Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

Episode X: Deep Space Deception

shadowsofeurobricks_titlecard.png

gallery_60910_289_87614.png.

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

gallery_60910_289_162664.png

av-erdbeereis.png

"Sir, the freighter has not responded, it seems that their communications are jammed."

photo-thumb-11254.png?_r=1373570178

"No worries lieutenant, we should be arriving just in time to counter the Rebel strike."

gallery_60910_289_122350.png

av-rebeltrooper_yellow.png

"Commander, their thrusters are down, so as their comms array, we should be boarding it any time by now."

av-stash2sixx.png

"We certainly should, because it seems that we are about to have company."

gallery_60910_289_99421.png

gallery_60910_289_4601.png

I allowed the computer carrying the plans of the new Death Star to fall into Rebel hands on your advice, you'd better be right.

gallery_60910_289_9529.png

"Rest assured, your highness. Their struggle will be good enough to convince them that their prize is genuine. Once the Rebels find out what I have given them, their trust in me will be complete. I will do what Vader cannot, deliver the Rebels to you to crush at your pleasure, my Emperor."

Building objectives:

Both factions must send troops into the Suprosa frigate through the coordination of a high ranked player who will appear in a build briefing or giving an inspirational speech to his/her troops (in the safety of a cruiser, never fighting on the Suprosa). The briefing build must feature all the sig-figs of the players under the higher ranked player's command (the more players it includes, the bigger the vignette will have to be). If a player's sig-fig is not included, that player may not be able to post his/her entry. Each set of troops will also have a second in the command. The second in command (which could be in the same rank as its main commander) will build a creation that features at least two sig-figs and will have them boarding a landing vehicle or being deployed (piloting the vehicle or just saying "go, go, go!" [you know what I mean]. This also can be done by a pilot of any rank). The remaining players will build inside the frigate doing what they are "commanded" (they will communicate with their commander what they want to build and the commander will give the "order" in the description of his/her vignette). For those building within the Suprosa:

• Imperials will have to block the way of the Rebels heading to the computer and fight them within the hallways of the ship.
  • Rebels will have to clear the debris and breach the doors blocking their way to the computer and slice any computer terminal on-board. All the while fighting any resistance.

As it is in a real war, the only troops that will count as effective personnel (and the points that will accumulate for the teams) will be the ground troops (not the commander nor the second in command). The team with the most boots on the ground will be the winner, this will encourage the players to communicate and team up in order to participate. Remember: there can be more than one assault team per faction, but the more teams you send the fewer troops you will have in the ground which will also reduce the chances of your faction earning some of the additional points that can turn the tide of the conflict.

Episode Specific Rules:

• Both factions will try to head on board of the wrecked ship to salvage/secure any useful data by building a vignette depicting their character slicing computer terminals, building barricades, placing turrets and defensive positions or fighting any resistance they find on their way, but to do so they have to be coordinated by a commander and be transported by a landing craft piloted by the second in command.
  • The victorious faction will be decided by who has deployed the most troops on board the Suprosa, in combination with some additional points that will be awarded for the best builds (see section below).
  • Remember that the neither the commander nor the second-in-command-pilot will gain points for their faction (with the exception if they actually build the best creation in their respective category)
  • The Empire's goal and the Alliance's goal is to depict their character doing one of the three tasks assigned (commanding, transporting or searching/fighting on board of the Suprosa). Remember to make your story appropriate for your rank and coordinate to deploy the most troops with a single ride.
  • There can be more than one assault team per faction, but the more teams you send the fewer troops you will have on the ground and this will also reduce the chances of your faction earning some of the additional points that can turn the tide of the conflict.
  • There are no restrictions on the size for the builds of regular troops but they must feature the chambers and corridors of a space cruiser being assaulted in the inside. The commander (the player with the highest XP on each assault team) has to fit all of the sig-figs of the troops under his/her command on board of a friendly cruiser and must extend his/her creation 5 studs in length and width per player, including the player himself in the scene or bigger (e.g.: if it features the commander, the second in command and another player the creation will have to be at least 15x15 but if it features 6 other regular troops it will have to be 40X40). The second in command (a player with equal to lower XP than the commander) must feature a carrier vehiclewith at least two other sig-figs and room for everybody else (if you cant complete or dont have all the parts to assemble one or more of the sig figs under your command you can improvise a little bit but it must retain some resemblance and you have to mention which players are joining with you).
  • Commander, the more players you feature in your creation, the more soldiers can board the ship but you will also have to go wider on your creation.
  • The "commanded" players will say to their commander via PM what they want to build and the commander will "give the order" in the description of its vignette.

