Sign in to follow this  
hallonsylt

How do you display your models? With or without stickers?

Hi dear forum!

How do you display/store your models? Do you keep stickers on or off?

I havent been collecting for too long, two years now, and I'm not sure wheather I should keep them on or just have the bricks plain. Bought some models new and seal and some are used. A bunch of them has really bad sticker quality while others are looking nice.

I guess value wise it is better to have the stickers on, but the models are way easier to keep clean wihtout them, especially the ones where the stickers are starting to give in.

I could not think of any better place to get my questions answere than here.

Thanks.

Edit: I know this is more of a general question, not specified for Star Wars, but this is the only forum I follow on Eurobricks.

Edited by hallonsylt

Stickers on for SW and other system style stuff, stickers off for Technic (as i tend to mod my technic models, and stickers mess that up)

In general though, i prefer sticker-less (or sticker-light) models if i have a choice, i bought a 6209 over 8097, partially because the former doesnt need the stickers to look good. And on the upcoming jedi interceptor, i will be rebuilding the front of the wings to replace the small grey trapezoid stickers with a brick-built form similar to 75038

I always build without and decide later to use them. Some sets look fine without them and some really need them but that is completely your choice.

I never use the stickers, sometimes I replace them with printed bricks (or bricks of another color) that can do the same job or some other times I simply keep it with its plain bricks.

I don't have any problem with stickers at all. I apply stickers when the surface of a piece don't allow printings on them or when I'm boring and have nothing to do.

I always use the stickers. I don't see the point in not using them for fear of them eventually peeling off. Besides, if and when they do start peeling away, I can just take them off entirely and it'll look no different than those where stickers were never applied at all. But at least I would have gotten to enjoy it with all the stickers applied for a good amount of time. I think that's better than just keeping the stickers stored somewhere when they would eventually deteriorate anyway.

Stickers on!

SW Lego is my hobby. I'm not in it for investment purposes, so I'm going to enjoy every build and display to the fullest

Stickers on always. I don't take stuff apart, and most of my mods are fairly insignificant. But sets with fewer stickers are always preferable.

I'm no fan of stickers. I prefer brickbuilt details and printed bricks.

So I only use them on a few models like the 10220 Camper van.

On my F40 I haven't put any sticker, yet (mainly because of my 3 year old son, he just likes to pull them off).

I would have prefered more printed parts for the F40, p.e. the "license plate", the round tile on the steering wheel and the other Ferrari logos.

The BTTF DeLorean was so freaking cool with all it's printed parts, so much better than stickers! :classic:

I usually sticker my sets as per thee instructions, BUT if there as a healthy chance I might take it apart someday I selectively apply them and keep the unused ones in a drawer.

For sets I know I'll keep together or whole indefinitely, I'll put stickers on. If there's a chance the set will just go into my bricks and parts bin, then stickers off and perhaps used elsewhere. I'd also put stickers on if the brick/piece they'll be going on is fairly common.

I'm a purist in the sense that I build and keep my models the way that LEGO designed them. I put the stickers on when the instructions call for it, and I don't make any mods. However, I do plan to swap out the figures and satellite dish on the 75105 Millennium Falcon. Maybe that'll open me up to making changes on my other sets.

I withhold or apply stickers on a case-by-case basis, weighing such considerations as how much of a difference in the model's appearance the stickers will make, how useful the stickered parts will be in other creations, whether the parts are common in that color, etc.