Sign in to follow this  
BrickOn

PtV 2015 Large: Happy Islander Harvest

<p>The pirate endured a terrific storm last night, in which their ship was dashed against the rocks. Many died, but quite a few swam to shore and the first mate is the last to make it off the boat. He briefly wonders what has happened to the crew (and why the rat is staying on the boat remains, surely they are the first to abandon ship?) but all these thoughts are pushed from his mind when he spots the islanders. Beautiful ladies with big smiles and that grinning chap seems alright too, friendly, ahhh he's saved....

22380647285_4c10cec0ca_z.jpgIsleOfJewelsCloseUp, on Flickr

First mate wades to shore, greeted by friendly locals

22380633695_10ea9fb80c.jpgShipwreckedWithFriendlyNatives, on Flickr

But all is not as it seems on this beautiful island, sure the islanders are the happiest people you will meet, but maybe its because they are preparing for the big feast of roasted pirate... char-grilled and slow roasted over the lava flow provided by the angry Volcano God.

22380638245_00aa6d974d_z.jpgRoastPirates, on Flickr

The brains are the best bit so its good to remove them from the body and eat them while they are fresh and if you don't keep up with the latest fashion in hairpieces you don't get to come to the feast so its important to get the first pick of the new bones!

22380660875_85253324d9_z.jpgBrains and Bone Fashion[/url, on Flickr

And most importantly of all sacrifices must be made to the mighty Volcano God to keep him happy. Many pirates are beheaded and thrown into his fiery crator (the Islanders keep the brains though).

22192930708_5ba86588c0_z.jpgVolcanic Sacrifice, on Flickr

Hope you like my entry of Happy Islanders at work!

21759554153_8805ca2e14_z.jpgIsleOfJewelsVolcano, on Flickr

Edited by Phred

Ho Ho! Now that's definitely "out for blood" I like the scene choice of a volcano sacrifice. The lava is very nice as is the half charred body. Well done sir :)

Yeah ! great build !

I love those cannibal Islanders.

They should be careful with the brains btw, as it could lead to a "zombification" with a BRAIIIIIIN... addiction.

Nice build, bloody story :-) I like the island itself.

Terrific island and nice idea and implementation! Vegetation is top notch too!

Thanks, I like the island too, I think I'll keep it as a centre piece to my pirate collection/scene for a while, minus some of the brutality... just means I need to get some more grey bricks as I had planned to reuse them after the competition was over.

Ho Ho! Now that's definitely "out for blood" I like the scene choice of a volcano sacrifice. The lava is very nice as is the half charred body. Well done sir :)

Well I cannot take credit for the charred body, as I was very much inspired by your own entry, but the other guy had been hanging around for days roasting and it seemed like he needed company and more gore!

Yeah ! great build !

I love those cannibal Islanders.

They should be careful with the brains btw, as it could lead to a "zombification" with a BRAIIIIIIN... addiction.

Zombie islanders? shhhhh don't give lego any ideas or we'll get one in the next CMF series pirate_wink.gif

Now this is more like it and in the spirit of contest. There is blood, there is gore, there are pretty ladies, there are body parts recycling. You filled out your build well. There is no dead space or structure that don't advance the story telling. pirate_classic.gif

Gruesome scene! Love the volcano and the death scenes! The use of the pink soft serve piece as brains is perfect and unsettling! :laugh:

Great work! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Now this is more like it and in the spirit of contest. There is blood, there is gore, there are pretty ladies, there are body parts recycling. You filled out your build well. There is no dead space or structure that don't advance the story telling. pirate_classic.gif

Why thank you :-) The story came first and then the build. There was a bit more that I did not manage to fit in was the reason why the ship crashed. The crew were drinking and started to hallucinate mermaids and sailed towards them... I wanted to show one member hallucinating a beautiful mermaid and the other hallucinating a terrifying one, and to show each of their reactions... but that bit got cut, so another time!

Gruesome scene! Love the volcano and the death scenes! The use of the pink soft serve piece as brains is perfect and unsettling! :laugh:

Great work! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Cheers, I tried out a few brain options (I know they are not really pink but in my world Lego brains are), at one point I had the CMF alien queen dissected on the table and her brain in the mix, but the pink soft serve seemed to fit better :-)

Lovely island, if an active volcano can be called such. Man, the whole islander population has gone man-hungry lately. Must be revenge from the pirates stealing all their gold. There's brutality aplenty and the lava flow looks great. Good job with the posing and bloodshed. I think it's a good idea to keep the island intact - it's too good to destroy right away. Nice work.

This is a fun build with a lot of nice little details. I love the brains and bones. The lava flow looks really nice, too.

Good work!

Well, that's a bit gory.......anyway, nice build here. You did a good job on that rockwork.

I think this is the most gloriously gruesome MOC I've seen around :) love it

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

Please no more necromancy, or I will have the use of abjuration 

Not sure if you're being for real or not? :) What's wrong with bumping up older threads if there's value in them?