Dannylonglegs

[O-H09] A Hard Exterior

Tags: Vehicle (pick one, I really don't care either way. :tongue: ), Science

21662994524_37af1ba25c_z.jpgIMG_20151018_174252 by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"Log date 454, this is Dr. Danielle Long. The tropic regions of Planet Wastyria in Sector H09 are host to the greatest biodiversity on this otherwise frigid planet. Here temperatures rarely sink below 0 degrees Celsius, allowing for a myriad of temperature sensitive creatures to thrive. I have stumbled upon an organism roughly analogous to earth coral here. Presently I am utilizing an Aquatic Hardsuit to get a closer look at this biome."

22285737675_827af17b38_z.jpgIMG_20151018_174040 by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

21664732963_2aa794cf6e_z.jpgIMG_20151018_174358 by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

22296311141_c095a07596_z.jpgIMG_20151018_174518 by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

22296396711_092144fed9_z.jpgIMG_20151018_174607 by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

No story this week. Dr. Long is finally doing some innocent Scientific research. :laugh: She finds out that Kodan has a time machine later!

I'd like as much feedback (be harsh! I can take it!) on the coral as I possibly can, as a coral reef not too dissimilar to this will feature as part of a contest entry for something else... :look:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Awesome (and colorful :look: ) build! Tons of NPU! I spy hairpieces, headpieces, scorpions, spiders... All kinds of good stuff! Excellent job. :thumbup:

I was wondering where the mech was going to go! :laugh:

This is a solid build Danny. The mech is great and I love your coral! If I were to offer anything for the coral, it might be to work on organizing the colors some. It might look better than the random arrangement. Then again, it might look worse. :grin:

What no Marge hair piece? jeez..awesome build, great looking coral and mech :thumbup:

It's hidden by the Sisters' :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Awesome (and colorful :look: ) build! Tons of NPU! I spy hairpieces, headpieces, scorpions, spiders... All kinds of good stuff! Excellent job. :thumbup:

Thanks! :grin: Glad you like it! Gotta throw those Scorpions in! :wink:

Love the corals! very hairy!

Indeed! They make for excellent texture!

I was wondering where the mech was going to go! :laugh:

This is a solid build Danny. The mech is great and I love your coral! If I were to offer anything for the coral, it might be to work on organizing the colors some. It might look better than the random arrangement. Then again, it might look worse. :grin:

It's going sous marine! :wink:

Thanks for the feedback! You're right, I definitely think the scene is too busy... but it's coral... so I tried to keep it from getting too skittles-y. maybe when I restyle the coral for the contest, I'll try keeping the colours closer to eachother. Also, I'm not 100% sure how much I like the darkness of the purple and dark green, but meh. I have a lot of purple. :grin:

Thanks!

That is a really cool build. Lots of purple. Somebody has a few lego elves sets.

tbh, this isn't even all of my Elves's foliage pieces! And yes! The Elves sets are great! I love the treehouse. :wub:

:look:

:grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I think the randomness of colors looks pretty authentic, IMO, although the sea floor is a little plain in comparison. One thing though: that brown hairpiece has gotta go. It sticks out strangely against all the bright colors and grey rocks.

Criticism aside, this is a fantastic build! I love the shape of it all, and the hairbrushes are some serious NPU.

Cool coral and quite a collection of hair pieces. The mech looks great and is posed very well, it looks like it doesn't have much weight to it, as it would underwater

19168095880_e3c5f8dff4_t.jpg Dr. Long is especially hard this week.

19359739061_e67a9fc782_t.jpg

Edited by pombe

Very vibrant reef with some really great parts usage. I also like the smoothness of the sand from the underwater current. Dr. Long seems to be forgetting the rule about not touching the reef though... "Take nothing but picturesLeave nothing but bubbles… Kill nothing but time." The filter on the first pic reminds me of every textbook photo from HS/College.

I think the randomness of colors looks pretty authentic, IMO, although the sea floor is a little plain in comparison. One thing though: that brown hairpiece has gotta go. It sticks out strangely against all the bright colors and grey rocks.

Criticism aside, this is a fantastic build! I love the shape of it all, and the hairbrushes are some serious NPU.

Thank you! The sea floor was left plain because I originally intended Dr. Long's hard suit to be a bit smaller than it turned out to be .. :blush: she would have been standing there. And thanks for mentioning the brown hairpiece! I Agree with you. It looked out if place.

Great alien landscape.

Thank you!

Cool coral and quite a collection of hair pieces. The mech looks great and is posed very well, it looks like it doesn't have much weight to it, as it would underwater

Thanks! That's what I was aiming for! Glad you like it!

19168095880_e3c5f8dff4_t.jpg Dr. Long is especially hard this week.

19359739061_e67a9fc782_t.jpg

:look::blush:

Super cool coral! Lots of colors, but not too much for a coral. Sweet looking mech, I wish you luck staying balanced :grin:

Balance did seem to be a theme with this Moc and its later reappearances. :laugh:

Very vibrant reef with some really great parts usage. I also like the smoothness of the sand from the underwater current. Dr. Long seems to be forgetting the rule about not touching the reef though... "Take nothing but picturesLeave nothing but bubbles… Kill nothing but time." The filter on the first pic reminds me of every textbook photo from HS/College.

Thanks! I did try to figure out some way to have her not touching the reef, but ultimately, that was too hard. (Pun intended) and I had to have her stand on the reef she is investigating. Fortunately b I don't think she cares too much about preservation... except as it relates to maintaining a resource's extractability. Not the best Ecologal conservationalist is she.

And now that you mention it, the top shot does look like a text book cover! :laugh:

The judges awarded you 4 points.

Thanks, Judges!

~Insectoid Aristocrat