Scorch93

[MOC] [WIP] Utapau - Hangar 10

Hello everyone!

Today I decided to post my WIP - Project "Utapau Hangar 10" from Star Wars Episode 3 on Eurobricks.

If someone doesn't know what "Hangar 10" is, he can have a look on this page right here: http://starwars.wiki.../wiki/Hangar_10

What is going to be built exactly and what is already built?

I want to build the whole Hangar, with all four stages within the hangarbay. Also I want to give it a hull round the hangar. In front of that, I want to manage it, to install two Republic Gunships, that are attacking the hangar. There will be a lot of figs by the way . At the moment I'm having about 100 or more 212th. legion clonetroopers, they just need weapons and more opponents, because my droid army looks like a very small militia compaired to the clones at the moment.

Maybe, when the gods are good, I can manage it, to install some LED's, so the whole setting might get a little bit more "epicness-flair", meaning lights on each stage and something like that. (But I will think about it, when the time is right.)

I have already built the three lower decks, only the top-floor is missing at the moment. The height of the Moc itself is nearly reached in my opinion, just the hull on the top will make it a little higher. (it's now reaching my hip, standing next to it)

Well, about the Moc itself ... I'm already building on it since July I guess, with bigger pauses throughout the progress, because of university, so this project will take me a long time, before I will finish it.

To be honest with you guys, I know, it's just big at the moment, nothing about special details and stuff, but I will manage that afterwards, when I have finished the plattforms within the hangar itself and the hangarwalls on eitherside.

I would be really thankful, if you would give me some feedback, to improve my technics or give me any other suggestions on what I can do, to make this project each time posting a little bit better. :)

I hope I didn't forget anything to say about the project, so here are the pictures, hope you enjoy it.

(btw.: made the pics with my cellphone camera, so the quality isn't that good. Also I hadn't a white sheet or something laying around to cover the backround. Next time I will fix that.)

Best regards,

Scorch

gallery_5516_6317_54325.jpg

Here's the frontview.

gallery_5516_6317_67063.jpg

The top-floor is going to be attached right there, where you can see the upper light grey stripe between the two dark grey walls on top of each other .

gallery_5516_6317_58865.jpg

The second floor.

gallery_5516_6317_82039.jpg

The third floor, including one of the three planned wheelbikes. I want to mention that these columns weren't there in the movie, but without them, the whole construction would collapse. I will see to that, to exclude them if possible.If not, I have to think of another solution.

gallery_5516_6317_64445.jpg

The platforms from below. (I will fix that, looks a little bit unfinished to be honest.)

gallery_5516_6317_52268.jpg

The fourth floor.

gallery_5516_6317_7810.jpg

The Moc from above.

gallery_5516_6317_84537.jpg

Sideview. As you can see, the hull should get a bent form, just like in the movie, that's why the wall looks so unfinished jet.

Edited by Scorch93

This sounds very promising! One of my favorite locations in the prequels, possibly even for the whole saga. I can't wait to se your progress with this MOC!

gallery_5516_6317_52268.jpg

Very nice idea and moc bro, but dat floor is really super bent. My suggetsion to male floating floor is to look at the instruction of the death star 10188 and see how the floors are made. They are very sturdy and unbendable...

Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

@Kir Kanos: Yeah, already have seen what you mean. I'll fix that, the next time I start building. But thanks for the tip, I was looking for a long time, to find a way that withstands the heavy weight of the Moc. I haven't found something useful so far.

@JackoBoy: Yes, me too. Another rerason why I wanted to build something of Utapau is because of that. :)

@LA: Yes, it's a really great designed set, can't argue with that.

@BC: Thanks buddy!

@cjd: To be honest, I loved this part in epiosde 3. In my opinion it is the most impressive scene in the whole movie. Except for the part where Anakin and Obi- Wan are rescuing the chancellor from the Invsible Hand. :)

Kind regards,

Scorch

Looks like a great scene in the works! Keep it up! Any chance you'll include some Pau'ans in the midst? Curious to see how you represent the spider droids and the separatist leaders.

@Finnmoses: In fact I' have already built a Spiderdroid prototype in minifig scale, but I don't have the parts to build more of them right now. I think about 4-6 of them would fit into the project perfectly. About the Pau'ans I must say, that it would be a great idea if I got there any good minifig heads which I could use. At the moment I don't have a clue which head I could use to make a good kitbash.

