Sign in to follow this  
Arctic_Ace

Johnny Thunder comeback?

Johnny Thunder was first released in 1998. He was the star of four Adventurers themes from 1998-2003. He also appeared in LEGO Studios and Jurassic Park lll sets as well as several video games during this period. That was the last we heard of him until a brief appearance in 2010's LEGO Universe video game. Then, in 2014, Johnny made a dramatic cameo appearance in The LEGO Movie. This appearance led to the inclusion of a Johnny Thunder minifigure in set 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship. This was significant because LEGO created a whole new torso (part #973pb1724c01) and head (part #3626cpa3) for Johnny Thunder As of this posting that is the only set in which these new parts have been. Johnny also appeared in the 2015 Scooby Doo 75900 Mummy Museum Mystery on a sticker.

Could this be the beginning of a Johnny Thunder comeback? Would LEGO create a new torso and head for just one set? Your comments are appreciated.

Man I hope so!

But not just Johnny Thunder. I would love if they bring back the whole Adventurers theme

Or maybe they could pay homage to him releasing an updated version in the CMF theme renamed as "Adventurer"

As much as I'd love to see a Johnny Thunder/Adventurers comeback, the chances seem pretty slim. It looks a lot more like Lego dropping references and making homages to one of their all-time greatest minifigures. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong! It would be great to get some Adventurers sets done in the newer style.

You have to temember that the LEGO Movie sets had lots of torsos and head prints that were only in one set. I don't think the Fabuland torso means that we will see a Fabuland comeback... but I'd love to be wrong :)

You have to temember that the LEGO Movie sets had lots of torsos and head prints that were only in one set. I don't think the Fabuland torso means that we will see a Fabuland comeback... but I'd love to be wrong :)

I agree. Since there were several classic themes referenced in Lego Movie sets, we really can't make any inferences about future lines from them.

Well... They referenced Bionicle in the Lego Movie and it was back on shelves a year later. They referenced Classic Space, and within a few months a blue triangular spaceship was again on store shelves. Anything is possible!

Something big is stirring... Prepare yourselves...

THUNDER is coming!

Lol I don't even know where that's from.

But that isn't impossible. Those appearances do mean that he is physically present in that universe. All Lego would have to do for sets would be to make different suits for him. BUT they might screw it up by introducing "friends" in there, which will most likely ruin it. There isn't a franchise currently that only uses ONE character, rather several.

Wasn't there a minifig in Lego Dino that had a last name of thunder? That could be it. The next generation of thunder? Since even Dumbledore appeared in TLM, but he's dead. Anyway, there could be several characters if this is the case. Teamwork was never Johnny's style, but you never know about his great grandkid's.