Sunder

[MOC]Space derbis harvesting ship

Some people call us marauders, scavengers. That’s close to the truth. It’s our job. Sometimes space ships break. And they can’t always be repaired. Too much damage. Too far from inhabited systems. We are looking for abandoned starships and disassemble them. Even if the ship exploded, there are still some valuable parts that can be sold. But they explode very rarely. Usually ships die because of malfunction of couple of systems. The other ones stay undamaged. We cut out the most valuable parts. It’s impossible to take everything we want. Just those things that can fit into the hold and external containers. So the profit isn’t very big. And do not forget about risks. Abandoned ship is a dangerous place. Something unexpected can happen anytime. So, why do we do it? Because someone has to take back those resources. Miners dug ore. Than the metal was made. Electronics. The ship was assembled. We just trying to make this work not worthless if the ship dies. And get some money.

21713795904_7e346d9b83_b.jpg

21715474853_634e4b58b9_b.jpg

21715476683_829a4d4aee_b.jpg

22323549882_a7780697ac_b.jpg

21715480043_ecde9a042f_b.jpg

22323553082_f729023bec_b.jpg

22149714559_e465aab909_b.jpg

21715484663_61248c7c83_b.jpg

Space derbis harvester by Sunder_59, on Flickr

Looks fantastic. Great job on the angled plates in front, and color accents in those cargo crates.

Could use something to indicate scale, though. Maybe a minifig-scale vehicle photoshopped in, off to the side.

Always love seeing your renders, Sunder! I can see this ship slowly cruising through a stellar debris field, picking up useful junk with those robotic arms. Love this!

So much great details to digest. I like the re colored version. I can easily imagine this ship functioning in a debris field. I love all the runways and docking bays that this ship has.

What I like in these the most is, maybe paradoxically, is how beautiful it works when close ups are made with DOF in place - it gives such render completely new dimension, somewhat really realistic approach...nice job indeed (but gee I would add it a lot more, but you know, it's just my own "skewed" taste or something :laugh: )! :thumbup:

So many wonderful details look amazing on this MOC. These guys have a very cool job and some nice equipment to work with.