And just to make it clearer, there will be three type of builds:

1. Commander: "gives" the orders (after the players of its assault team expose their idea and what they want to build via PM or any other way) in the safety of their cruiser, his build must feature all the sig-figs of the players on its assault team, including the second in command, and will have to be larger with the addition of every player, he also has to have the highest rank of the assault team (there can be multiple teams).
  2. Second in command: he can have the same rank/XP as the commander or be a pilot of any rank, his mission is to transport the assault team to the battlefield and must feature a landing craft or troop transport large enough to carry all the players and featuring at least two other sig-figs of the soldiers being deployed (you can also build an environment around the ship).
  3. Troopers: none of the previously mentioned builds will count as score points for the episode (yet they will earn XP and compete for the extra score points for the faction just like everybody else) but they are needed in order to deploy the troopers which will be counted as score points, they have no size restrictions. If they are not featured on their commanders build they will not be able to deploy.

Additional score points will be awarded to the faction that has:

• The most inspiring commander speech or the most detailed/strategic debriefing (most awesome commander build of course)
  • The most combat effective transport (the coolest ship)
  • The most prominent fighter (best regular troop build)
  • And most importantly, the best organized players (which means that every player completes the task assigned to them and those tasks actually make sense while the builds share common aesthetics or elements that can tie them visually or have an actual progression) with one additional score point per each player involved in this specific operation.

​Note: additional points will only count as score point for the game and will not be related to the XP awarded.

The Rules:

• All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation.
  • The Episode will run from October 20th to November 30th. As long as it is still November 30th somewhere in the world, you can still enter.
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points or XP. No exceptions will be made this time. We mean it. Really!
  • Entries will be judged according to the Core Rules:
    • Your build will be scored in two stages, to make it easier on the judges by lessening the number of builds that must be scored in greater detail:
      • In the first stage, the judges will award a score from 1-10, with a '1' being "Minifig on a Plate", a '5' being "Your Average MOC" and a '10' being "Flawless Concept and Execution".
      • In the second stage, the top five builds of each faction (so ten in total) from the first stage will be scored based on basic predetermined criteria: up to 10 points for the concept and appropriateness to the objective, up to 25 points for your execution of the build, and up to 5 points for your presentation of the entry.
      • For builders who make it to the second stage, their second stage total is added to their first stage points, and that total is divided by two and a half. You can earn a maximum of 20 points in each episode.

[*]The amount of points you earn is also the amount of XP your character earns.

[*]This episode/contest is open to all players of Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP.

[*]All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the episode. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.

[*]All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts.

[*]All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Nar Eurbrikka subforum, the title prefixed by, "[soNE Ep. X]". (For example, "[soNE Ep. X] Bantha fodder".)

[*]Post pictures no larger than 1000x720, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.

[*]You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited.

[*]All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

[*]Since the battle takes place in deep space, no worlds are being contested in this episode.

The Prizes:

• The winning faction will earn a this tag gallery_60910_289_2313.png and be praised by its commanders back in their respective home base.
  • The player who receives the most total individual points, regardless of team, is guaranteed a spot among the next set of the blog's Showcased MOCs. (This member must still be able to provide a picture big enough and of suitable quality to be used in the Showcased banner.)
  • You will receive XP equal to the number of points you are awarded from the judges independently of what you have earned from the game for your faction.
  • Thanks to the generosity of RoyalBrickCustoms (link), we will be able to give away some unique SoNE-themed cloth minifig accessories. The player with the most XP earned in this episode on every faction will receive a pack. Furthermore, there will also be a separate sponsor's choice award for the person RoyalBrickCustoms thinks has incorporated the theme best. (Details subject to change)

Neat idea ... the Watto's Junkyard subforum copy paste mistake is still there ;)

Neat idea ... the Watto's Junkyard subforum copy paste mistake is still there ;)

I was going to fix it, but someone already beat me to it! Should be good now.

