Mihai Marius Mihu and I would like to share our collaboration, the Rivers of Hell from Greek mythology. Please visit the group on flickr for the concept art developed during the project as well as studies of some of the builds: https://flic.kr/g/qZVdL

For now, just enjoy the pictures.

22095648359_56f973230a_z.jpgAcheron by Mihai Marius Mihu, on Flickr

The Acheron, river of woe, is the first river reached by the dead on their final journey. Countless souls are whisked across the black depths by Charon, ferryman of Hades. Each soul pays but one coin to cross yet Charon’s wealth must equal that of Midas himself.

22256356706_de63112a95_z.jpgStyx by The Deathly Halliwell, on Flickr

The Styx, river of hate, tumbles from cliffs and past a thorny shore. This river, central to the oaths of the Gods, offers no comfort to the souls of the dead. On its shore stalk the Erinyes, visiting justice upon criminal souls.

22282470185_bc09047682_z.jpgCocytus by Mihai Marius Mihu, on Flickr

The Cocytus, river of wailing, pools its stinking depths around those who deserve unending torture. This foul swamp offers little reprieve to Sisyphus as he again approaches the summit, thinking that this time may be his last. Here also Ixion turns on his wheel, mud and flies coating his flesh for eternity.

22282372375_09f18d30e1_z.jpgLethe by The Deathly Halliwell, on Flickr

The Lethe, river of forgetfulness, winds through the cave of Hypnos and across the plains of Hell. It is here that spirits come, drinking deep of its waters and forgetting their mortal lives. Atop his cave, Hypnos dreams.

22094342290_d9f59ceee9_z.jpgPhlegethon by The Deathly Halliwell, on Flickr

The Phlegethon, river of fire, churns through the bowels of Hell, boiling the souls of the damned. As it coils down to the deepest depths of Hell it approaches that prison of the titans, dreadful Tartarus. The great guardian beast Cerberus patrols this river as well as it travels the borders of the underworld.

Thanks for viewing!

Edited by Hyler Talliwell

I'll repeat my praise from Flickr: It's absolutely stunning. And properly scary. Not that any of those two facts surprise me the least considering who's behind this, you two create some of the maddest MOCs out there. It's a brilliant collaboration and, I repeat, it would be so great to be able to see these together at some point (even if it's probably never going to happen).

Good job, both of you. This is the kind of stuff that makes people who are not into LEGO realise just how creative it's possible to be with these bricks!

o wow. those are all incredible!! until i went back and read again, i thought they were all built by both of you together, not individually. i like how you have used head, shoulders and such as the scenery/backdrop. [cant think of the correct word, hope you know what i mean!]

hard to pick a favourite, but cocytus and lethe both catch my eye.

This is art. Truly remarkable how you've created such bleak scenes in such stunning style and form. The shapes you've made are unbelievable, yet clean and pleasant to look at. And the subject matter as deliciously grim! Why isn't this on the Frontpage yet?! :laugh:

Beautiful work! Truly humbling and awe inspiring! :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Very nice models! The builds are great, and certainly evocative. I'd love to see sets like this in minifgure scale.

Great job, all!

Stunning. Im lost for words.

Plegheton is definately my favorite , though they are all masterpieces.

Truly amazing builds. This really reminds me of the Dante's Inferno video game, which makes me think you should continue this to depict the 9 rings of hell.

Amazing!

I like the Lethe the most.

It reminds me Of Dante's Divina Commedia.