Macsen Wledig

The Wall: Rome's Northern Frontier

Hello Eurobricks. I'm here as an ambassador of Brick to the Past to present our latest collaberation The Wall: Rome's Northern Frontier

The Wall is a model of Hadrian's Wall, a former defensive fortification in Roman Britain built between around AD 122 and AD126, during the reign of the eponymous Emperor Hadrian. The Wall stretched some 120km between the Solway Firth in the west to the Tyne Estuary east and when in use was effectively the northern limit of the Roman Empire. In 1987 the remains of the Wall were declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and in 2005 it became part of the transnational Frontiers of the Roman Empire World Heritage Site. The model is roughly sixteen square metres in size and was built on 105 48x48 stud Lego baseplates.

It was built by Brick to the Past members James Pegrum, Jimmy Clinch, Simon Pickard, Steve Snasdell, Dan Harris and Barney Main. It was unveiled for the first time at the Great Western Brick Show in October 2015 and will be on display again at London's Brick 2015 in December. You can view more photos on our website.

We hope you like it!

Brick to the Past is a group of British Lego fans who build historically themed models on a grand scale. You can follow us on:

www.facebook.com/bricktothepast

www.twitter.com/bricktothepast

www.bricktothepast.com

Excuse me I believe I dropped my jaw on the floor somewhere, also never mind all the drool I'll mop it up later. :wub:

Great MOC. So much details. Excellent Roman housing.

One thing to consider for future. IIRC the Wall is in not so flat area, making some higher ground would elevate this build from amazing to epic.

That is absolutely amazing. Awesome, in the most literal sense of the word. There is just so much going on, and it takes up such an incredible amount of space. Lots of attention to detail, it looks spectacular.

Well done, everyone!

This is one amazing build, Macsen Wledig!

The scale is just astounding, but I particularly like the little details and the attention to building historically! The guardposts along the wall are great, especially the rounded corners. Excellent roof techniques on the different buildings!

Everything about this is amazing, particularly the scale. 105 48x48 baseplates?! That's difficult for me to fathom. What's even better, is it's 105 baseplates FULL of detail. I often wish I had more roman themed Lego, enough to do some small-to-medium sized MOCs, but this makes me think about making some BL orders. Truly great stuff!

What the :wub: of my life !

This is insanely beautifull, could you please post a few thousand pictures so we can se all of the details ? :laugh:

Im gonna stare at this for weeks before i get it all.

This should be frontpaged for sure !

Once again : What the :wub: .

Saw this collaboration on Flickr already, but my god what a thing of beauty :drool: . Amazing work! There's too much amazing stuff going on to comment on it all. It's just gorgeous! One of my favorite details is probably the floor mosaic in the Roman villa.

Thanks very much everyone, your feedback has been wonderful!

Planning started in August last year while building began in October. It then took us until September this year to get it all finished. We put it together for the first time at the Great Western Brick Show on the first week in October and were blow away with the reaction.

We will be displaying it at least once more at Brick 2015 at Excel in London in the middle of December, so come along if you would like to see it first-hand; we'd love to meet Eurobricks members there.

105 baseplates? That's 241,920 square studs. That is absolutely astounding! And the best part is it all looks detailed. You guys did a wonderful job. :thumbup:

If I published illustrated dictionaries, I'd include your overview photo by the entry for "mind boggling." Trying to comprehend what 105 big baseplates looks like in person short-circuited my processor. The overall apperance is excellent, and the sheer volume of detail is beyond anything I've yet seen. But that's what collabs are for, right? I don't need to tell you this is extraordinary; I checked out the group and the word "epic" was used prominently which is most appropriate. Sadly I won't be able to see it in person, but at least I have a few pics to pore over. Could you share any more?

Magnificent is an understatement.

Mind blown !

Possibly the most awesome Lego layout ever with such fantastic detailing........Brick On 'Macsen Wledig' and the rest of your Brick To The Past crew ! :grin: