mqbui1

Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle -- Black Edition

Indeed it was just a matter of time, although Lynx beat you to it if you look in the 2015 rumours thread.

None the less, awesome work mate :) Really like the changes done to the front.

Did you start from scratch, or mod the DBG version?

Looks good. Can the wings fold up for landing mode still?

Yep, this model retains the functionalities of the original.

Indeed it was just a matter of time, although Lynx beat you to it if you look in the 2015 rumours thread.

None the less, awesome work mate :) Really like the changes done to the front.

Did you start from scratch, or mod the DBG version?

I modded the DBG version but looking back now, I should of just started from scratch since 99% of the model has been updated/changed. Thanks!

Excellent MOD! The black color look so much better. I will start from scratch then, maybe even build a white one...

Hi mqbui1, that's a vast improvement on the original model. I hope you don't mind but I've embedded one of the photos in your original post so that everyone can view it without having to use the hyperlink :classic: It will be interesting to see how it looks in white......

That's what it really should have looked like. Nice job on the redesign, I like the combination of black with the trans red and the V wings.

Good work!

Looks awesome! The colour scheme and wings transfer the (in my opinion) bland and mediocre model into a fantastic set! Very sleek, menacing and worthy of major villain :)

Looks awesome! The colour scheme and wings transfer the (in my opinion) bland and mediocre model into a fantastic set! Very sleek, menacing and worthy of major villain :)

It's a shame the DBG bits can't be transformed to black though eh, it's essentially like buying another shuttle (don't get me wrong though, I will be doing it soon ;))

I'm wondering, what's the most efficient way to order the parts from the set in black or trans red on Bricklink or Pick a Brick without having to match each part one by one?

I'm wondering, what's the most efficient way to order the parts from the set in black or trans red on Bricklink or Pick a Brick without having to match each part one by one?

It really depends how much of it you want to convert into the black color. For example, if you are OK with the interior being the same and are OK with bits of grey appearing in certain parts of the model then you wouldn't need to buy every piece in black. For me, I wanted everything to be switched over to black. I didn't want any grey pieces to show on the model at all. Even the technic beams that you usually wouldn't notice in the original color scheme will show up once you start converting the other parts to black. If you truly want a consistent all black look, I recommend switching as much as you can over to black.

Hope this helps,

Marc

It really depends how much of it you want to convert into the black color. For example, if you are OK with the interior being the same and are OK with bits of grey appearing in certain parts of the model then you wouldn't need to buy every piece in black. For me, I wanted everything to be switched over to black. I didn't want any grey pieces to show on the model at all. Even the technic beams that you usually wouldn't notice in the original color scheme will show up once you start converting the other parts to black. If you truly want a consistent all black look, I recommend switching as much as you can over to black.

Hope this helps,

Marc

Does your hatches swing open? If so, what parts did you use?