Vader

New City Set Pics for 2008

The first thought that struck me when I first saw 7726, was "Jack Stone". Seriously. :-/

I blame the color, because the oversized truck actually features some nifty details, despite it's simple build. It's the first set to sport orange train gates, it's the first set to feature white car doors in a loooong time, and it has the proportions of the Unimog, itself a vehicle used for this type of operations and eqipment.

It is oversized, though. It will take deep meditation and hard concentration to overlook that - it somehow just doesn't appeal to me, reach out to me, like previous limited sets did. It will probably grow on me, but... :-(

Quick edit: It is growing on me! Fast! I suddenly spotted some more details, and then I spot some more, and the more I like it. :-)

On the other hand, the new impulse sets are shouting at me to buy them. *y*

Edited by Freddie

Thanks a lot for the pictures! *y*

The Impulse line seems to be getting better and better! They are perfect little sets for minifigures and smaller parts. However, I have never seen something quite like the first set (5620). *wacko* Can anybody give me a real world representation?

The new coast guard truck and boat has a bit too many <insert that tiresome argument> pieces in my opinion. Maybe it is because of its bulky building that gives it that feel. I've also noticed there is no victim to "rescue" included in the set itself...

I notice on the side-view picture of the truck/boat there is a double sided arrow on the back wheel of the truck...can this mean a suspension system? 8-|

Also, does anybody know what the yellow piece next to the communications dish on the truck is? It seems like a very interesting piece. Is it new?

Thanks again for the pictures and I am looking forward to what else 2008 brings! *sweet*

i think this is a great set!!

it is great that there are doors (finally), and mirrors!!!

also the towbar is new to me, and the tires seem to have suspension! *wub*

edit:

i believe the first impulse set is supposed to be something like this

200501232.jpg

also, IMO, the yellow part looks like this

32072.jpg

Edited by ricecracker

The speedboat is very cool and so is the truck but I'll have to pass on it. I hope we can get pics of the 4WD and boat because that is that set that sounded the most interesting.

Thanks steff for the pics. The street cleaner impulse is nice but I prefer the large one that is available at LASH.

P

Excellent, thanks for the new pics!

I really like the two new City inpulse sets. The street sweeper is quite cool and the little kayak dude is just awesome.

I HATE the 4x4 Coastguard truck. Why does it have to be so big! It dwarfs its minifig! The boat isn't too bad (I quite like it actually...), but the truck makes me go bleh. :-X

Well i like the new set (not the new impulse sets) would've been better if it was only 6 wide not 8 |-/ i'l still buy 1 though but it wont fit on my lego roads..... :-/

it has the proportions of the Unimog

Indeed it does, and I love Unimogs. *wub* It's interesting that I only just made a 6-wide one. :-P Anyone notice that it uses the new mudguards, the same ones that are used in the speed-racer sets? The slopes on the bonnet look new too. The yellow piece definitely is that technic one though. The impulse sets are looking better and better too! *wub*

There isn't a Dwarf Impulse... :'-(

The Coast Guard Jeep is really cool, I like it very much for a price of 25 EUR. Look at those new pieces above the wheel (to prevent the mud or so). Nice build! Is that a new sort of boat? It's wider than the old yellow ones.

I hope we can get pics of the 4WD and boat because that is that set that sounded the most interesting.

Umm... previous page?

Anybody noticed that legomilk mentioned set "7726 Coast Watch HQ" (here) and now 7726 is the truck with the boat? Number mix-up?

The coastwatch set looks like how the KNRM (Dutch Lifeboats) launch their boats, I think they have unimogs too!

post-165-1198946029.jpg

These look fantastic and I can't wait to see the rest of the sets X-D

Steve

All impulse look good. I didn't had the face f the streetsweeper, so now I can get him cheap. The little coastguard is not bad, The mars fighter is nice and the goblinorc looks nice, but the car with him is a bit stupid.

Very nice pics, indeed Steff! *y*

Another 8-wide truck/unimog... :-|

Ok, save some money for other subjects ON.

I would have been interested if it was 6-wide. Can

more new sets ;)

Er... 8-| I love you. I hope I'm not being too forward, but wow!! *wub* Thanks for finding and posting these pics. I am really excited about this. I wasn't too crazy about the postal or police stuff for this year but this coast guard theme is shaping up to be very cool. New boat mold and another realistic wider truck! I love it! I'll take two please... :-$

im i the only one who hates the coast guard sets?

i find the orange a terrible color for the sets

and it screams jack stone to me!!

a big step back for the city line this year.