So, I take it that we have to wait until the "commander" player volunteers? Or is there a set "commander" for each fleet that we should send build ideas to?

So, I take it that we have to wait until the "commander" player volunteers? Or is there a set "commander" for each fleet that we should send build ideas to?

The commander job is open for nominees and volunteers. The team will have to work together to decide. Have you been invited to your group PM thread yet?

The commander job is open for nominees and volunteers. The team will have to work together to decide. Have you been invited to your group PM thread yet?

Are we using the old PM group or starting a new one?

I know the Rebels are going to keep using their old one. Why re-invent the wheel right?

I'm alive! Sorry for my absence, been very busy lately, though the new trailer has hyped me up to build again, and this new episode was posted with perfect timing! I've got a lot of builds to look at from the last episode, I saw a few WIPs but never got to see the end result.

Edited by Lord Tyrus

As for the group PM's, say it here if you want to join in and I'll add you to it. If you'd like to experiment with other tools, you could consider making a slack page or something similar.

There are some persons that have left the previous group PM's. Know that we can't add you back in, so I suppose there's a way you can do it yourself...

As for the group PM's, say it here if you want to join in and I'll add you to it. If you'd like to experiment with other tools, you could consider making a slack page or something similar.

There are some persons that have left the previous group PM's. Know that we can't add you back in, so I suppose there's a way you can do it yourself...

Am I in it Beaver?

Commanding a strike force is not an easy task, you should communicate with your teammates either in your HQ or via PM to join a strike force, there you should see which assignment fits better your skills.

Now that SoNE has it's own subforum is it too much fuss to create two hidden chambers in here, where only members of the faction are allowed to post?

I've left the previous PM and there's no way back :( Anyway PM's are quite uncomfortable - on mobile you have to list through all the pages and don't see which was the last unread post + it's all in one "thread" ...

Now that SoNE has it's own subforum is it too much fuss to create two hidden chambers in here, where only members of the faction are allowed to post?

I've left the previous PM and there's no way back :( Anyway PM's are quite uncomfortable - on mobile you have to list through all the pages and don't see which was the last unread post + it's all in one "thread" ...

I think that would be a little troublesome for the staff, there is no need for too much secrecy but you could also stay linked with the secret transmission via another player that is still in it.

So does our highest ranked player (Lucas) have to be a commander because the commander

has to have the highest rank of the assault team

Also, can you clarify how scores will be weighed?

So does our highest ranked player (Lucas) have to be a commander because the commander

I can answer the first question. The commander is based on rank, not XP. That had me confused for awhile too. Anyone who is the same rank as Lucas could actually be the commander and Lucas could be under him/her.

Also, can you clarify how scores will be weighed?

The commander doesn't need to be in the highest rank of the RPG to lead an strike team, It just has to be the highest ranked on its strike team.

On the second matter, each team will earn points with every regular soldier that lands on the ship (the commanded troop builds), but to do so, they will need to go under the command of an officer (the commander) and be transported by a landing craft (second in command or pilot) which will not contribute directly to the score but will have a very important role, plus one additional point that will be awarded to the best build in each category and the most important element to have in mind is to earn the extra points for the best team (best organized/strategic/with common aesthetics) that will earn one score point per each player included.

On the second matter, each team will earn points with every regular soldier that lands on the ship (the commanded troop builds), but to do so, they will need to go under the command of an officer (the commander) and be transported by a landing craft (second in command or pilot) which will not contribute directly to the score but will have a very important role, plus one additional point that will be awarded to the best build in each category and the most important element to have in mind is to earn the extra points for the best team (best organized/strategic/with common aesthetics) that will earn one score point per each player included.

So 1 point per regular soldier that lands on the ship? then add on the bonuses...

Rebels unite!!

We're planning our assault on the frigate. We use a secure channel for this. Do you want to join us get the super secret information aboard the frigate? Please let us know so we can add you to the channel!!

Zaael out!

22540287465_144d758ee8_s.jpg

Edited by Zaael

<p>I'm hoping to get a build done in time for once

Edited by Jannik