FestiVal

[HELP] 42009 Outrigger Problem

Hello.

I am building the 42009 and have some issues with the outrigger. I am have just finished book 2 and noticed that the front section and back section are working in opposite direction. When i push the back outriggers in, the ones in front come out. I have dismantled it partially and studyed the instructions, but i can figure out where the fault lies. Does anybody have a quick fix or is it just to start all over...?

It sounds like you have the gears swapped, just make sure all the gears are right. Your not along, a lot of people have had this problem before.

It's the tan gears on the top of the boom units. Follow the gear train back from the small linear actuator until you just get past the small 8 tooth gear set, then you will have two tan gears. Swap the tan gear on the axle that is parallel to the small gears. But one boom unit only.

Been there, swapped the tan gears direction too. :wink:

To no avail, although I got the outriggers function to work in the proper direction, it seems that the function has too much friction. :sceptic:

Edited by L3gonut

Still can't figure this out. Its not the movement of the up and down function on the outriggers, but the in and out movement. I have followed the gearline as good as possible, but can't find any mistakes according to the instructions. How can i swap direction on the tan gears? Its like i need to reverse one of the outrigger units to get the right direction on the axles... Does anyone have a picture or reference to where in the instruction i might have gone wrong?

Place your tan gears of the outriggers correctly. See page 126 and 127 for the correct position of the tan gears. Left outside, right inside. And see page 164 and 165 for the right position of the tan gears of the front outrigger. This should do the trick.

Edited by 71redclimacool