I'm sure you're not the only one, but so far you're the angriest.

I personally don't think it's too <insert that tiresome argument>. Sure there are some bigger parts but they are bigger parts done right. I love those new mudguards on the truck and on the trailer. I think LEGO has to make some lines a little less advanced so they can introduce more kids to the market. City makes sense to do this with because I'm sure it appeals to a broader range of kids than space or castle. And they are not anywhere near as bad as Jack Stone or the over-<insert that tiresome argument> sets of Town Jr... I think this set is pretty cool and I can't wait to see the others in the coast guard line. :-)

Nice new impulse sets.

I'm a bit disapointed by the kayak, because I have imagined it in a bigger set, not as impulse... However, it looks nice.

And for the coast guard set, well... Yes it's great, it has some nice details, it seems to have nice playability (the motors seem to swivel together; suspension for the truck), the color scheme is very nice for Coast Guard, but...

It is oversized! it's so big! The boat seems to have the good size, but the truck looks like a playmobile set because of its size! I will buy it, for sure, and downsize it too!

Oh, and thanks for the pics steff!

I'm a bit disapointed by the kayak, because I have imagined it in a bigger set, not as impulse... However, it looks nice.

Yeay me too !! I was expecting a new mould for it |-/ Oh well, its still nice to have small boats for a marina :-P

It is oversized! it's so big! The boat seems to have the good size, but the truck looks like a playmobile set because of its size! I will buy it, for sure, and downsize it too!

I am not that convinced its that big though ;-) Sure its 8-wide but it looks pretty well proportionned. Bear in mind its a 26

I will buy it, for sure, and downsize it too!

Of course you will!! :-D :-D :-D And I'm sure it'll be brilliant. *sweet* Can't wait to see your classic version of this...

the new set looks as big as a creator truck but this time with mf

its just too odd and weird!

they stole the jeep from a giant and now he is after them!

(maybe thats why they are making agents sets..to find the giant before he finds them)

6 wide was one think but 8 wide is too much..

what is it with lego and size these days?

and its not brick build but again we get a big boat piece..

Not at all, in fact I'm hating the pictures of the Coast Guard sets so far. The helicopter seemed OK until I'd seen what they'd done with that truck. Now it leads me to believe that the helicopter is just another in a series of sets designed to appeal to kids who like to play with oversized toys.

I agree completely - Too large and too <insert that tiresome argument>.

Oh and Yoda, it's not just 8-wide, it's got extra wide tyres! It's probably at LEAST 10-wide!

Edited by Mr Hobbles

6 wide was one think but 8 wide is too much..

what is it with lego and size these days?

and its not brick build but again we get a big boat piece..

Agreed. The "embiggening" of Lego City continues. I've just grudgingly come to terms with my six-wide garbage truck and cement mixer. Now I'm supposed to incorporate 8-wide monstrosities?? No thanks.

4-wide 4-ever!!

the impulse street sweeper looks pretty neat. with the street sweeper, trash collector, and the garbage truck, you'll have a very clean city!

it would have been great if they could really clean my city

right now it is filled with dust! :-P

Thank you very much for the pics, Steff!

To tell the truth I'm a bit disappointed of the new City sets as seen so far:

-The Truck With Speedboat is much to big - the truck as well as the boat - are we going to get Duplo sets in the City theme?! I surely will never buy it.

-The street cleaner looks a bit comical - since there will be already a public worker in feubruary a mailman with a bicycle and a mailbox would have been much more atrractive!

-The kayak looks a bit amateurish - the only reason to buy this set is to collect Coast Guard minifigs!

I hope that the Squad Car, the 4ward Jeep With Jetski and the Patrol Boot With Tower sets are going to be better than these sets - otherwise I would be very disappointed of the new CG sets because my hopes were (after heaving read the set names) very high!

But one development is very nice to see:

TLG included car doors in the truck in the Coast Guard set Truck With Speedboat! *y* Hopefully TLG will do this with all cars in all City sets which are going to be released in the future, too!

I wish you a happy new year!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter