rm8

[MOCS] Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 Series

Hi,

I decided to open my global Toyota Land cruiser FJ 40 series topic. I did not stopped with two (red and green), so dont want to create new topic for every modification.

That is not a secret, I am fan of Toyota and LEGO both! I think, Toyota LC is one of those things, that makes you want to go far from wifi, LEGO and other civil crap...

Since the time I have built first FJ40, I dreamed to do such short film of LC in the wild. So here are 4 L-Crusiers and some extra stuff (if you can notice that).

Hope you like this short adventure thru my living place in Russia.

QGbpLJm---g.jpg

Edited by rm8

They are beautiful! I personally like the green pickup truck the best. I guess it reminds me of my grandparents old truck.

Very good atmospheric video, thanks for The Adventure! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am afraid, I have just got inspiration... :classic:

Gerogeous models. I also like the pickup the best, especially that color scheme makes up for it (reminds me john deere machines :D ) Excellent video as well.

So awesome video :thumbup: Towing the car and the boat were my favorite parts of it and your living place looks nice, pretty much same like some places in my country :sweet: And of course those FJ 40s are so cool lookin' and everyone of them is a masterpiece! Excellent work, sir :classic:

Those great MOCs deserved such a great video. Hat off to you for putting in so much effort! Extremely well done! I enjoyed every second of it :-)

My all time favorite off-road vehicle. We've had 3 of these in the family for years, and have taken them on trips all through Europe over the past 20 years. So damn amazing.

Would you consider making instructions? I would pay well to be able to create one of these for myself. My father is coming to visit me here in the US come December, and I

know he would jump through the ceiling if I handed him some instructions, and he'd slowly come to realize the full model as he flips through the pages.

This is just awesome.

Great little movie! I love how you went out to the great outdoors around to you film this, can't get enough of it :)

On the topic of instructions, did you already / will you publish details for the improved front axle in the blue one (at 1:58)?

Great models there! Enjoyed seeing them together in such a well filmed and edited video. Well done! The shot with the street lights at night was perfect and made the scale of the car look like real. Ready for the winter version :)

everytime I watch it I simply fall in love again and again for these models!! Simple wonderfull!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'll build the red one for sure! Maybe few mods here and there by really stunning models anyway!!

Some really nice looking models there. Are they all built on the same design of chassis or are they all completely different. Also that video and the whole atmosphere; lovely and really well done. Thank you for sharing these models with us.

Thank you guys for kind words, I will answer you questions tomorrow :classic:

My techncal assistant have something else for you, but later :wub:

BHDIm-ucCGk.jpg

Edited by rm8

How has blue's front axle been modified? I've noticed by building that axle does have some sideways wobble

Hi,

Thanks for creating this amazing MOC and give us free instructions.

I am waiting for some parts arriving, can't wait to build it:)

Cool video! LIke from me on youtube.

I also speak Russian;)

Thank you for feedback. I am relly happy that viewers feel the atmosphere that I wanted to share. :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

I like it! Very high quality models! What about building of TLC 80? Do you want to build it?

TLC 80 seems to rounded for me to build it in Bricks. + I dont fall in love with it yet to build it)

My all time favorite off-road vehicle. We've had 3 of these in the family for years, and have taken them on trips all through Europe over the past 20 years. So damn amazing.

Would you consider making instructions? I would pay well to be able to create one of these for myself. My father is coming to visit me here in the US come December, and I

know he would jump through the ceiling if I handed him some instructions, and he'd slowly come to realize the full model as he flips through the pages.

This is just awesome.

Great little movie! I love how you went out to the great outdoors around to you film this, can't get enough of it :)

On the topic of instructions, did you already / will you publish details for the improved front axle in the blue one (at 1:58)?

Some really nice looking models there. Are they all built on the same design of chassis or are they all completely different. Also that video and the whole atmosphere; lovely and really well done. Thank you for sharing these models with us.

How has blue's front axle been modified? I've noticed by building that axle does have some sideways wobble

I wil do instructions for pickup and troop carrier later, as I have free time.

All 4 models are similar, but long version have small differences at rear axle.

As for front axle - it was improved for better articulation and little bit higher clearance.

Long versions also have a really useful imrovement: Battery block/LiPo is fully hidden under front seats. It makes hard (but possible) to change batteries and connect the wire. But in the same time weight distributution is better with lower center of gravity, and free pickup bed / troppy baggage compartment.

Edited by rm8

Hi there,

I have built fj40 cabrio and it looks gorgeous!

I found some mistake in fj40cabrio part list. There are shoud be 8 (32002 pin 3/4) not 7, I double checked it.

And I replaced black pin (2780) to this one (3673) because of squeaking sound in steering gear. (step 2, page 176).

Thought it may be useful for someone.

Thanks rm8 for this creation, it is stunning!