Nuju Metru

Dragon Lands: Mythic Machines

25767910296_095d181b02_z.jpg

Howdy guys!

This is the topic for my "fourth wave" of (Not) LEGO Dragon Lands. (Not) LEGO Dragon Lands is a MOC series that's meant to be like a new theme of LEGO fantasy; as such, the creations below are designed to be as stable, functional, and reasonably-sized as real LEGO sets. The creations I make in my "themes" (I've done several like this in the past) are designed to complement each other, and be highly playable as a cohesive theme.

Like I said, this is the topic for the imaginary fourth wave of Dragon Lands (wave one can be seen in-depth here, wave two here, and wave three here). Because I'm boring and don't have enough fantasy villain parts of different species, it's human/Faerie vs. Ustokal again. The specter of the Zombie threat defeated (at the end of wave two) the Ustokal of the Essoni Desert have picked up right where they left off at the start of wave one: intent on conquering fertile lands from the Kingdom of Ardun and the Faerie Realm! But this time, the war has a new component - growing technology. The Ustokal magicians and engineers attempt to imitate the clever war machines of the Dwarvish people to gain an edge in the combat.

Fun parts for me in making this wave: designing more siege engines, making a new (and much better) dragon wing design, playing with unorthodox colors, creating new characters, and the flagship set- that one's a real doozy! Just wait until you see it.

All images link to their larger versions on my Flickr. Check out more photos, and videos(!), on the Wave 4 Flickr Album.

64044 Ardun Observatory

Pieces: 1796

Price: $159.99 USD

25609444052_cf9ecdef57_z.jpg

25609454682_d4951348b8_t.jpg25609493822_6b861412b2_t.jpg25704453726_5f50c23c85_t.jpg25730530425_d67dc099e1_t.jpg25103910603_0cd0f47120_t.jpg25609515122_22fc6532a4_t.jpg25704394346_56c9527296_t.jpg

Defend the Ardun Observatory from Ustokal attackers!

Potent wizards and warriors from across the land have gathered at the Ardun Observatory. Behind the sturdy walls of this ancient bastion, they read their fortunes in the stars and seek refuge from the invading Ustokal horde. But now, the strongest fortress of the Kingdom is under concerted assault by Vorash and his army! In what promises to be a battle for the ages, Orion, Finael, and Nynia fight to protect the castle and its secrets. Destiny is the most mythic machine of all! Includes Orion, Finael, Nynia, Vorash, Rothut, two Ardun soldiers, three Ustokal warriors, and a Flame Drake.

• Includes 10 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Orion, Finael, Nynia, Vorash, Rothut, 2 Ardun soldiers, and 3 Ustokal warriors[/h2]
  • Three-layered Observatory features detailed sandstone walls, wooden shields, defensive crossbows, and proud banners
  • Raise and lower the drawbridge with a working winch
  • Close and open the portcullis on the inner curtain
  • Shoot Nynia’s magic with the spring-loaded Spell Launcher on the outer curtain
  • Penetrate the Observatory walls through secret passages
  • Features an exploding wall section in the inner curtain
  • Pull a switch to release the Legendary Staff from its crystal prison
  • Unload and use the telescope under the dome
  • Drop rocks on foes through the murder holes
  • Ardun Observatory consists of 7 modules for easy construction and rearrangement
  • Flame Drake is fully poseable, with 25 points of articulation including folding wings and opening jaws
  • Flame Drake features flexible cloth membranes on its wings, fiery red scales, and detachable flame breath
  • Assault the Observatory with a working catapult, siege ladder, and battering ram
  • Also includes a spring-loaded Spell Launcher disguised as a rock
  • Weapons and accessories include Rothut’s staff, Nynia’s staff, Vorash’s Darkfyre axe, the Legendary Staff, the Legendary Shield, a longbow, an axe, 3 broadswords, 2 spears, 3 Faerie blades, 2 pikes, 4 shields, and a chest of gold
  • Flame Drake measures more than 8” (20cm) long, with a wingspan of over 13” (34cm)
  • Ardun Observatory measure more than 21” (55cm) wide, 15” (37cm) deep, and 8” (22cm) tall

64043 Dwarf Workshop

Pieces: 991

Price: $99.99 USD

24913704449_3856eb79f6_z.jpg

25281372215_0c9d775174_t.jpg24913710129_d193a130cb_t.jpg25188235511_57a1063335_t.jpg24650756874_c565327a30_t.jpg24913707669_450470256e_t.jpg24985784950_3dfea95465_t.jpg24654563483_1995432413_t.jpg

Build mythic machines in the Dwarf Workshop!

