The most famous jewelled eggs are the Fabergé eggs made by Peter Carl Fabergé between 1885 and 1917 for the Russian Tsars Alexander III and Nicholas II. The Tsars presented the eggs as Easter gifts for their wives and mothers. I always liked jewelled eggs, but unfortunately they are just unaffordable (well, the real ones at least...). I just had to make a LEGO version! Like many jewelled eggs, it has a theme and contains a surprise inside: it’s a wedding egg!

22124731139_3897ea6e82_z.jpg

22311566075_e7a2f5f5ef.jpg

This egg is dedicated to my dear brother and his wife whom recently got married! Hurray!

Do you have something to celebrate as well? Or do you want to give something pretty to your best friend or beloved? (or treat yourself) ... make sure to support this project on LEGO Ideas to turn it into an official LEGO set!

LEGO Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/119852

Wow, well done! It looks really royal and just like the real thing!

I suggest you to add a picture of the real one so we can see how simillar to the original it looks.

Thank you everyone!

Wow, well done! It looks really royal and just like the real thing!

I suggest you to add a picture of the real one so we can see how simillar to the original it looks.

I would if I could, but this isn't a copy of a real egg. I looked at a lot of pictures of real jewelled eggs and started looking for lego parts that would made a convincing egg... and this is what I came up with :wink:

I plan on making 2 more eggs: a blue one and a green one.

Beautiful! I love the colours! It looks very valuable.

Thank you! Well, actually it's quite valuable... I didn't have enough of those chrome horn parts (there are 32 on this egg) and had to purchase them. I think I must have emptied all the Dutch BrickLink stores to get this done for an average price of 50 cent per chrome part. It's a bit much, but it was worth it. I wish LEGO would make loads more chromed parts, because they are so lovely :sweet:

That looks amazing, you have my support!

Don’t tell my girlfriend though, she might think I’d want to get one to put a ring in it :D

Wonderful! Those eggs are really beautiful and have that luxurious feel about them just as the originals. I must say that I like your first one, the red and gold, the most, but your new ones are really well made as well and together they make a splendid collection. :thumbup:

These are beautiful. They are so realistic looking. I love all the details and am still trying to figure out how you built these, mainly the body of the eggs.

Beautiful builds Koen, I believe your first would still be my favorite, but the other two are superb as well! :wub: Great idea of having the third one open differently too! :wink::thumbup:

Perfect replicas. I live in Russia and know that a few eggs were presented to the last Russian tsar when the 300th anniversary of the Romanoff dynasty was celebrated. I supported a few Faberge eggs on LEGO ideas site. Are any of your eggs there, too?