Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

The Magician

22313724132_7562cd774e_c.jpg

A mystical magician approaching the solitary spire he calls home, to study the stars, read his books, and do magic stuff!

Greatly inspired by the fabulous artworks of Péah. Normally I try build original completely compositions, but when I saw his work I just had to build it, it's so beautiful, and I'd love to build more of it!

peahart.tumblr.com/

This is my main exhibit for the upcoming Auckland Brick show this weekend and Brickcon-NZ the following weekend, been tinkering with it for several months now, it was worth doing well I think :) unfortunately some bricks cough*lugbulk*cough haven't yet arrived which I would have loved to use, but you can't have everything can you? was a very fun build with some cool techniques and (what I think) is an awesome colourscheme, the ground is flesh and those accents are light and warm yellowish orange, I think? I finally found a use for all that medium azure i accidentally bought last year! :D

Enjoy everyone!

David

www.facebook.com/davidhenselLego

22138965588_4981c64a3e_c.jpg

Great build as always, but that ground really catches my eye. I might have to find some pieces in those colors, I think they would look good in a Wild West setting. Anyway, it's nice to see you building for GoH again!

Your builds always amaze me! What color is used in the landscape besides the medium dark flesh? Is is dark orange or sand red?

Nice build, LD!

The colors really stand out here, especially the tower against the ground! The ground looks amazing! The round tower looks great as well. The technique used for rounding makes a very concise, realistic appearance. The dome works well, as does the arched window.

I'm always paralyzed when TLG confronts me with a new variation of the colour blue (what should I do with these bricks? Keep, sell, destroy?)

But you have obviously found a good solution - well done!

Stunning build :wub: Wonderful use of color, and the shape of the building looks almost futuristic, in a good way :thumbup: Lovely landscape as usual too :classic:

The tones of blue, and how well the round form of the tower matches at the base surrounded by the rocks are my favorite part.

Great as always Legonardo. :)

Excellent shape and unexpected colors! The flesh ground really looks good, glad I also ordered a bunch of plates in that color...need t try them sometime :classic:

So NZ also got the bulk late this year...

Excellent. I don't know why but it reminds me the wizards town in Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Maybe the color od the tower does that :)