The underground Dwarf Workshop has engineered fantastic new machines and forged Legendary Weapons for years… but now, its fate lies in jeopardy! The Ustokal wizard twins, Mogrot and Moscha, as well as their witch dragon Echegob, have discovered the location of the workshop and have come to steal its secrets, poison potion and evil magic brandished. Can the Dwarves and Kalfer use the mythic machines around the workshop to stave off the threat? Includes Fifrir, Gadril, Hvod, Kalfer, Mogrot, Moscha, and Echegob.

• Includes 6 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Fifrir, Gadril, Hvod, Kalfer, Mogrot and Moscha
  • Echegob is fully poseable, with 34 points of articulation including folding wings, movable fingers, and opening jaws
  • Echegob features flexible cloth membranes on her wings, long clawed talons, toxic green spines, and a sinister wooden talisman on her back
  • Shoot Echegob’s poison breath by pressing the lever on her back, and store the poison bolts under her wings
  • Dwarf workshop features rocky walls, wooden stairs and struts, amber lanterns, and other cool machinery
  • Open the vault door at surface level to enter the underground workshop
  • Use the working elevator to move between levels, and transport machines and crystals back to the world above
  • Let foes tumble into the bone-filled dungeon by releasing a trap door
  • Roll the Mining Machine along the ground to make its drill spin, and punch a hole through the cavern wall to find golden gems
  • Send Legendary Crystals down the chute into the Workshop by opening the secret hole in the ground
  • Set includes a spring-loaded Spell Launcher disguised as part of a tool bench
  • Also includes a Dwarf artillery crossbow and Fifrir’s wings
  • Weapons and accessories include 3 Legendary weapons, Kalfer’s sword and axe hands, a magic shield, a battle hammer, Moscha’s potions, Mogrot’s staff, Gold and mystic crystals, and a large assortment of tools
  • Echegob measures more than 9” (25cm) long, with a wingspan of over 16” (41cm)
  • Together, workshop structures measure more than 15” (40cm) long, 6” (15cm) deep, and 10” (27cm) tall

64042 Ustokal War Wagon

Pieces: 757

Price: $74.99 USD

23821181262_1f6083980a_z.jpg

23903278196_a3f3fc0041_t.jpg23903397446_3e231c0174_t.jpg23903402156_51654511f3_t.jpg23821192562_82243bc26a_t.jpg23561623129_54ddd2fda3_t.jpg23929474215_ccd63061cd_t.jpg

Roll into battle with the gigantic Ustokal War Wagon!

At last, Untlaz has finished his most powerful battle machine yet: the Ustokal War Wagon! With its strong hull, sharp spikes, spinning axes, and fire cannon, the War Wagon seems like an unstoppable force… and Althior and Brigid are one of the last lines of defense against it! In desperation, Althior turns to an old enemy’s talisman: a Golem control statue! With his incantation, rock and moss around Althior take on a new form and, bound together by swirling magic, stand to face the oncoming War Wagon! Includes Althior, Brigid, Untlaz, two Ustokal warriors, a Golem, and a wolf.

• Includes 5 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Althior, Brigid, Untlaz, and 2 Ustokal warriors
  • Ustokal War Wagon features infantry-deterring spikes, a strong wooden frame, a victory banner, and iron grate windows
  • Launch the three-shot, repositionable fire cannon on top of the wagon, and seat a gunner in the box
  • Roll the War Wagon along the ground to make the axes in front spin
  • Open the wagon’s hull to see pilot seat, a furnace engine, weapon racks, and the small catapult inside
  • Pull back on the catapult’s bucket and release to launch small stones
  • Fully poseable Golem has 16 points of articulation
  • Fire Althior’s magic with the spring-loaded Spell Launcher in the Golem’s arm
  • Set also includes a wolf and a Dwarf artillery crossbow
  • Weapons and accessories include Althior’s staff, the Golem control statue, 4 crossbow bolts, a pike, a hammer, a wrench, a short sword, and 2 axes
  • Golem measures over 5” (13cm) tall
  • War Wagon measures more than 10” (27cm) long, 6” (17cm) wide, and 5” (14cm) tall

64041 Gutspark Machine Dragon

Pieces: 418

Price: $44.99 USD

23767603266_44fdf4626d_z.jpg

23685253602_288f360fb4_t.jpg23767603846_13f5e45c62_t.jpg23165553134_b9f0da0b3e_t.jpg23793693505_26c3c03ccc_t.jpg23165564984_dcd251b8ab_t.jpg23165553364_d2e4d42d5d_t.jpg

Build Gutspark, the mythic machine dragon!

The Dwarfish Mountains are under attack by the Ustokal army! With his ballista artillery, one Ustokal warrior holds hostage a Dwarf vault, in which is stored a critical Protection Vial. But Madeg the Magician and Fifrir the clockwork engineer have assembled a powerful engine to guard their people: Gutspark, the machine dragon! Endowed with the fiery spark of life by Madeg’s spells, Fifrir’s powerful mechanical wonder can take on almost anything! Will Gutspark be enough to defend the Dwarves from the Ustokal threat? Includes Madeg, Fifrir, an Ustokal warrior, and Gutspark.

• Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Fifrir, Madeg, and an Ustokal warrior
  • Gutspark is fully poseable, with 34 points of articulation including folding wings and a flexible tail
  • Gutspark features brilliant brassy armor, metallic spines, patchwork wing membranes, and powerful mechanical limbs
  • Seat both Madeg and Fifrir on Gutspark, and store extra tools on the rear saddle
  • Launch Madeg’s fire magic with the spring-loaded Spell Launcher on Gutspark’s side, and store the magic bolts under the dragon’s wings
  • Push the lever between Gutspark’s wings to make its head strike downward
  • Also includes a spring-loaded Ustokal ballista
  • Stash the Protection Vial in the opening underground safe
  • Weapons and accessories include Madeg’s staff, a drill, a pair of scissors, a hammer, a wrench, a pike, and a Protection Vial
  • Gutspark measures more than 13” (34cm) long, with a wingspan of over 20” (50cm)

64040 Zaechyr Shade Dragon

Pieces: 259

Price: $24.99 USD

22356990052_330d991864_z.jpg

22182027080_b5407533ae_t.jpg22183230479_ef0ddfc423_t.jpg22182342968_364a05cb42_t.jpg21748979053_ce1f72a5cb_t.jpg22370081935_2046a4c85a_t.jpg

Explore the night with the shade dragon Zaechyr!

Nynia, the Faerie wizard’s apprentice, has always had a taste for adventure… So when the time came to choose her dragon companion, she sought out the unruly shade dragon Zaechyr! Stealthy and mysterious, Zaechyr possesses the ability to become invisible against the night sky. This is why Rothut, the Ustokal Elder Wizard, seeks Zaechyr’s scales for his nefarious potions! Can Nynia and Zaechyr escape unscathed? Includes Nynia, Rothut, and Zaechyr.

• Includes 2 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Nynia and Rothut
  • Zaechyr is fully poseable, with 32 points of articulation including folding wings and moving toes
  • Zaechyr features flexible cloth membranes on his wings, spiny purple scales, and a travel saddle
  • Launch Nynia’s magic bolts with the spring-loaded Spell Launcher on Zaechyr’s side, and store the magic bolts under his wings
  • Sheath Nynia’s sword in the saddle, and stow her staff on Zaechyr’s leg
  • Also includes a spring-loaded Spell Launcher disguised as a small tree
  • Weapons and accessories include Nynia’s staff, a Faerie sword, Rothut’s staff, and an astrolabe
  • Zaechyr measures more than 13” (33cm) long, with a wingspan of over 17” (44cm)

64039 Wurdrok Brute Dragon

Pieces: 275

Price: $24.99 USD

23208639760_85f112a3b5_z.jpg

23478229046_3635565cc0_t.jpg23478283436_58d364dbe2_t.jpg23208659800_6b607e62d7_t.jpg23136439769_468067dc4a_t.jpg22876108444_0be82d25cf_t.jpg

Nothing can stop the brute dragon Wurdrok!

Untlaz, the wily Ustokal mechanic, has stolen a top-secret mythic machine from the Dwarvish caves! Carrying the mysterious little machine in a sack, Untlaz plans to escape back to his workshop on the back of the brute fire-breathing dragon Wurdrok. But when Untlaz reaches the surface, Orion is waiting for him! Can Orion stop Untlaz before the Ustokal reaches his dragon, or will Wurdrok’s flame breath cover their retreat? Includes Orion, Untlaz, and Wurdrok.Includes 2 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Orion and Untlaz.

• Wurdrok is fully poseable, with 30 points of articulation including folding wings and opening jaws
  • Wurdrok features flexible cloth membranes on his wings, fierce orange spines, and a reinforced saddle with war flag
  • Shoot Wurdrok’s fire breath by pressing the lever on his back, and store the fire bolts under his wings
  • Fire stones at Untlaz and Wurdok with the disc launcher disguised as a rock
  • Weapons and accessories include a longsword, a shortsword, the Legendary Shield, and the mysterious sack
  • Wurdrok measures more than 9” (25cm) long, with a wingspan of over 16” (41cm)

64038 Divining Tree Defense

Pieces: 151

Price: $14.99 USD

22905631526_b433f28a8a_z.jpg

22308881614_0245ed8f5a_t.jpg22310471373_41fea914c1_t.jpg22743600850_2756f2709f_t.jpg

Discover the future at the mystical Divining Tree!

Situated in the heart of a magic forest, the mystical Divining Tree has been a powerful oracle for generations. Through crystal balls and divination pools around the tree, Faerie wizards can catch glances of the future! A small party of Ustokal guerillas ambushes the tree, hoping to burn it down and deprive the Faeries of this advantage… but Aona has foreseen their assault, and awaits them! Will Aona’s magic be strong enough to defend the Divining Tree from its attackers? Includes Aona and two Ustokal warriors.

• Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Aona and 2 Ustokal warriors
  • Divining tree features vibrant leaves, deep roots, and lots of divination devices at its base
  • Push down the lever to make the Divining Tree come to life
  • Shoot the Ustokal with the triple spring-loaded Spell Launcher at the base of the tree
  • Weapons and accessories include Aona’s staff, an axe, a pike, two torches, and two books
  • Divining Tree measures more than 5” (14cm) tall and 3” (8cm) wide

64037 Wolf Chariot Chopper

Pieces: 88

Price: $7.99 USD

22539238520_d6a77d1193_z.jpg

22539240820_ca4e29642f_t.jpg22106023773_1d6f63f130_t.jpg22738369501_9771ed4df0_t.jpg

Face off against Vorash in his Wolf Chariot Chopper!

On the field of battle, nothing can stand in Vorash’s way! Armed with his potent Darkfyre axe crafted by his court wizards, Vorash rides atop a wolf-drawn Chariot Chopper with slicing blades. Only Kalfer, the changeling hero, dares to face the Ustokal warlord. With his magic shield and variable battle arm, Kalfer is a force to be reckoned with. But can he stop the Chariot Chopper in its tracks? Includes Vorash, Kalfer, and a giant wolf.

• Includes 2 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: Vorash and Kalfer.
  • Switch Kalfer’s arm between sword and axe modes
  • Chariot Chopper features sharp spikes, an iron basket, and a rippling flag
  • Roll the chariot along the ground to make the chopper blades spin
  • Weapons and accessories include Vorash’s Darkfyre axe, Kalfer’s sword and axe hands, and a magic shield
  • Chariot Chopper measures more than 6” (17cm) long

Edited by Nuju Metru

I really like the dragons colors, it looks like it would be a poison dragon.

Please don't tell me you are going Nexo Knights on us. :wall::grin:

It sounds interesting. I'm glad that you are attempting another wave. I loved the first three. :classic: Can't wait to see how this one turns out. It sounds like it will be a little more steampunk than that awful new theme that Lego thinks is Castle. :wink:

The picture link is broken it says "no longer available", I did see the pics on Flickr and it's great again :laugh: I always badly want your sets to become real actually buyable sets, I may not have been the only one that was hoping Nexo Knights to basically be LEGO taking your work when we were first promised a new alleged Fantasy Era Theme (if only they did) :wub:

Edited by Isundir

Really great stuff, I looked through all your other post and the sets look great. It would be nice to see Lego release stuff like that.

I like the wings on your dragons, the cloth is a cool idea that looks great.

Sorry but I do not like Mythic Machines in my fantasy themes.

You have fallen into the success trap that Lego sometimes falls into.

With 3 successful waves you have run out of good new ideas, so you have turned to second class / bad new ideas in the context of this Dragon Lands Theme.

Perhaps you should have called this new wave by a new name?

Mythic Steam Machines or Mythic Magic Machines might be right?

Take a look, everyone- I've just added the smallest set in the wave, "64037 Wolf Chariot Chopper" to the first post!

Sorry but I do not like Mythic Machines in my fantasy themes.

You have fallen into the success trap that Lego sometimes falls into.

With 3 successful waves you have run out of good new ideas, so you have turned to second class / bad new ideas in the context of this Dragon Lands Theme.

Perhaps you should have called this new wave by a new name?

Mythic Steam Machines or Mythic Magic Machines might be right?

I think you're reacting off some pretty strong suppositions... Labeling this new wave "second class/bad" after having seen only one set (a set, in general format, very similar to several I've "released" in the past, might I add; I don't think 64040 brings a ton of scary new elements to the table!) isn't too fair, in my opinion. I'm also not clear on how adding "steam" or "magic" into the wave subtitle changes anything about the wave's substance.

Take a look at the newest set; maybe it'll give you a more accurate sense of the direction this edition of "(Not) LEGO Dragon Lands" is going in. :classic:

Very nice. I love how you used the robot arm. The chariot play function actually looks pretty fun. :classic:

Quite splendid Nuju, as always. Your amazing work makes up for the disappointment that is Nexo Knights. I love the use of the purple foliage.

Nice to see *you* finally show up in a set this wave. :tongue:

You managed pretty successfully to make him look big and hulking. The orange color looks really good. One of the best dragons you have made yet.

These are all really great, but I want to see more machines! The Wolf Chariot Chopper is amazing and I keep checking to see if any more machine oriented sets have been posted!

Great job!

I hate to double-post like this, but I've just added a significantly larger (we're getting to the big ones, now!) set to the first post: 64042 Ustokal War Wagon. Go see for yourself!

To keep you from double posting :laugh:

No, but seriously, wonderful addition. Really wish they were real sets...