entry2456829

Edited by FTG Prime

Hello

I think you mean the 2x2x2 slopes right ?

If so it's just upside down building.

I recently finished the X-Wing the new thread is called [MOD] Red Five 9493

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120602#entry2456829

Ah ok I'll take a look, I'm talking about the flat dark grey plates with the angle edges, mine are connected with bracket pieces that I built into the rear of the ship, but because of that, I can't get them to sit flush with the rear. You seem to have managed to do that well. I couldn't think of any other way that would allow the technical axle to protrude