I can't remind myself seeing even one of these aliens acting during the battle in Hangar 10, but that wouldn't mean I could not show them in the project. I will think about that - thanks for the tipp. :)

@Rishab: Thanks, I'll keep up the work to show you more progress as soon as possible. :)

Kind regards,

Scorch

Hi guys!

I thank you all very much for your response, and especially the one who gave me the tip with the instructions of the Deathstar Set, really nice building techniques are in there, that I could use in some sort of way on this project. :)

I have recently added some things to my project, I hope you like it.

Next step would be the finishing of the sidewalls, it still needs some bricks, but not that many.

I'll add some slopes, so that the ship hull is able to rest on these bricks then, beacuse without it, it swings a little bit to much in the moment ... like an old tree without leaves. @_@

After that, the scaffolding on top should be the next point on my list to finish.

Then the hull of the ship hangar is going to get the missing plates, well ...

In case the building doesn't collapse after adding the enumerated points, I'll get started with the interior, adding a lot of details and stuff.

If you have any suggestions on how to do that, or what you think that must be built in it, let me know. :)

In short, here are the pictures. (I have to excuse myself for the bad lighting and the quality of the pics)

Kind reagards,

Scorch

gallery_5516_6317_2906.jpg

gallery_5516_6317_32483.jpg

gallery_5516_6317_33722.jpg

gallery_5516_6317_57466.jpg

gallery_5516_6317_11984.jpg

My dear friends of Lego!

Many thanks for your feedback. I want to apologize that I let you wait so long got an answer on my part.

Well, the curved outer shell had to be changed in the form, because unfortunately it was too soft on the one hand (the plates have begun to bend a little) on the other hand, it would have been to difficult to attach it to the "core" hangar itself. In short, therefore, the whole thing had to be straightened out somewhat, unfortunately.

So, there is again a huge step forward. The hangar itself is now chest high (!) ('m 1.79m tall), actually very large.

Solely I have worked a bit on the stability, because the outer shell still wobbles too much at the moment. But this should not cause that much of a trouble and should be solved soon.

My next step, the completion of these gray walls on the outside to the left and right, and a way must also be found, that these stone walls close up with the shell plates. The same is going to happen for the hangar insides, but this step has to wait for a while, because today my stones stock has early left the service.

Well, it is missing as you can see, only a handful of plates to complete the outer shell.

Before I forget - I have found somewhere on the internet - I don't know where, found areally great build of a Crab-droid, but unfortunately, I don't know to whom the credit goes to, but if someone know's the original builder by seeing this moc, I could edit the builders name in here. - As already said, So I didn't invent it on my own, I just changed a few parts, that's all.

The builder, if he should see this, can be honored, because he has created a wonderful droid. ;)

Oh yes, my idea was to examine the inside of the hangar, so peculiar it may sound, lined with 6x10er plates in dark gray to sow about these plates then with any details (Greebles ??). My question to you: Is it worth it, or should I rather think about another solution on this?

Well, in case I forget something,let me know and: I'm glad about every comment like mad, particularly on the improvement suggestions, criticism and things like that.. :)

So, now the images.

Kind Regards,

Scorch

PS: Here the link to my flickr album:

Looking good . this reminds me

Obi-wan: what is your favourite level in this game?

Tion medon : 10th level

Obi-wan: Why?

Tion Medon: THOUSANDS of battledroids.

Well guys, here's the next update:

@atlas: Yeah, I liked that scene too. :D

Due to some problems about the statics and stuff I had to put everything down to the ground level.

Before starting blabberin' too much stuff, see for yourself and please leave me a comment or some criticism and stuff. :D

Kind regards,

Scorch

Edited by Scorch93

This looks great, I've never seen a moc of this seen. It's one of my favourite moments in the starwars saga. Super excited to see finished work.

About the Pau'ans I must say, that it would be a great idea if I got there any good minifig heads which I could use. At the moment I don't have a clue which head I could use to make a good kitbash.

Lego have actually made a Pau'an in the form of the grand inquisitor, though his lego head is a bit scowly for a fleeing citizen.

They used to sell his head on bricks and pieces for 20p but I am not sure if they still do.

Wow you have made some awesome progress on this. I recently bought the palpatine hologram microfig, and my friend mentioned how good it would look with Cody holding it. You should check out minifigs4u's cody as an option to add in here. Can't wait to see what more you do with this.