Vladivus leant back wearily against the tree trunk. Had it really come to an end on this muddy field? He frowned. This territory was Shadowmere's, but a few leagues from the city gates, and a routine patrol had marched purposefully along the road.

It had started further back, where well placed crossbow bolts had begun to whittle the Shadowmere Guard numbers. Only Vladivus' elite Knights of the Inner Keep, with their heavy armour and shields had managed to withstand the bolts. All this whilst an enemy remained unseen. The scouts should have warned the patrol of the crossbowmen, but, alas, the answer had come around the next bend. Corpses littered the road, Shadowmere scouts, foul things written in their blood. A few hundred metres on, and an ambush was sprung. Vladivus, alongside Krell, and the Knights of the Inner Keep, threw back several waves of Hand of Corruption forces.

They had seemed to be winning. A bellowing roar, and a warrior dressed in black armour, a tattered white cloak fluttering from his shoulders, wielding a mighty black halberd and cracking whip entered the fray, and the battle began to turn.

22334901905_fcc1b3e66f_c.jpg

The warrior had fought his way unerringly to Krell and Vladivus, his whip coiling tight around the former. As the whip bound tighter around Krell, his arms were pinioned, and a swift thrust of the warrior's halberd had finished the Necromancer. Vladivus didn't remember much after that, glimpses of a burning fiery portal where Krell had stood, consuming Krell's lifeforce and dragging him to the hell from whence he had come. The death of Krell had rendered the few remaining Zombies present virtually catatonic.

A crunch of footsteps brought Vladivus' attention to the present. He feebly grasped for his sword, but the wound in his side, and the hundreds of Spire warriors made the act of defiance die in his throat.

21712144004_67bfde7c5d_c.jpg

The warrior spoke, his voice a growl.

"So this is the mighty Shadowmere then. Fallin' like runts o' a litter. I am Catastros, Captain of the Black Spire, 'n' I've a message for ye. Take yer snivelling half-blood scrawny Lordship back ter the other runts in the Resistance and tell them to kneel before the Spire or be crushed. You'll find no mercy a seccond time if yer pick the latter mind."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So next part in the collab. Not everything is going the Resistance's way! Fairly simple build, mainly to try a different ground technique, thus more story than build orientated. C+C welcome!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Oh no! Not the brave lord Vladivus! I blame myself to have not marched out at the right time to arrive to your rescue. I assume this means Shadowmere is now under siege.

That tree is well done. Nice to see the werewolf introduced as new enemy warrior.

When I saw this build on flickr, I was worrying we had a George R. R. Martin moment on our hands! However, reading about it here, I feared for a moment something much worse! That Vladivus was about to change sides! :cry_sad: Luckily, that does not seem to be the case :blush:

Nice little build - the landscaping is nice, and I quite like the tree. Of course, the minifigs and the posing is outstanding too, and the story was quite captivating and dramatic - keep it up!

Very nice build and twist to the story Lord Vladivus, and as JN mentioned, that twisted tree is excellent! :thumbup:

Nice build, Lord Vladivus!

That tree is particularly interesting! The landscape is also nicely done.

The story leaves us waiting for more... :classic:

Nice build ! It serves well the story.

And what a story ! I can't wait... ! I want to know what Shadowmere will become !

Man I'm kinda shaken up seeing Vladivus on his knees at the edge of a sword. Great job capturing the hopelessness of our struggle.

Awesome terrain Vlad! Nice story too! It's nice to finally see another build from you.

Very fitting Nocturnus landscape. The bits of rock look nice as do your warrior combos :thumbup:

Sad twist to the Nocturnus resistance against the Black Spire.

Excellent build! The dark orange and olive green in the landscape look nice, and I like the bits of rock :thumbup:

Cool tree too :classic: