Dutchiedoughnut

2016 LEGO train MOCs

We have an active topic about 2016 LEGO train sets. But what are your plans for MOCs next year?

I think I should start. I am building a 2-6-4 tank engine - the one I've posted in a topic here. I would love to build Tornado and more steam engines, but I am also thinking about a Crocodile. And rolling stock to make the engines less lonely.

We have an active topic about 2016 LEGO train sets. But what are your plans for MOCs next year?

I like this idea!

I'm currently working on a Budd RDC and a float bridge for loading cars onto barges. Next up I'm thinking a second RDC, an electric steeplecab switcher, and a few unique MOW pieces. Most of these are in the early stages of LDD design.

Edited by CrispyBassist

I really have no clue, I've not finished my first 'real life' moc yet :look: sadly I don't have the parts (and skills) for building and LDD is my hope nowadays.

I suppose my next moc (in LDD) would be this

8043784291_b283b912e9_b.jpg

yep, again an Alco PA. and perhaps some LNER A3 with a goods train for a change would be nice!

Edited by THERIZE

I'm planning on turning this 3 track long, 1 track wide train shed with no baseplates:

22401378121_37fde59f8d_z.jpg

...Into this 4 track long, 2 tracks wide locomotive shed:

22203796469_4566184320_z.jpg

As you may have noticed, I will be cutting a base-plate down to a 6 x 32 section to have it fit in the middle of the shed where there is no base-plate currently.

Edited by Murdoch17

I am working on a 6 wide truck based rail grinder with power functions. Maybe another PRR box cab electric or Amfleet car.

More or less done designing Railion Bombardier Traxx F140 AC2 in LLD. Next stop, building it in real bricks and putting them stickers on :classic:

Bombardier_Traxx.png

Edited by dtomsen

I'm not even done with the 2015 roll of MOCs yet! 2016 should bring some autoracks, 53ft and 40ft intermodal platforms in 7 wide, gondolas, a tanker or two, and time permitting, Tri-Rail. And a redo of my FEC SD40-2 to incorporate BLO and match my new GEVOs. Oh, and an All Aboard Florida passenger trainset or two.

Here is one of my many plans for 2016

Wow, that 9F looks great! But I think it should be maybe 2 plates or some lower. The gap between the boiler and the wheels on your model is bigger then the real ones.

Redoing my PF'ed GP-38 in ICG Livery colors (currently the red/gray GP-38 here), though I have not decided between this or this. The former will take more vinyl sticker work and I am not sure how many people will recognize it as an ICG.

After that, I am not sure if I want to do next. The choices are Casey Jones ICRR 201, the Green Diamond, or the Panama Limited.

I have a 20 axle Schnabel car that has been in the works in limbo since 2008. I recently got a few pointers from Meisterschnorrer for the telescoping arms (necessary because of the tight LEGO curves) so I hope to ge it finally done in 2016.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Dan-147

This is a great idea for a thread!

I actually have quite some plans for 2016!

As an Austrian I think we haven't seen many Austrian trains with Lego. To change that I'm planning to build the 1670 and 4041 class engines from the Austrian Federal Railway. I'm also planning to build one of the earliest Austrian steam engines, the so called 'Ajax'.

In addition I plan to build an LBSCR E2 in blue and an Ivatt Atlantic.

I'm excited to see everyone else's plans fulfilled and hope to build at least some of the engines plannes.

At this point, I probably have my next two or three years worth of MOCs filled up...

For 2016 though, I have a few projects that are completely finished in the digital phase and are just waiting for money to actually build them. Up until now I've been almost 100% steam, but 2016 is looking like my "Year of the Diesel". I've got a few that I'm looking forward to getting to:

My newest design, that I'm probably going to be building first, is a BNSF SD40-2. It's going to need a little sticker work, but nothing too intense.

21965969559_823df9f8bd_c.jpg

I'm also going to be building a pair each of Santa Fe F7s and Verde Canyon Railroad FP7s:

19390405904_ecebe92b59_c.jpg

I've also got a steam engine that's mostly, but not quite, LDD complete as well as a pair of steam tank engines that just need their rods, but those two are really just super late 2015 projects at this point.

Beautiful trains!

This year, I am hoping to get into trains in a big way, and build a smallish basement layout. I have the Super Chief and some train cars, and I hope to add to them, including a dome car. I'd also love to build some first-generation diesels - maybe a Southern Railway RS3 and a GP9 in Central of Georgia or RF&P colors.

I've gotten a head start on my 2016 workload:

23582743380_6fdd425195_z.jpg

The 1950's GM Aerotrain is missing just one more order of 46 parts, which includes draw-bars (instead of magnets, they don't work well here) and parts to finish the nose.

It should have it's own post and be finished by New Years, but that depends on the postal service.

Working on putting finishing on my Southern Railway (USA) Ks-1 No. 630, and now gathering parts for a Southern Railway A7 0-6-0 switch engine. Plus planning on six or seven new freight cars.

Hello there

This year i will definetly finish my Layout of a typical Portuguese Rai Station from the 70's. This will be my first Moc shown here.

I hope to keep the high quality of most of the Train Layouts of this fórum.

Regards

A house move has interrupted my building for the past few months, but I hope to be back on track in 2016. However, it hasn't stopped me being busy with LDD dreaming up and designing new stuff. Consequently I've also got some work in progress, including my own version of the Bombardier Traxx loco.

23897390236_fd028b67b3_b.jpg

Both of these locos will have trains. The Traxx has a slightly truncated FYRA rolling stock set.

23296692793_3b214b8aac_b.jpg

The NS1700 has a DD-AR set.

23840983431_66618fa787_b.jpg

These are all still rough works in progress and need to be completed before they can be bricked.

The first part of 2016 will be spent in a frenzy of trackside structures, stations and signal boxes as our LUG (KCBricklab) has been invited to display at a large Model railway hobby exhibition in March in Kansas City. After that I hope to continue work on a variety of streetcars.