CrispyBassist

[MOC] Dumpster Truck with Trailer

Typically trains are my thing, but those take a while so in between I like to build city vehicles.

This one's been on the shelf for a while and it's finally reached an iteration that I'm happy with. The truck is the cab from 4203 modded a la 4434 into a roll off dumpster truck. I wanted to utilze the hook lift arm piece from 4564 and 6353, so I built a hooklift trailer to go with.

21856994684_bac469bedd_z.jpgDumpster Truck with Trailer by Matt Csenge, on Flickr

22292875619_9ff18fb294_z.jpgRoll Off Truck by Matt Csenge, on Flickr

21858519953_3fbdf50321_z.jpgHooklift Trailer by Matt Csenge, on Flickr

More pics are on my Flickr. Comments and criticisms welcome!

Now there's a nice truck.

Love the trailer and the "roll off" mechanism.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

The model looks good. I was surprised to find out that trailers like that actually exist, I was just about to tell you that typically trailers for hook-lift trucks don't have their own hook mechanism. ;)

Though I prefer larger trucks this is done very well, I really love its playability. :thumbup: Must admit that I didn't know that nice hook part on the trailer.

By using a Technic mini actuator you might get the hydraulic cylinder working, too.

Thanks for all the likes guys!

I was surprised to find out that trailers like that actually exist

I was pleasantly surprised too! I've got two of those arms and really wanted to put them to use somewhere. The hooklift truck was one iteration of this MOC that I didn't quite like though.

By using a Technic mini actuator you might get the hydraulic cylinder working, too.

Not a bad idea... I dunno where I could hide all the other Technic bits for it though. I do have one of the small pneumatic cylinders at home...